Reviews for An Indirect Rescue
Helena Dax chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
What a great fic! Sam's my favourite character but I understand Katie's anger. I loved when Tom said that John didn't want Katie to start dating until married lol And it's so good to see Tom alive...
Pulpomolcagetero chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
then that was what happened to Katie? who finished their studies, what helped change her future? I like the development of the situation, but I see no change in her future, saying weird al Ziggi with his command as the future evolves.

Maybe Al would have said:
"Wow, Ziggi said Katie married Chuck, but only lasted a year with the damn fool, I leave him and got a job as secretary of a lawyer who defends the rights of women, 10 years later I think a support group battered women "

But that is rather what I'd wish for Sam, who might know somewhere that helped your family be a little better, after all did so much to so many strangers, even supposed that continues after the end of the series.
badkidoh chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I liked this story.
madbrad chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Ah, wonderful. Darn, but I loved QL. And now you're "doing a Quantum leap" on Quantum Leap, "putting right what once went wrong" ... with the show! Great stuff.

You've got me wondering what other failures Sam experienced that Sarah1281 can put right. :-) He saved Tom, of course. But not his dad. Still, it's hard for a single time-travel event to rectify decades of hardening arteries.

I do like the extrapolation you've done here, of course. Very nice indeed to think that Sam *did* fix up his sister's life. And I'm glad you hinged it all on 'Imagine'. That was a mighty powerful scene, it can take the weight.

A few syntax errors and the like - such as "I'm sure that Tom would be here" (should be Sam), and "he has to keep his grades up to lose his scholarships" - they were the two 'inversions' that slowed me down for a tick.

I love this line for some reason -

- "Just because Sam says it doesn't mean it's not good advice,"

Sometimes people can get hung up on emotional issues (with a proponent of an argument) and miss just that slant on things. Anyway, for some reason that really worked for me here. Maybe because Katie was getting a bit worked up at that point, protesting, calling Tom *Sam*, rolling her eyes ... and then he hits her with that nice little bit of common sense / logic. Anyway, it was an excellent line to use to get his kid sister off the contentious issue of 'Sam' and segue into the "it's just a little longer" point.

You had me thinking while reading this ... if only the people at the project could 'teach' their guests in the waiting room. Even if they didn't *usually* do that ... this was *Sam*. When they had the teenaged Sam sitting there they should have pumped him full of Beckett history ... so the mission could continue after Sam leaped out of Elk Ridge. And there wouldn't be all the guessing we've got here. Oh well. You've fixed things with Katie anyway.

(And I suppose the 'swiss cheese effect', which I'm pretty sure worked both ways, rules out my idea anyway. :-()

Okay, you've got to have Katie and Tom meet up with Sam, post your Asgard story and Sam's return, so they can compare notes and know that their brother was as good to them and the family as they'd thought/hoped. ('Cause staying away during his father's funeral *is* hard to accept, I can understand why your Katie was upset at him here.)

Great little story. I enjoyed this and your other QL piece very much, thanks!
shadowquark chapter 1 . 7/3/2012