Reviews for Earth 2point1
wyndhill chapter 13 . 6/15/2013
Loved the original, but I might like this even better! Considering season 2 this summer? :)
LMXB chapter 13 . 1/26/2013
Wow! That was a great story. I really liked your characters and the plot was so good. I really hope you come back with more.
Heather chapter 3 . 12/14/2012
Love it so far! It's so nice to see a new great story on here. I will write more after I finish.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/5/2012
I want more.

Mom
Guest chapter 13 . 10/10/2012
What an amazing and intriguing story! Dead-on characterisations, great dialogues. Plainly spoken: brilliant writing!
Guest chapter 13 . 8/16/2012
I'm not one to review each chapter but wanted you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I have no knowledge of Earth 2 but you have me hooked on your take of the whole story. Look forward to Season 2. Hopefully sooner than later but know if will be well worth the wait.
Phaerre chapter 13 . 8/13/2012
Awesome! I love your take on E2! I hope your muse is up to telling more stories, and thank you for all your hard work! Can't wait for season 2!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Yay! BuggyQ and Earth2! I loved your stories for LotS and am so excited that you are taking a run at E2-a series that had so much potential. Its great to look forward to new adventures in this universe and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Happy writing!
TesubCalle chapter 13 . 7/25/2012
My, my. Bess-the-Original was right. They do make a cute couple. ;-)

Crazy stuff leading up to this epilogue. Valerie getting in Julia's face in VR to try to salvage everything was brilliant. The literal cliffhanger you had most certainly had me on the edge of my seat, and for a fleeting moment, had me convinced that Julia had gone over.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I am very interested to see where you take things from here. There are still so many unanswered questions, such as "is there truly another 'spy' amongst the Eden Project?" and "is Julia's mother safe?" and "will Devon and Danziger admit their feelings for each other?" as well as: "will the Council find them?"

And considering what the show's writers *supposedly* had in store for the second season that never got produced, I'd hazard a guess that what you're going to produce will be 1000x better.

You get a standing ovation and a rousing round of applause for this. You kept me entertained and awed all the way through. Please do not delay in posting 'season two'.
TesubCalle chapter 8 . 7/24/2012
Okay, I just had to stop here and review, because I realised I've been remiss in that regard.

Wow, what more can I say? You just continue to impress. This 'new world' you're essentially re-creating certainly rivals what was on the Show. And I think I prefer what the 'Terriers' do to the Terrians. The empathic method of communicating (and the likely connection to the 'methohex' dose) feels more probable than the dream communication method.

Yep, things just keep getting better and better for Julia and her lame attempts at subterfuge. I like that in spite of her stand-offish attitude, people can't help liking her, anyway. That's a difficult balance to maintain, but I think it helps that as the reader, we can't help but like her, too. Yes, she's infuriating when she won't allow herself to relax, but we somehow understand that there's a complex person beneath all that. Her self-recrimination over Morgan's allergic reaction was just another ill-timed setback. Last thing she needs is a confidence-shaker like that...

Valerie's about-face concerning Julia is an interesting development, as well as that hint of jealousy Julia experienced when she thought Val was flirting with Alonzo.

And even in this re-imaginged Earth2, Danziger still manages to be as stubborn and accident-prone as the original. Thanks for not making Tru as whiny as the other. She's a handful, yes, but at least she doesn't do 'stupid' things anymore.

A final note for about, and it's again to say I'm happy for the moments of levity. I honestly laughed out loud - and kept on laughing - as I read and re-read Valerie's "Holy crap! Aliens are talking in my head" line. The mental image alone of her possibly doing that was another source of mirth.

So, bottom line is that I'm loving this, so thanks for writing it and sharing it.
TesubCalle chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
So I really should be sleeping, but this is so compelling.

Once again, your re-imagining of the events makes me want to shake your hand. We knew O'Neill's death weighed on Julia in the original, but here you really brought forth the utter helplessness of the situation. You're also doing a masterful job of showing how heavily Julia carries the burden of being the only doctor.

There are so many tiny details you've worked into this chapter that I appreciate, because it clearly shows you've given it *A LOT* of thought. And in spite of your warnings that this is a 're-write', I still think you've kept the core personalities intact.

Interesting switch with the Julia-as-a-spy plot. There's clearly no love lost between her and the Council, but now she's somewhat compromised in her knowledge of the Council's presence... How can she discover their motives without causing the rest of the group to panic? I sense problems brewing.

And my, that was quite the diatribe when Julia railed at Morgan for his cowardly act. The hypo-spray was a nice nod to what happened in 'The Enemy Within'.

Last but not least, thanks for the small doses of humor you managed to inject. Keeps things marginally lighter than they would have been.
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
So, you said that 'die-hard' fans may be disappointed, but there's no disappointment what-so-ever with your first chapter. I have nothing but the highest admiration and respect for your re-write of the way these events took place on the Show.

I don't feel like you've pulled out the rug from underneath my feet, nor do I think you've completely twisted characters into unimaginable shapes so as to be completely unrecognizable. I know I'm only at the first chapter so I'm still reserving my final judgment, but so far, it's all golden.

Your OCs are lovely, and you've managed to beautifully flesh out some of the principals - in particular, Devon and Julia - giving the reader a greater understanding of their motivations, fears, doubts...

Very much looking forward to how you're going to handle Julia's Council connections in this story. Back when Earth2 first aired, her role as a spy shook up pretty much everyone paying attention at the time, and I recall feeling almost physically ill when it was revealed that she was shaping up to be a cunning villain. (It was the kind of twist I later decided was necessary to keep alive the notion that the Council cast a very long shadow, and was relieved that Julia's eventual allegiance was with Eden Project.)

Anyway, time-permitting, I'll be reading more of this gem. Thanks for the error-free writing, too. It's an extreme pleasure to read something of this caliber on a fanfiction site; it's great when an author respects the craft and the readers enough to put forth an effort worthy of publication.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/20/2012
OK - I'm one who doesn't have a clue about the original series, but you have me hooked.

Mom
Guest chapter 13 . 7/17/2012
Thank you! That was absolutely awesome. Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/17/2012
This is absolutely stellar. I am so tired of the absolutely generic response to suspected betrayals, it is awesome and refreshing to see a story that approaches things different. Despite not being eager for that other shoe to drop I can at least be content about what has occurred so far.