Reviews for A Twisting Heart And Mind
crimsoneyes419 chapter 1 . 6/30
I find myself reading the entire thing before reviewing but anyways here it is. I truly love everything about this fic. I dont really enjoy reading fics with OCs because they seem so cheesy but I very much enjoyed the ones you've produced. They are a joy to read each with their unique personality. I must say though I cant helped but feel a little peeved with Sarahs character. Everything else about her is great but her cursing places her in a OOC level compared to the Sarah in the film. I like her backbone towards Jareth but I just dont see her cursing up a storm because of how she is introduced in the film. Seems that Jareth isnt the only one to NOT taking a liking of her Potty Mouth. Thats the only thing that throws me off, other than that this is an addicting fic. One I found myself reading every chance I got. I await the next chapter! Great work!
AHecticGlow chapter 23 . 6/24
I actually really like this chapter! Such a good job! _ I love the possible explanation of Jareth's ancestry and a piece of his past. I love mythology (especially Greek) and found the way in which you tied it into the story very interesting. I'm also really excited at the possibility of see how you imagine the environments you describe.

Also, congratulations on graduating college. I'm just heading into my last year and can't wait for it to be over. xD
kitcatscratch chapter 23 . 6/22
I try to leave a review if I read a story that I have enjoyed because I feel that I didn't put the work into writing it, I should at least leave a little thanks that someone took the time to create and entertain and bring a nice escape from reality. So I feel guilty that I don't think I've ever left a review for this story! I hope to make up for it now. I've been impressed since the beginning with the amount of detail and thought put into this story. I've been given hints here and there of some really insightfulness from both Jareth and Sarah but it wasn't until this chapter that all those pieces and parts really pulled together for me and suddenly, I saw that you had truly taken some great effort to set this all up from the beginning. Which meant of course that I had to start re-reading from the beginning and REALLY appreciate the groundwork that you laid. So in retrospect, I must point out the bits and pieces that really made me think. First, it was Jareth's initial refusal to "swoon" Sarah. Too often we all have that fantasy prince who comes to take us away and cater to us and coddle us. He could do it but it wouldn't have been real. It wouldn't have been him. He wanted something real and in a world of magic and illusion, that was such an insight into him and who he is. We all say we want someone to accept us just as we are but here, you see that your "fantasy prince" also wants the same thing. Kudos on that. Second, I initially felt like Sarah was spinning her wheels so to speak with constantly antagonizing Jareth and fighting him. Then as I re-read it REALLY hit me what you had been trying to show all along in your writing (much like Sarah, I was being very hardheaded). She just turned 18. She was taken from everything and isolated. Yes, Jareth was very passive aggressive which Sarah recognized as a sign of an abusive relationship and yet I didn't fully grasp it until she stated at one point to herself that she both hated him and loved him because he was all that she had now. You don't really get how much that leaves you unbalanced until you've been separated from everyone and everything you know. And now, well, I get it. Not only that but the actual time that has passed is so very short. Easy to forget because so much has happened that you THINK a lot of time has passed but it's barely been a month! Lastly, this chapter especially was excellent. To see Jareth's father. To know the bastard that he was. You can see that Jareth has the potential to become his father (much as his father probably became HIS father). Bastard though he was, I feel that Jareth's father did only one good thing. He made Jareth work to earn the Labyrinth. He did it in a bastardy way but I think he saw that he had to break that cycle because deep down, like Jareth, he has a deep sense of responsibility to care for his kingdom. And the way he treated Jareth's mother. You can see the echoes of Jareth's initial interactions with Sarah in it. You see what they could have if it had continued (a relationship where affections were withheld and used as a weapon until his own mother, and similarly Sarah, had lost a sense of herself). In this, you start to see what Liana is trying to do, especially after this final confrontation with Jareth. What she is trying to do is quite contrary to what we initially thought and yes, indeed, she is playing the ultimate game that not even Jareth is aware of because he is so focused on owning the Labyrinth and Sarah that he didn't realize Liana is working him through a different angle. Now, the one thing that does make me wonder still is how Davion fits into this, Roldan (and perhaps even Aurelia) will play a part, and don't get me started on Mariella. Thank God the Goblin King at least has his wits about him regarding her. And I find myself eagerly anticipating the kind of Queen Sarah will become because she DOES have potential and she was right in stating that Jareth makes a good teacher. He has keen intuition and insight. Together they would be quite formidable.
mermaidmiranda chapter 23 . 6/18
that ending was so cute and so freaking hot at the same time! oh my god this is why I don't have a boyfriend! because your beautifully written chapters give me really weird standards! keep going im so obsessed!
A chapter 15 . 6/15
I really enjoy reading this I find it really addictive. However, I am a bit peeved that he walks all over her. I would like for her to have some power over him. I hope she doesn't forgive him quickly for the abuse he just put her through. For gods sake he was shoving her into walls and pushing her into doors. It isn't healthy if she starts to become desensitized to that violence. I hope she maintains her fire and is able to change his less than good qualities.
U practically stole all ur 'original ideas' u know u did! Just because some stories are no longer on this site u think u can claim them as ur own? No.
comical freaka chapter 23 . 6/11
( stands up and applaud s) bravo! Freaking bravo! What an update! You served us the whole damn lemon pie and a glass of smut lemonade. Your style is incredibly well written. I look forward to more!
This story may be different in the details, but almost all ur themes are taken straight from Just As I Can Be So Cruel by Chemical love before she took it down. The ideas behind fae society, the reasons for them acting the way they do. Even ur oc characters are mirrored paradoxes to hers. This borders on plagiarism and its sad anyone thinks ur so original for it. And FYI. 'Whipping boy' was straight out of that story too. I bet u never even heard of one before. Hack
morgorilla chapter 23 . 6/7
Yeeeeessssss. You don't know how excited I was that you updated this story. Seriously. I think it's quite possibly my favorite Labyrinth fic I've read. Really a great chapter, I love how Jareth and Sarah interacted throughout this conflict! They were both very in character while Sarah was noticeably different without Liana's influence but not TOO changed. She's always gotta be a little defiant and fiery, haha. Can't wait to read more! And good luck with the job hunt!
WhiteInfinity21 chapter 23 . 6/7
wow! Absolutely wonderful! But Sarah's reaction when she finds out that both Jareth and Liana have been duping her is not going to be pretty.
Bassalonie chapter 21 . 6/7
No, actually Mariella's right. To play devil's advocate is to bring up all the opposing viewpoints in a situation, so that a balanced picture may be maintained. It comes from the Roman Catholic canonization process, where any possible objection to the candidate's being made a saint is brought out and put into the trial scene...representing for the devil, as it were. All aspects of the candidate's life must be examined, especially the bad or problematic ones, and a judge called the devil's advocate is appointed to bring these out. The phrase has since passed into common usage, with few people being aware of its real meaning.
Labyrinth Addict chapter 23 . 6/7
I really like this story I can't wait for an update.
Kilikina12 chapter 23 . 6/7
I was so excited to see you had updated! Once again another amazing chapter! I love Sarah in this story. I think so many Sarah's in other stories are too whiny or only think of themselves but she is so different in this one. She had her moments (understandably) but she's showing maturity and tries to understand things from another's perspective which makes her extremely likable in my opinion. Congratulations on finishing school, I know how awesome that feels! I hope with this extra free time we'll get an update soon :)
Jetredgirl chapter 23 . 6/6
Yay! I was so excited to see and update notification in my email! Dun dun dun! The plot thickens! Awesome! So it seems we have a similar writing schedule because we always seem to update within a week or so of each other haha. Must be a Bowie fan thing ;)
HachimansKitsune chapter 23 . 6/6
*rotfl* oh my! The last line cracked me UP! Loved this chapter. YAY FOR SMUT! :)