Reviews for Domino Effect
bookchick08 chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Really well written, and an interesting interpretation of Riza's character. I like it.
Mortui-in-bello chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Very good, I like your interpretation of Riza's relationship with Roy in this fic. While I do strongly ship Royai, I love how you described how their relationship, in my eyes anyway, actually functions, and how must Roy does depend on Riza. She cares for Roy, but she doesn't want a relationship for it would throw his goals off track and she doesn't want that to happen, for then he will not succeed. Well done, I hope to read more fics of yours soon.
WanderingTroubadour chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Interesting take on their relationship. Although I personally adhere to the theory that they are desperately in love with each other (and are just unable and somewhat unwilling to act upon it for various reasons), I think that you captured the actual, true essence of their relationship well: they must be professional and focused on the future at all times. Whether or not there are feelings between the two of them is irrelevant, as all that really matters is the future of Amestris and the atonement of their sins. It is for precisely this reason that they do THINGS to my heart.
Overall, a very well-written little fic. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Definitely worth the read. :)
Atropos' Knife chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Though it somewhat reads more like an essay than a story, this is very well-written and, in my opinion, accurately captures the hidden depths of Riza's character as close to Arakawa's depiction as she intended.

As far as canon has hinted, Riza and the things she did or does for Roy -or rather, for the good of Amestris - was never supposed to be romanticized, much less personal. She is aware of the heavy toll that has been paid in exchange for the choices and sacrifices she made - and sadly, it's a toll she will continue to pay for the rest of her life.

As a rarity in a sea of romantic Royai fics, I think your story provides a welcome pragmatic flipside that few FMA writers in the fandom are willing to explore, so kudos for taking that ballsy plunge. That said, I enjoyed reading this a lot and definitely like your alternate view of fanon. Cheers!