Reviews for Coach Granger
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 5/12
the summary lies when it says this isnt a harmony ship (even if things dont quite end up that way), but its an excellent fic regardless
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 5/12
its fitting that you mention neitzche, as harry confronts the abyss
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 5/12
interesting development of the love triangle, and on dealing with the malfoys
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 5/12
nice job on the nemisis plan to keep things interesting and funny, without compromising the drama of the main conflict
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 5/12
i think that you should probably aim for the middle ground, covering everything comprehensivly without retreading existing points
Eldersprig chapter 4 . 5/1
"Powerful wizards control others unconsciously or consciously?" explains a lot.
gaharbert chapter 5 . 2/9
dang good keep it up.
Rexnos chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
This story is years old at this point, but I felt the need to comment after reading the author's note. While this story is more fleshed out than several of yours I've read, it's still lacking greatly in imagery and action sequences in general. Your characters and plot certainly have direction and import, but there aren't any explosions, pretty pictures, or even much physical interaction between characters. In essence, you tell us about events without really showing us them.

A solid example at the very end of this chapter was the scene with Snape throwing an acidic potion at Harry. You told us this all occurred, but did not show us exactly what happened. In this manner we miss out on Hermione's emotional reaction to the event in progress, or Harry's first person account of the attack. You could also have shown us a more visceral version of events. Did Harry's flesh melt? Did Snape laugh at his success? Was Harry overconfident going into the duel?

That said, I like your ideas a great deal. I notice you trend more towards a darker sort of wizarding world, but you're hardly the first author to do so. It makes your characters, particularly the adults and authority figures, seem very unrealistic at times, but watching Harry and Hermione be forced to deal with their willful, criminal negligence is quite interesting.

Later,
Rex
VerySleepy chapter 5 . 5/31/2014
Well done.

I found a few things odd - I'm mentioning them just to give feedback, not to claim that they kept me from enjoying the story,:

I found the H-Hr relationship development more than a bit weird - both are clearly sufficiently romantically interested in the other that the lack of a real push on the part of either to accept that and consider a permanent relationship is strange to me.

I found Harry's lack of any sort of extended mourning for Luna weird, too, as well as the fact that she seems fairly non-present as a character given that Harry apparently was willing at one point to pick her. I also found his acceptance of a fairly casual punishment for her killers out of character given the rest of his behavior.

Overall, a good read - good enough that I stayed up late trying to finish it, which is pretty rare for me. Would definitely read an edited & extended version of the story.
Kai chapter 3 . 1/13/2014
Okay, the sex is a great relief and he DID eliminate a few very dangerous people.

But yet, everyone but a very few are against him and they don't let him breathe and they demand and demand and punish him for just wanting a little life of his own. I cannot understand how any person can overcome so much hostility not only at school but also in the general populace. Harry has almost only enemies.

The only solution I would see for me would be fiendfyre in the great hall at breakfast and a reductor into my head. To hell with everyone.

You're just too cruel.
Lord of All chapter 5 . 1/3/2014
Re-read the story for 10-12 time. Love it.

Also read the note at the bottom where you have mentioned a possible sequel. I would really love to read that. Harry has killed the death eaters and Voldemort and Harry is almost dead but as Hermione mentions multiple times in the story the entire wizarding world is corrupt and incompetent. Would love to see Astoria become the minister with Harry And Hermione's help and clean up the wizarding world and drag it into the 21st Century.
Dakaath chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Interesting enough story.
One error I saw.
You had Harry Disillusion himself to attack Malfoy in the hallway, but you had Hermione set about teaching him it later.
Liked that you had Snape incorporate a potion in his fighting style. Seems realistic considering his specialty with them.
Osmodious chapter 5 . 8/1/2013
Very interesting story...fun but not campy. Thanks for posting!
SL chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
I wish there were a sequel on how they take on the corrupt establishment!
Random number generator chapter 3 . 6/17/2013
Hermione's father is great.