Reviews for A Twisting Heart And Mind
Kellyn1604 chapter 25 . 10/2
Ok, so I have been trying to figure out why I like the Aurelia story line for a long time. I usually do not like Jareth having a first wife. I tend to be super jealous in nature and don't like the idea of having to share Jareth...or Sarah having to share Jareth.

The reason I like it so much is because it reminds of Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. I loved that novel. The seemingly perfect late wife. The young bride mistaking her husband's indifference for pain. The husband being mercurial and hard to read. Even Roldan playing the Danvers, keeping the perfect memory of the late Mrs. Goblin King alive, comparing Sarah to her, and finding her lacking. I love it. I loved that story a lot more when I was in my teens. Now that I am early thirties, I just want to smack her, tell her to grow some balls, and put Danvers in her place. I have no such qualms with Sarah. Sarah is young...very young and going through some major changes and yet, she still stands up for herself. Impressive. Now, I am in no way implying that you stole this idea or are copying it. It's similar but very very different. Unless, Aurelia turns out to be a stone cold bitch and Jareth actually killed. (Spoiler alert...too late?) I am very interested in seeing where the back story goes. I hope we learn so much more and actually get to see some memories of Aurelia. My only problem is that I want tons of details, but I also want to know how this story ends like yesterday. The more details...the longer it will take to find out what happens. I guess I will live. I'll take the details.

Also, I want to know if Jareth saw the discussion between Marie and Sarah about him not deserving her love. He seemed to quote from that discussion. It would make sense that he had a desperate need to "smell" her emotions after listening in to that conversation. This is why you shouldn't spy or read other people's diaries. You may hear things you don't want to know. I want to hear Jareth explain the implications of sharing pheromones to Sarah. Poor sweet ignorant Sarah. She really to needs to have "the talk" with Marie, because it seems there is a lot about Fae relations that could be pertinent to Sarah.

I cannot wait for the wedding practice and the wedding. I hope you do a drawing of the wedding dress. I enjoyed the one of the engagement party dress. I would not have been able to visualize it as pretty as it actually was. I am a t-shirt and jeans taste or style or fashion sense here. It's probably good I have all boys.
Hula chapter 24 . 9/30
Yes! We are waiting so do not make us wait too long :P However, thank you for this chapter it was pretty short wait (though they cant be coming fast enough :D ) I like how this is not the case of "magic penis" where despite some bad relationship dynamics (mainly from the past) great sex solves everything, i like how sarah forgiven but not forgotten. Keep posting, its great!
Tenjp chapter 25 . 9/29
So it took me 3 days but I just read the whole story up to this point. Excellent job. I am happy that Sarah is finally getting ahold of herself and I am glad that Jareth is finally getting beyond himself. I like the twist you presented with Liana...many prior chapters left people with a different aspect of the puzzle of motivation but this last glimpse, when Jareth was an owl, gives me hope that ultimilty Liana isn't looking for destruction. I am hoping the end game is the restored captial and although Jareth is the head, Sarah shares in some of the power with the labryth. Maybe the reason why one man hasn't been able to hold it was becasue it wasn't designed for just one person. It would make sense, living in such a fluid magical world with such a strong connection to nature and life that women would need to be involved as well. I think you have lots more to share with the origon of the labrynth herself and I look forward to learning.
kellyn1604 chapter 4 . 9/29
So, if you haven't read the whole story don't read my posts.

I'm still working on the assumption that Jareth lacked the emotional capability to take on the Labyrinth's power. At first, I thought it was just the capacity to love. But after meeting his father, I am thinking he had no emotional capabilities at all. There was no spectrum of emotion for him. His father doesn't seem like the type to be able to love but I bet he could have murdered his own dad. And Liana said that her legacy was the wrath of kings (or something Iike that). So, when his dad told him he didn't have it in him, he didn't have anything in him. Now we have seen him in a passionate rage that impressed Liana in the woods and we have seen him desperate to show Sarah how he feels. How is he actually going to get the power? I don't know. I am leaning towards some sort of self sacrifice that threatens Sarah's meager trust of him and Sarah having to find a way back. Mostly because that mirrors Eros and Psyche a little. I just don't have enough info for that kind of guessing yet. :)

Also, have discussed the fact that Sarah is mortal and Jareth could live forever? How exactly are they going to slow her aging down? Did I miss that info? Will it be part of the wedding ceremony? I would assume he's want to do something about that.

Mostly, I am commenting again so you have 350 comments. The 349 is killing me. Yeah, I am weird.
kitcatscratch chapter 25 . 9/24
I just wanted to say thank you for this story and this update. When I first read it, I remember thinking that Sarah needed to move forward as the story seemed to stall (which is understandable when reading single chapters spread apart). But when I re-read the whole story, I realize how well it all flows together. You have given a lot of thought to structure, plot, character development, and pacing. Now I am grateful that you didn't "move Sarah forward" any faster. Because when taking the story in as a whole, you realize she's still very young (a teenager still) and Jareth is much older (in many ways) and the time that has passed is quite short. Sarah has been traumatized, abused, left without familiar supports, and overall, she's handled it extremely well. But more interesting is that we're focused so much on Sarah's evolution that it takes a moment to realize how much Jareth has changed from the beginning. And Roldan. I would trust that Sarah and Jareth will find a bond strong enough that Roldan would not be a factor. There's so much I want to comment on but that would take pages! I also loved the little banter between Jareth and Sarah. It was quite funny and light.
comical freaka chapter 25 . 9/23
Your spoiling us with another update so soon! Yes!I knew roland had the hots for her..but damn what an update! Now the wedding approaches.. haha cold feet. I look forward to more of this splendid tale!
mermaidmiranda chapter 25 . 9/22
Im so in love with this story I actually charged my credit card for more data so I could read this chapter at work #worthit
Aleta Wolff chapter 25 . 9/22
Aham...a gente acredita! kkkkk
Grymmarie chapter 25 . 9/22
Hot damn that was amazingly sexy! I have to go reread it now!
Kayleigh J chapter 25 . 9/22
WEDDING! I have a feeling the next few chapters are going to be FUN. Trouble and fun.
Yay! Another chapter, beautiful and made my day. So thank you:) so so much
Wynni chapter 25 . 9/21
but the sexy times were my favorite part.

Poor Roldan, am i sensing an attraction between him and Marie? an' what about the odd spell Sarah had last chapter?
crimsoneyes419 chapter 25 . 9/21
I wanted to think that Roldan might like her in the previous chapters and for some reason the thought of that delighted me. And when he confessed "fine you caught me at a gander" i started giggling.
Anon chapter 25 . 9/21
Hi! I've been following this story for a while now and just wanted to let you know I completely adore it. Very rarely do I find such detailed fan fiction filled with so much plot and just enough smut ;) please continue, the way you write Jareths personality gives me goosebumps!
This is also the longest series I've found, which is absolutely amazing. Really, don't stop, this story is a drug.
The Forgotten Rose chapter 25 . 9/21
So excited for new chapter! This is a great story, can't wait for next chapter