Reviews for A Twisting Heart And Mind
VampireMafiaQueen chapter 23 . 8/29
I hope you update soon I miss this story !
kellyn1604 chapter 1 . 8/16
Reading for the third time. I am so obsessed with this story. I think my husband might take away my internet. Lol.
LadyShizuka chapter 23 . 8/7
Moooreee! Your killing me, I want to know what happens.
Keep going, please! :)
PlutoIsStillHere chapter 23 . 8/2
I've simply been spoiled by your writing. You are so well written and imaginative, and my god this story is already at a half millions words - but dang it, I want more.

Every few days I log on to see if you've updated.
kellyn1604 chapter 23 . 7/30
For those anonymous people claiming this story is plagiarized, you are so far off. Some of the themes are the same but I have read dozens of Labyrinth fabrics and they all have extremely common themes. A royal hierarchy with elaborate rules, dominant/submissive roles, physical punishment, royal functions serving as a test, etc. They have all been used multiple times. As for whipping boys...it's a fairly common term. I even read a book assigned by school in elementary school called, "The Whipping Boy". You bring it up like it was a major plot point here but it wasn't. It was mentioned once whereas it was extremely important through the other work.

I have read the other story you claim has been copied and this story has similar themes, but what this author does is actually much more than the other achieved. This story has characters with depth and growth. The other characters did not grow and even regressed if anything.

Using similar themes is not plagiarism. Otherwise every author ever would be guilty. This story is original in what it accomplishes with those themes. The characters and world created, the mythology interwoven in the story, rich backgrounds, are all very original and uniquely combined here.

I for one can't wait to see what happens next.
Kellyn1604 chapter 23 . 7/27
Holy crap! I love this story. I left a review on another site but I felt the need to leave another here just because I need (yes, need) an update. I have to know what happens. I am reading this story for the second time and I just cannot live without knowing what happens...ok, I could live, but who would want to? Please continue this story and update it often. It's too good to leave unfinished. If I need to leave more desperate reviews to keep your muse happy, I will happily do so.
jarethstwilighteyes chapter 23 . 7/25
Pleeeeease tell me the wedding is next!
LadyShizuka chapter 23 . 7/17
Very well written, I'm interested to see where else you go with this story. Please keep writing, I am very into reading this and it would suck if you stopped now. I'm very intrigued, keep up with the good work. :)
alegriavida chapter 23 . 7/10
I just want to say that this is my new favorite fic. The world you've built is amazing. And I keep just getting so frustrated with both Jareth and Sarah in turn.
crimsoneyes419 chapter 1 . 6/30
I find myself reading the entire thing before reviewing but anyways here it is. I truly love everything about this fic. I dont really enjoy reading fics with OCs because they seem so cheesy but I very much enjoyed the ones you've produced. They are a joy to read each with their unique personality. I must say though I cant helped but feel a little peeved with Sarahs character. Everything else about her is great but her cursing places her in a OOC level compared to the Sarah in the film. I like her backbone towards Jareth but I just dont see her cursing up a storm because of how she is introduced in the film. Seems that Jareth isnt the only one to NOT taking a liking of her Potty Mouth. Thats the only thing that throws me off, other than that this is an addicting fic. One I found myself reading every chance I got. I await the next chapter! Great work!
AHecticGlow chapter 23 . 6/24
I actually really like this chapter! Such a good job! _ I love the possible explanation of Jareth's ancestry and a piece of his past. I love mythology (especially Greek) and found the way in which you tied it into the story very interesting. I'm also really excited at the possibility of see how you imagine the environments you describe.

Also, congratulations on graduating college. I'm just heading into my last year and can't wait for it to be over. xD
kitcatscratch chapter 23 . 6/22
I try to leave a review if I read a story that I have enjoyed because I feel that I didn't put the work into writing it, I should at least leave a little thanks that someone took the time to create and entertain and bring a nice escape from reality. So I feel guilty that I don't think I've ever left a review for this story! I hope to make up for it now. I've been impressed since the beginning with the amount of detail and thought put into this story. I've been given hints here and there of some really insightfulness from both Jareth and Sarah but it wasn't until this chapter that all those pieces and parts really pulled together for me and suddenly, I saw that you had truly taken some great effort to set this all up from the beginning. Which meant of course that I had to start re-reading from the beginning and REALLY appreciate the groundwork that you laid. So in retrospect, I must point out the bits and pieces that really made me think. First, it was Jareth's initial refusal to "swoon" Sarah. Too often we all have that fantasy prince who comes to take us away and cater to us and coddle us. He could do it but it wouldn't have been real. It wouldn't have been him. He wanted something real and in a world of magic and illusion, that was such an insight into him and who he is. We all say we want someone to accept us just as we are but here, you see that your "fantasy prince" also wants the same thing. Kudos on that. Second, I initially felt like Sarah was spinning her wheels so to speak with constantly antagonizing Jareth and fighting him. Then as I re-read it REALLY hit me what you had been trying to show all along in your writing (much like Sarah, I was being very hardheaded). She just turned 18. She was taken from everything and isolated. Yes, Jareth was very passive aggressive which Sarah recognized as a sign of an abusive relationship and yet I didn't fully grasp it until she stated at one point to herself that she both hated him and loved him because he was all that she had now. You don't really get how much that leaves you unbalanced until you've been separated from everyone and everything you know. And now, well, I get it. Not only that but the actual time that has passed is so very short. Easy to forget because so much has happened that you THINK a lot of time has passed but it's barely been a month! Lastly, this chapter especially was excellent. To see Jareth's father. To know the bastard that he was. You can see that Jareth has the potential to become his father (much as his father probably became HIS father). Bastard though he was, I feel that Jareth's father did only one good thing. He made Jareth work to earn the Labyrinth. He did it in a bastardy way but I think he saw that he had to break that cycle because deep down, like Jareth, he has a deep sense of responsibility to care for his kingdom. And the way he treated Jareth's mother. You can see the echoes of Jareth's initial interactions with Sarah in it. You see what they could have if it had continued (a relationship where affections were withheld and used as a weapon until his own mother, and similarly Sarah, had lost a sense of herself). In this, you start to see what Liana is trying to do, especially after this final confrontation with Jareth. What she is trying to do is quite contrary to what we initially thought and yes, indeed, she is playing the ultimate game that not even Jareth is aware of because he is so focused on owning the Labyrinth and Sarah that he didn't realize Liana is working him through a different angle. Now, the one thing that does make me wonder still is how Davion fits into this, Roldan (and perhaps even Aurelia) will play a part, and don't get me started on Mariella. Thank God the Goblin King at least has his wits about him regarding her. And I find myself eagerly anticipating the kind of Queen Sarah will become because she DOES have potential and she was right in stating that Jareth makes a good teacher. He has keen intuition and insight. Together they would be quite formidable.
mermaidmiranda chapter 23 . 6/18
that ending was so cute and so freaking hot at the same time! oh my god this is why I don't have a boyfriend! because your beautifully written chapters give me really weird standards! keep going im so obsessed!
A chapter 15 . 6/15
I really enjoy reading this I find it really addictive. However, I am a bit peeved that he walks all over her. I would like for her to have some power over him. I hope she doesn't forgive him quickly for the abuse he just put her through. For gods sake he was shoving her into walls and pushing her into doors. It isn't healthy if she starts to become desensitized to that violence. I hope she maintains her fire and is able to change his less than good qualities.
U practically stole all ur 'original ideas' u know u did! Just because some stories are no longer on this site u think u can claim them as ur own? No.