Reviews for His Dad's A Hero
marisky130 chapter 2 . 6/14
I'd love to see Deans reaction! This was really clever.
NogadamoBhitia chapter 2 . 5/22
Interesting. I'm glad I read it. Thank you for writing and posting it.
majorshane chapter 2 . 3/29
Bravo, what a great read!
As much as an enjoyed the idea of a spider monster, the addition of a Jinn induced dream really hit home with Emma's character. Visions of a family would have added to an already traumatic experience making her relationship with Dean even more intense. Also cool that she was able to resist the Jinn after a while, a bit of her saviour power shining through eh? Or perhaps her natural strength of will? I love that you had Emma send a letter to Dean, it shows that even though she wants nothing to do with him she is still showing him a small amount of respect. How wonderfully tragic that she chose not to leave a return address, and how wonderfully tragic that she (and the reader) has no way of knowing if the letter ever reached him.

That last line: 'I don't want you to find us.' So powerful. Until that line I imagine Dean would have been ready to say screw it and track her down. Not even a magic barrier would stop him given his particular set of skills. That line would have really tortured him through and through. Damned if he tracks Henry down (and risks brining the supernatural guillotine down as well as going against Emma's wishes) and damned if he doesn't (leaving his kid alone without a father and potentially not being there if demons or angels or other threats find his family).

Another thing: if the angels ever found out about Henry they might track him down to be Dean's replacement as Michael's meat suit. A living host might be less hassle then resurrecting Adam. The existence of this letter being sent out into the world opens up the possibility! I imagine that the voice of an angel offering to help Henry out of certain tough spots (being kidnaped by Pan for example) might tempt Henry to say yes. The Archangel Michael would smite the crap out of Pan, or Cora, or any number of other threats put in front of him! Castiel could probably find Henry too, especially if he looked before the curse was broken (or if he constantly kept a lookout and sensed Henry during one of his trips past the town border).

Ultimately even though I love that we got to see more of this plot bunny, I think I like this version about the same as the first in terms of my affection. This one teases us with a little more promise of conflict (because it's a letter instead of internal thoughts), and it paints a bit more characterization. The first one though is short and sweet and powerful. It packs an amazing punch with its irony and potential in a startlingly short story. Thank you thank you thank you for adding to this universe! I've read quite a few Supernatural/OUAT xovers and so far none of them but these two were awesome in my eyes. A few are good, but they usually have a poor reason to connect the two, boring plot, or bad/OOC characterization. Your stories method of connecting these characters is the best ever IMHO and, despite being short, your writing is meticulous in what it says as well as what it doesn't say. What I mean by that is you leave enough wiggle room and vagueness in your narative that I find myself pausing after almost every paragraph to just imagine everything that your story implies. I'm probably just rambling and not coming across very clearly at this point. Bottom line is great job and write on my friend, write on!
Loved it! I'd read the first incarnation and enjoyed it, but this was even more satisfying. I hope one day your muse decides it would be fun to record Dean's reaction!
Daughter of Ironman06 chapter 2 . 3/27
Would up mind asking another their chapter of Dean getting chapter of dean getting the letter?
majorshane chapter 1 . 3/19
I like coming back and re-reading this story ever so often. It's short, but absolutely fantastic. I hope you decide to continue it but if you don't that's ok, it's so well done that I'm just glad to have found it.
Panda bear chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
Ok, I hate to bug you on this, and I don't really want to get you mad without your premission, so can I make a story out of this? PLEASEY WEASEY! I don't want to step on any toes, I just thought this would be a good kickstarter to a story
Lady Lazy chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
I really like this! Any chance of you continuing it?
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Awww, Emma...Great work. Catch ya on the flip side.
UltimateLoveStorys chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Love this! I really hope ou keep going!
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Interesting plus it fits since in SPN 1x22, Dean said he always wanted to be a firefighter.

Nicely done
666Neme666 chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
This was an awesome crossover, even if it is quite short. I think you should continue it. Maybe with Dean arriving to Storybrooke. ;)
mz.brar chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I wonder what dean would have done if Emma had managed to get a hold of him. I know this is ment to be a dabbler but if you ever write a second piece do let me know.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
LOVE the idea of Dean being Henry's dad. Super cute little oneshot. Wish it was longer though!
ciara mc k chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
what if dean and sam come to storybrook will henry know the his father what if emma and henry are in darener