Reviews for A Twisting Heart And Mind
IamFrancesHa chapter 27 . 3/8
Oh goodness!
This was the second ever Labyrinth ff I ever read (after ODABT) back in 2015- I knew ff existed, but had never really given it much thought...
I’ve just re-read the whole lot start to finish (it’s taken about 3 weeks and A LOT of late nights).
I love this story SO much, I’m so invested in it I want to know what happened between Jareth and Davison when they were kids, I want to know more about Mariella, and I want to see Sarah get a win, I want to see her kick some serious ass and stamp out anyone who this they can take her for granted.
Liana is a great character (not necessarily good, but a marvellous creation).
You write Jareth so beautifully. He’s flawed and real, but redeemable, he’s witty but cruel, kind but sarcastic.
This is one of the best things I’ve ever read, and I re-read it just to check. I hope you come back to it, because I’d love to know how it ends! Xx
pinki-tinki chapter 12 . 1/13
Having Sarah back ar "school" is sooo funny, amazing, how you handle to write this chapter, it was SO MUCH FUN! Thank you for every word!
pinki-tinki chapter 8 . 1/12
God, I AM SO IN LOVE WITH YOUR STORY! And soooo many chapters left, yeees! Thank you so much! I hated the King so much here, but in the end, he is quite charming, uuuuh!
pinki-tinki chapter 4 . 1/11
Thank you sooo much for the first chapters, I am in LOVE with your story, thank you thank you thank you!
Kellyn1604 chapter 1 . 1/1
This is still my most favorite story I have ever read. Including Harry Potter. I started writing my own fics last year (no where near this level of writing) and I have no idea how you do it. Your story is layered and detailed, the emotions feel real, all of your characters have dimensions... I loved this story before, but I didn’t have enough appreciation for your talent, because I didn’t have any experience of my own. I think most readers just take the writing process for granted. You are amazing, and I hope 2018 finds you well. Ever your fangirl-xoxo
bowiesgirl chapter 27 . 11/14/2017
I've been reading this fic since 2013, checking religiously for updates. I remember the day you last updated, and excitedly reading the chapter, prioritizing it over the rest of my day's requirements. It's hard to believe that it's been a year and a half since then. I hope you're doing well, and I look forward to seeing more in this story and more from you as a writer.
XShadowCatX chapter 27 . 10/17/2017
I started this story after reading Of Dreams and Broken Things, just KNOWING it was going to be brilliant. And that I was going to need to call out of work for a week. You are such an amazing writer. Truly amazing. You had me depressed, cringing from the angst and laughing, all in one chapter. I think your portrayal of Jareth and Sarah was so layered and real, I could feel myself sympathizing with their feelings. While I feel almost unfulfilled with the ending, I love it all the same. Like you said, the classic "fairytale" endings just don't always happen. I think this story was a masterpiece and I hope you have the time to write more of them in the future.

Also, while right in the middle of reading this, I listened to the song "Skullcrusher mountain" by Jonathan Coulton and found my self laughing at the parallels. You should check it out.
Sansa chapter 27 . 9/4/2017
Also I hope everything is well with you!
Sansa chapter 27 . 9/4/2017
This is so brill, I wish you'd continue! I have hope because this is clearly a multi year endeavour...
Kellyn1604 chapter 1 . 7/27/2017
I miss this story with all of my heart. I hope you come back and continue it. Or at least pm me the synopsis. Lol. I can't live without knowing what happens. The amount of time I spend still thinking about this story is ridiculous. I love it. You are an amazing and gifted writer. The world you have built is incredible. The details you have woven into this story give me chills every time I catch something new. This is will always be my favorite story.
Joby20 chapter 27 . 7/12/2017
This story has had my every thought, day and night, for the past week. Please - PLEASE - say you'll be carrying it on
PixiedustWishes chapter 27 . 6/3/2017
I'm so invested in your story! I hope you finish it. I love your plot and how it all flows nicely.
Eggynn chapter 1 . 6/2/2017
Alright. So.

Where to start.

The last few days have been a bit of a blur for me - I think I started this two... three days ago? 687k words is a hefty amount to read in whatever amount of time I managed to read them. Days of only three hours of sleep which I can feel mostly justified in blaming you for this. Mostly. I keep reminding myself that I'm an adult, capable of telling myself no, but...

Admittedly, the first few chapters were pretty hard for me to get through - you're a very detailed writer, and it's not a bad thing. I think it was likely a mix of sleep deprivation and being accustomed to reading fanfictions with a lot of minimal detail. It almost threw me out of reading the story all together, but I decided to push on because of how vivid you were able to paint pictures for me.

AND HERE WE ARE. I have to say, you've done such an amazing job of building this Labyrinth world and making it your own. I really enjoy stories where it reads like an original piece. All of your original characters are so fleshed out and feel so natural in the setting. I love Liana - I love trying to guess what her motives are and I love the imagery of power she exudes.

I realize you haven't updated in awhile, and that's fine (trust me, there are plenty things I don't update anywhere close to regularly), but I wanted you to know that I'm quite looking forward to the future of A Twisting Heart and Mind. You've already supplied us with a massive amount of story, and I can tell each chapter is well thought out and arduously written. I can't imagine it's something you can just snap your fingers and update.

I would feel ...wrong if I didn't address some of the darker themes you've presented here. Rape, dubious consent, abuse... Quite the heavy load. I have a few guilty vices, I admit. I was a bit caught off guard at how disturbing you made Jareth's actions. I think you may have singlehandedly thrown me off of my kink (which isn't necessarily a bad thing.) I was continuously worried for Sarah forgiving him too easily, but you made it apparent that that would not the case. I found myself, at times, rooting on Sarah's angry outbursts, Liana fueled or no. But things evolved - Jareth, though stubborn, is doing his best to understand Sarah and bend where he feels its possible to bend. Sarah, though also stubborn, understands what Jareth is, how he was raised, but doesn't let that excuse his actions and expects better from him. She wants him to grow past that, and even more she wants to HELP him do that. It's an incredible dynamic.

Thank you for writing what you have of this, I hope whatever you're doing now is bringing you as much emotion and entertainment as reading this story has brought me so far!
Nameless Panda chapter 27 . 5/24/2017
Never have I read a fanfiction I had to put down for a while because it made me upset and ending up reading it for over a month just to catch up. Needless to say your writing is absolutely perfect! I love it and will be really looking forward to the next update :)
Guest chapter 3 . 5/19/2017
I find this story difficult to read. You present Sarah as smart and well-educated, sophisticated even, but her internal dialogue makes her sound crude and off putting. Fuck, shit, holy fucking hell, fuck me, and so on and so forth. Why can't she express her emotions without sounding like an inmate who spent 20 years in prison? That's completely unnecessary.