Reviews for Divided We Fall
jamelia116 chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
I never quite bought the way B'Elanna went into such a deep depression so long after Sveta's letter. This story explains it much better than the story did-that the letter started her spiral downward and awakened old insecurities. Great story.
Lucy-Cakes chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Great insight, I literally watched this episode today for the first time. As someone who can empathise with B'Elanna, this story gives a great look into how she's feeling. Thank you x
BonesBird chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Awwwwww, this was an absolutely fabulous look at B'Elanna's spiral into self harm. I think you got into her character and motivations during the months prior to the episode. Well done.
starie78 chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Powerful stuff, well written. Well done.
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This snapshot of B'Elanna's perspective really jumps off the page (screen?) with how beautifully you put the scene together. It has such movement and vividness that it's impossible not to get caught up in how she's slipping away. I especially like how you related to each of her relationships with her friends (Neelix would have been a nice one to touch on too given the angle of their friendship).

This was sad but so lovely. Thanks for sharing.
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This effectively takes us along with B'Elanna as she descends to the point where she craves the pain that assures her that she is still alive. The moment that you describe, when B'Elanna watches the drop of blood curling over her skin and realizes that pain is something that she can still feel, cuts with almost crystal clarity.
beautyofsorrow chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This absolutely breaks my heart. You have so perfectly captured B'Elanna's inner fractured spirit that my own is shredded and bleeding alongside hers. But I don't mean this in a negative way - far from it. This is perhaps the best piece of B'Elanna fic I have read on this site. It is fantastic. Raw, true, slicing down to loneliness and rejection and resignation. And I'm almost crying just reading this.

That's why I love it.

"She's tried so hard to build something for herself on this ship, but it feels so fragile that one tiny step in the wrong direction will unravel it all." ... "It's like trying to integrate herself into the schoolyard world when she's the only one with facial ridges." ... "They simply don't have the *time* for stuff like this."

These are so true, so B'Elanna, so tragically beautiful...

"Deep down she knows, as much as she tries to ignore it, that this is her burden and that she must bear it alone. Regardless of consequence she has to deal with this by herself, as she always has."

The resignation, the utter finality in this thought... oh, it kills me. Just pulls me up and slaughters me. So few people are willing, even able, to delve into B'Elanna's dark side, this inner cauldron of writhing anger and cold, limp abandonment, and I think that's why so many people pass her off as a hothead, a Klingon bottle rocket waiting to explode. But they miss so much, so much...

I'm so glad you haven't.

And this... "Is that what things are turning to? Just a record and few passing words with no physical evidence left to testify?"

This... to me... this puts to words the unravelling that is B'Elanna, this invisible spiral that we never saw, never suspected. This cold, slow, painful fade into emptiness makes so much more sense than the series gave us (Chakotay says B'Elanna waited only 1 day to start running the holodeck programs, and I always thought that was far too fast, but tried to justify it in my own Extreme Risk fic).

In short? Bravo. You have framed the essence of B'Elanna in this piece.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Searing and true. Anyone who has watched a loved one fall prey to the justifications of depression - or been there, and emerged - will understand the downward pull you described. Very, very well done.
PinkAngel17 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Awww, so sad. And very good! The foreboding undertone with the tension around her was really well written. I could definitely see those thoughts going through her head. Nicely done! :)