Reviews for Harry Potter and the Aftermath
highrise75 chapter 22 . 9/18
Good story but why was there no return to thor mistaking harry for someone much older
Harsh Critic chapter 6 . 9/14
Me again. Sorry. Last time. Can delete these if you need to.

Why did he follow Thor out? That doesn't make sense. Everything he feels that is wrong, is the Scepter. He doesn't give a penny about Loki or anyone else, his one focus is the scepter. A reasonable action would have been him simply taking it and apparating away before calling Death regarding how to destroy it - or even do it before he takes it. It does, not, make, sense for him to trail after Thor like a paperbag caught in the wake of something more important. He is, again, reduced to a little paper cut out being danced on the screen as the movie plays out in the background.

Again, the entire scene where his sole contribution is invisibly rolling his eyes, could have been cut out. Even if you wanted the same thing to happen (him to waffle and give in to Thor's demand to show himself because.. uh whateva..), we didn't need to have a transcript dump put in front of it first. (Also, why does he care about the cube again? Its presence never bothered him before, only the scepter)

'He was tempted to try transfiguration but that was never his strong suit' - after all the earlier guff about the elder wand enabling him to do all this amazing stuff? Really?
'He'd never learned Hermione's nifty bird-making trick' - you mean.. 'Avis'? That one? The conjuration (though taught as a charm) spell they had to learn at least some version of at school? And was also actually taught as part of silent casting so actually using the worded form should have been easier?

It's like the capable Harry of the early chapters just degenerates into a spotty-faced lazy dumb teen who can just about manage to use his wand to pick his nose and not much else. Ugh.

And why does he speak the patronus spell when it's established already that he doesn't need to speak mastered spells with the elder want AND that (and probably incendio actually) spell is like the one he's best known for so should be easy to cast.

Yeah, and this just became another reader self-insertion as the 'wow ohmigawd a wizard really, you're like amazing and a hero huh?' fringe character story.

Sorry. It's probably amazing later on, has a good review count and plenty of chapters... but this part is just weak. So. Yeah. That's enough criticism. I will shut up and go away. Apology for my harshness, I never learned the trick of critiquing kindly.
Harsh Critic chapter 5 . 9/14
The second I read the bit where Harry was in Germany, saw Loki before the gang got there but events still played out like in the movie, I knew this was one of 'those' stories. The one where nothing changes, where Harry is essentially a cardboard cutout who floats about the edges contributing nothing and satisfying only a vague reader self-insertion urge rather than creating a new tale from the bones of an old one.

No, Harry's epic contribution was to urge people to run away. Pfft.

And then, yep, we watch the movie in written form as he continues to awkwardly linger on the fringe of events, serving no purpose, impacting the world not at all.

Excuses are made 'he doesn't need to be in the limelight' or 'his reactions had gotten rusty' but c'mon. If Harry literally has no impact for no good reason, he shouldn't be in the scene at all. Writing 101 - if a scene has no purpose, don't include it. Everyone in this fandom knows what happened in the movie, we don't need to read about Harry watching it happen.

And then on the helicarrier he makes babbling excuses and pleas to Thor instead of saying quite simply 'My kind are hidden for their own protection, Id appreciate your silence for now'? The whole fic thus far we've been told about how mature he is and collected and professional - and he trips over himself like a 12 year old girl getting in trouble with a teacher.

Apology for the harshness but these are fairly common flaws in fandom (next level down from Mary Sues) and if they don't get pointed out, how do any of us learn? God knows I have and probably still do it myself.
I am Aus chapter 13 . 8/17
This fic was a bit of a let down to be honest.
Catharmel chapter 22 . 8/7
Lovely story.
ScarletRainbow1 chapter 22 . 7/25
This has been a wonderful story, but am sorry to see it end. Thank you.
Werewolfshaverights chapter 4 . 7/6
This is a wonderfully written story, definitely one of the better ones I've read on fan fiction. I can't believe I haven't read this one before. Well done and I look forward to seeing more of your works.
Maximum Katniss Bella Potter chapter 22 . 6/25
It has been a very long time since I have read a story that put me at peace when it finished. This story did exactly that. I don't know if I have ever been as relaxed after a story as I am now.
I feel like some parts were somewhat rushed, but that added to the emotions and plot of the story. This was very well written, and I hope you keep writing.

Hoping to enjoy more of your works,
MKBP
AnonBryd chapter 22 . 6/21
The ending ruined the entire experience for me.

There were things that I wasn't happy with, but my Suspension of Disbelief covered those. The ending just annoyed me.
Voldy21 chapter 6 . 6/12
Harry was an auror? Really? The spells he does are so simple and limited. Like is stupefy his favorite spell or something? How about using summoning spells, or wards or anything! Also, I hate it when a new character is introduced into a situation and nothing is changed. It's the same exact outcome, everything remained exactly the same. Add a new twist, add some dialogue with Harry being involved. Also, make Harry's abilities reflect his age. It's almost like he's still 15 and back in the battle of the ministry. Otherwise, pretty good. I like the character building and everything but the fight scenes are not very well thought out.
Alifromnm chapter 22 . 6/2
This was such a fun read!
Jelly Babies! Loved it!
It's interesting to see the depth in Neville's character - the deep seated loathing buried behind a kind soul. I mean, I love canon Neville, but I really like seeing the human side of him as well in this story. And I don't blame him for it. I would even hope that with his stronger magical power, the pain he inflict on the Lestranges would be twice as much. 'Pureness' is overrated, anyway.
Your version of Death is somewhat endearing. He seems very human, what with his bits of advise and opinions. I rather think he sounds somewhat like Hermione.

I would really like to see some really strong character for Death though. Maybe he can be a prankster of sorts, or a blood-pop addict, or tends to scream in Sanskrit when panicking. Something that makes him stand out a little more.
Honestly don't you two read chapter 22 . 5/28
Good job! I liked the involvement of Hermione, Ron, Neville, Luna and George :-) good ending, let the guy have a lifehe can enjoy :-p good job!
1,276 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »