Reviews for American Flags
W. Stock chapter 1 . 9/5
This is a fairly average, uneventful story, but works as a decent snapshot in the characters' lives. The characters are portrayed reasonably well. I couldn't spot any flat-out anachronisms for 1920.

(The mayor of New Orleans at the time would have been Martin Behrman, a 55-year-old Democrat who had been in office for 15 years at that point. Eli would probably have supported him, and the two would likely have a good relationship when meeting at public/social events like this. He died January 12, 1926.)

(In addition, the flags mentioned would have been the 48-star flag in use from 1912 to 1959.)

(America had no official national anthem in 1920, but Woodrow Wilson had recognized "The Star-Spangled Banner" for official use 4 years earlier.)

I do think it could have been a bit more descriptive, though, but I understand how difficult it is to paint a picture of an era you have never lived through.
minniemouse chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I absolutely love drabbles. So cute and fun!
NicNack4U chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Aww, cute story! Happy 4th of July! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
luckyxlabradoodlexloverx7 here - I LOVED THIS STORY! it was well-written and very good.

Happy 4th of July to you, Punzie the Platypus!
bStormhands chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
That was so cute. They are an adorable couple of friends. Lottie asleep is so darling.