Reviews for Lessons
SubZeroChimera chapter 1 . 4/3
Interesting take on the conversation that happens between shulk, dunban and sharla... and on Shulk having "always been a bit frail"!
BladeMaster87 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
This was a wonderfully charming story. You portrayed the characters very accurately. I lol'd at Dunban's remark on the rifle lesson.
Krylancelo chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I like this. Good one. It was always fun to see Shulk want to learn the ether rifle at the end of battles, and Dunban say he shouldn't. Same with Melia too.
Though I don't think Shulk could even use ether like a high etina, right? Yeah, most likely.
Hope you write more stories!
KFArtyLover chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Woooow! This story is amazing! :)
You made my day with the live target thing, poor Reyn! XD
Keep writing like this! :)
Martin III chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Gah, why does FF dot net insist on auto-logging users out three days after they log in? To put it more clearly: the below review is by me, and I was logging in when I began typing it up.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This story's a little all over the place, but mostly in a good way. You cover quite a bit of character textures which don't contradict or expand beyond what's seen in the game, but rather fill in the holes left by the source material.

I like how you start things lighthearted, with Shulk's unconscious imitation of Reyn's mannerisms and Sharla's little prank on him, before finishing with Shulk's more serious contemplations. His lack of conventional fighting skills is something that the game didn't touch on much, so it's good to see you handling it so well here. You don't have Shulk wallow in self-pity, as many writers would have done. And your exploration of his motivations, brief as it is, is very moving and convincing.

Also, the ether rifle lessons themselves are entertaining. I can't comment on their authenticity, but it's certainly compelling reading. Very good work.
Fan chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Thank you very much for this great fanfiction !
I enjoyed it , really ! Specially tha last part with Reyn xD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I always wondered what would happen if she'd taken on his request voiced after battles! I also like how in this, as if we don't hear enough of it in-game, how he really does need the monado. It's a good reminder that yeah, Shulk isn't a natural fighter like so many characters in so many games and that although he tries his best to help out, everynow and then, I'll bet that he'd be reminded!
Nicely done! Not often Sharla is brought into the limelight like that! :)
Sniperrolf chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
"Great. It'll be amazing to have a live target for our next session"
L O L It great. :)
It's really cool to see an awesome writer like you doing one of my prompts. :D