Reviews for Wandering Martial Artist 放浪武道家 Hourou Budouka
Talonhunter chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Interesting story, looking forward to the follow up chapters and see if the chaos of Ranma shows up again in her life..._
James Magnus chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
"Like "Strangers on a Train," Only with less murder."

That line alone is enough to see me on this story :D.

Please tell me you're planning on writing more of this! Its only been one chapter, and already I'm looking forward to reading more. You have a good grasp of both characters from Ranman 1/2 and Hourou Musuko, and it really shows in your writing. You've really captured their essence here, and all of their dialogue and interactions seem very inline with how they would be play out in the original manga, regardless of the fact that this is a crossover. In fact, Yuki's reactions and interactions with Ranma are very true to her character, as are her thoughts at that age and how she's coming to grips with who she is as a person.

Personally, I'm intrigued to see how this plays out. The fact that these two wildly different stories are set in the same universe raises a lot of interesting questions and potential plot-points you can work with, even if this is going to be a one/two-shot fanfic. I'm definitely looking forward to reading how both interact after this revelation, and how Ramna is going to approach the subject of Yuki being transgendered.

Long story short, this was a strong start to what promises to be a very entertaining-and thought-provoking, it seems- story, that I will continue to follow as it develops. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read what happens in the next chapter, whenever you find the time and inspiration to craft it that is. Until next time, stay safe out there, stay awesome, and keep up the amazing work, my friend :D.

- James.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Cool. Splendid.
kawaii.little.neko-girl chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Wow I really loved this chapter and am looking foward to what will happen.
Kisses
A Natsume Yuujinchou lover chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Hi uragaruu, please continue! :D *lost for words, wondering what else to say _*
Monkeys With Typewriters chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I'm... really glad you decided to write this story. I can't believe I didn't think of combining these two stories, and more to the point you did it in a way which makes perfect sense. I can't wait to read more of it: Ranma and Yuki seem like two people who would bounce off of one another in fascinating ways.
akibara chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I like where this is going.

thats soo cool

Yeah yeah I know its a terrible curse but I can han... wait what?
tuatara chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Like Strangers on a Train, only with less murder. Indeed.

Man, I never thought I'd see a cross between these two series. Though perhaps I should have, since one is the most successful gender-bending comic and cartoon anywhere…and the other is just about as compelling an examination of adolescent gender identity issues as you're likely to find.

And so far, so good. I don't have the same identity concerns as Yuki at all, but my reaction to Ranma would have been exactly the same. It *is* so cool, right? I've spent over half my life envying Ranma to no end. To have the chance to experience more of what it means to be human than pretty much anyone else ever? Talk about a singular opportunity. Now, I understand all the reasons why Ranma isn't really capable of looking at it that way, but I envy him all the same.

Anyway. Thank you for sharing this story. I'm enjoying it greatly and I look forward to the rest!

(Vaguely related: You know the story He Said, "I'm a Girl," aka the play they perform in HM where everyone in the world switches genders? Fascinating, right? There's an old series of Ranma fanfics collectively called The Virus where everyone starts changing gender with cold water. That's, like, pretty much my ideal world…at least when it comes to gender issues. *Everyone* would understand, so "male" and "female" would cease to matter nearly so much. Wouldn't that be lovely?)