Reviews for Harry Potter & Death's Ultimatum
Alena13 chapter 14 . 5/20
loved it! thank you!
Not reading anymore because of the pairing. Ginny didn't make sense in the normal novels and is a horrible pairing for harry
Saissa chapter 14 . 5/1
This was actually a GREAT AU version of the Deathly Hallows and the Final BOH! I really enjoyed it.
DeiStarr chapter 1 . 4/28
Thank you for not using the soulmate gimick. I'm sorry about the rant, but there was no logical reason for Ginny to have felt Harry's pain; the only explanation that really makes sense would be a magical bond of some kind, so you can see where I got the impression that you were going that route.

It was a great story; I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about it if the Harry/Ginny relationship hadn't been quite so heavily featured in it, but that's simply due to personal preference rather than any reflection on the quality of the story.

I'm going to reread the other fics of yours that I really liked so that I can leave you much more enthusiastic praise; since I refuse to leave insincere compliments and I want to make up for the rant I left by telling you what I think of your other fics, since they inspire me to be much more effusive.
DeiStarr chapter 4 . 4/28
...oh god, please tell me you're not doing the whole retarded "Harry and Ginny are soulmates and they have a magical connection" thing. I admit, I really dislike the pairing; but I can overlook my distaste for it if the story's good, like this one has been.

If you do go down the "Hinny soulmates who can feel each other's pain" route, though, I will officially lose all respect for you as a writer. A massive shame, considering the other two stories of yours I've read gave me a great deal of respect for your talent. Unless it's a creature fic or a fic where everyone has soulmates they're connected to after they come of age; or at the very least a fic where it's somehow vital to the plot and sets in under believable circumstances (such as Harry coming of age; in which case Ginny would have been feeling his especially strong emotions ever since his 17th birthday rather than at a random point where it was convenient to insert it on a whim), it's a ridiculous and idiotic plot device that makes no sense whatsoever and serves no purpose; and I feel nothing but scorn for anyone who uses it.
bleme chapter 8 . 4/27
It's a good story so far, but Chapter 8 could be skipped completely with the sentence "Ginny told The Order about everything Harry had been through and what his plans are."
Pat chapter 14 . 4/9
I enjoyed your story enough to re-read it while taking notes!

You're quite right that Hermione and Ron could have sent a Patronus message to Harry - of course, Harry might have sent one to either of them, as well - but if he felt abandoned, he had reason not to *want* to do it. But then, Hermione or Ron could have sent one later on, with their apology - we don't completely know how a Patronus message works, how far the message can travel and how quickly.

It's handy that Privet Drive still had all that food - but clever of you to use Harry's knowledge of cooking, and to use an an already-Death-Eater-ransacked location to hide Harry.

The incident with the Grim is obviously directed towards Harry's disguise as the Reaper, but also, given that Fleur knows about its proper role, displays the backwardness of British wizarding society.

I wonder why Neville recognized the Reaper was Harry (during the train rescue) but the twins missed it earlier - good muggle disguise work by Harry!

Clever of Neville to come up with the idea of using Voldy's name as an ambush-trigger.

Ah, Dumbledore, who should have prepared Harry so much better... arranging for his neglect and near-torture by his aunt, didn't tell him about a prophecy, didn't tell him that there were 2 men (Voldy and Sirius) supposedly wanting to kill him, didn't accelerate his training in any way... at least in your story, Dumbledore's journal gives Harry some of the clues he needs. (I'd love to read a story that has Harry prepared from Day 1 - raised with a wizarding family (or with a wiser Sirius), and trained from childhood to be strong and talented, for his eventual showdown with Voldy.)

I did love how you slowly but surely reduced the Death Eater forces. And the ritual of Death's Ultimatum is well done.

You did a good job of analyzing Ron's insecurities and Hermione's blind obedience to authority, and using them in the story. And I was glad Harry told off Ron and Hermione about him being smart and relying on his own self more, instead of relying on them.

I felt the epilogue was the weakest part of the story - but that's perhaps because I think I would like to imagine my own futures for the characters. At the end of chapter 13, you let many of the characters outline their plans, which might have been a good ending. But, then, the epilogue does outline the changes you foresee for wizarding society, including larger families, no blood supremacy, and a time of peace.

(I still think Hermione could do far better than Ron! But that's just my prejudice.)

Thank you once again for writing. I am hitting a busy period of the year, but I will plan to return to reading others of your stories this summer.

Best wishes,
Pat*
paz chapter 14 . 4/4
Lovely
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 3/31
Ron and Hermione seem almost upset that Harry has found and destroyed the Horcruxes without them. Hermione seems bugged by the fact that he found them so quickly. (Maybe getting rid of two millstones he was dragging around made it easier.) Ron's constant whining about being hungry - as if Harry wasn't also hungry - had to have been really tough. It just showed how unused Ron was to dealing with any kind of hardship. Both of them seemed to think Harry should have known more. But how could he, when Dumbledore continued to play his little guessing games, even when he knew that time was growing short? And he never trained Harry properly ... well, I guess he was properly trained to die. Hermione appears to think that it shouldn't have been possible for Harry to accomplish anything without her superior intellect. In the end, losing those two was a good thing.

I loved your way of removing the last piece of Tom's soul. I'm also glad you brought Cedric along with the others. I think speaking with him and Sirius will provide some closure for Harry. Good job of letting Riddle die by his own curse.
mab70 chapter 14 . 3/27
Lovely story.
Thank you for sharing your work.
Nik1627 chapter 14 . 3/22
Amazing!
nayin17 chapter 14 . 3/20
Harry and Ginny belong together. She stopped crushing over Harry at the end of her third year and giving cards to the boy you like doesn't make you a stalker
Corwyn chapter 14 . 2/24
I *loved* this story. I'm really enjoying your work. Thank you for sharing these stories with us.
Old Gregggg chapter 3 . 2/16
Thanks for the a/n about the pairing, I would have been really upset to get ten chapters into this fic only to discover that Harry was pair with the girl I hate with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Sorry if that sounds overly dramatic but I dislike that stalker fan girl Ginny. I did however like what I read so far, and I thoroughly enjoy many of your other works, but this one is not for me.
I would say shame on them both, but A, such things always happen in wartime, and B, I've heard the age of consent is younger in Great Britain than elsewhere.