Reviews for Just Fred
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 5/5
I like the way you've written him. I never thought about it that way before: that they're all really famous, and that it must be really irritating to be constantly compared to other people all the time.
LunaNotLoony chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
I've never actually come across a fic where the next gen have to live up to their parents, and they can't, even though I think it's the most obvious next gen topic. This was really well-written, I loved it.
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
That was amazing (seriously you must be sick of me i'm sorry lol) you wrote that really well and it was a very realistic and interesting take on their son! I love it!
Auror Ron Alan Weasley chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
it was really good..fred-II sounds like a combo of percy and ron..i liked the story..:)
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Aww, that was so sad! I can see that happening really well- It must be hard to have such a famous family, though pretty cool, too. This was very well written, and a good take on Fred!
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I'm pretty sure this is the first Fred II fic I've read and I love it! It's such an awesome idea to have him resent his last name. I wouldn't blame him at all. I also really like the way he muses on how everyone else in the family seems to have something unique about them while he just has a name to live up to. And of all the Weasleys I think having George as your father would be the most difficult because he's got such a reputation at Hogwarts. Very interesting look at Fred and I really enjoyed reading this. :)
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you for not writing Fred II as an exact replica of either his father or his namesake. (Because, quite frankly, that gets a little tiresome lol.) It's so refreshing to see him being written as his own person. I really enjoyed seeing traits of other Weasleys in him; he really reminded me of young Ron at first because he was always being overshadowed.

I've seen this living-in-our-parents'-shadows concept explored with more “common” next-gen characters (especially Hugo, for some reason,) but it was wonderful to see this idea used with Fred. He's not the first character you'd assume would be affected by the Weasley fame so I loved how you went so in-depth with this. While it was definitely angsty, it was actually a rather fascinating character study.

On a side note, I loved how Louis had apparently inherited Bill's “I don't give a damn” attitude. I adore Bill so this made my fangirl heart extremely happy. :)

All in all, a lovely piece! Great work, and thanks for sharing! :)
TheTwoDL chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
I really liked this. I've read many fics on the next generation, but this one was certainly original. What was interesting was that Fred sort of felt left out and sort of - for a lack of a better word- unwanted. Maybe he got the 'nerdy' impression from Percy?

Anyway, your SPaG was all in check. And Fred's emotion are very believable.
christywitha CH chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I did like this, just because I've never necessarily thought through that generation's thoughts on their parents and aunts and uncles. It gave me a sort of insight on what it would be like. I also liked that you incorporated Louis into it, and put in that he didn't mind the attention the way Fred did. It shows different personalities, and sort of spotlights Fred's.

If this were my story, I would have included what HE maybe wanted to do with his life instead of him just reminiscing in the fact that he's so "boring" or such a let down to his parents. As for grammar, I only spotted one or two minor mistakes, so that wasn't a real problem.

Very good, original oneshot. I think it's fair to say I enjoyed it.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
This was very interesting and I think you conveyed the insecurity that can come with having famous parents. I feel for Fred and I think that is a good indication that this was well written. I didn't see any grammar or spelling issues so that's always a good thing

Good Job
RaucousLaughter chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Oh, this was so lovely! Fred's thoughts are so like Ron's were in the early days...his fears of being overshadowed and not really knowing where to fit in! As the family expands that must be even more difficult. I hope he finds his way. I'm sure he will!
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Wow, the few Next Gen I read, people make Fred an exact copy of George, but I loved your Fred, angsty is a great way to go! His thoughts of actually disliking that his parents made a good life than the ones they had was sad. But understandable, living to the fame that your family has put makes it tuff for a person and you simply did wonderful on this. Fred sounded real and I loved that instead of being funny and into Quidditch he has this love for Potions :D kind of reminded me of Snape xD Anyway, great job! I really enjoyed this!

Much love!

digigirl02 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I liked it and see Fred like that as well.