Reviews for The Crown Prince
SockMage chapter 12 . 6/29
I honestly can’t wait to read what happens with this version of Zuko. I love all the character interactions and motivations. It’s been really interesting so far :)
Please continue the story it is one of the best zuko fanfiction i have read.
Nariel Helyanwe chapter 12 . 5/18
This was such a pleasant read! Loved all the politics, Zuko's interactions with everyone are so on point and relatable and the moments where Zuko just flounders are too adorable. Poor kid barely gets a break. I'm really glad to see the last interaction between Zuko and Azulon, Azulon really does care :') damn Azula for warping the whole thing up urggh but at least Zuko's warming up to his grandfather. I'm kinda looking forward to when Zuko slips/blows up about Azula though. One way or another, I can't help but think that Azulon's response is going to be glorious.

Although did Zuko almost just snuff out the fire sages' flames? Talk about extreme willpower. Or terror. And also did Zuko unintentionally not want to snatch his grandfather's inner flame cause he cares or is Azulon just that OP to coax Zuko whilst his inner flame was being sucked away? Either way huray for Azulon grounding Zuko and Zuko himself for sparking his inner fire again.

Thanks for sharing and I'm really looking forward to future chapters!
MayaTL chapter 12 . 5/16
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant story. Nothing I can recall has kept me captivated quite like this, and I couldn't be more thrilled for the following chapter. I pray to Agni and beg of you not to abandon this glorious piece of writing.
Beautifully enticing read. One of the best I've ever known.
Jcook1996 chapter 1 . 5/12
hurry up and tucking update...

...your account bio. that way we can know more about you.
YellowWheatCorn chapter 12 . 4/30
Oh, geez! This was so great and I had a lot of fun reading it! Zuko’s narration was perfect and I really love that you didn’t just make the Firelord a straight up evil dude. He obviously cares about his family and shit and I think that’s great. I hope Zuko comes to realize that Azula was lying eventually. I really don’t want him to do anything stupid because he thinks his Grandfather doesn’t actually care for him.

That last scene where he lost his inner fire was super upsetting, the poor thing.
Luna Eevee chapter 12 . 4/22
I really like your story! I can't wait until the next chapter.!
KanameTwilight chapter 12 . 4/12
When will we get to see Prince Iroh again?
Ylterces A chapter 12 . 4/8
I love your story so far! The way you portray Zuko is amazing. Please update soon. I would love to read the rest of your story. :)
CountessMRose chapter 12 . 4/5
Hi, haven’t been on the Avatar fanfiction train in a while but I’m glad I came back. Love this take on an AU for Zuko’s past, idk why but these seem to be my favorite stories the what if’s are great to see and read. Love the relationship you are building up for Zuko and his grandfather. For a character we only see in show for like 5 seconds you expand on him in a why I love and am looking forward to more. Can’t wait! :)
Souffle Girl in a Blue Box chapter 12 . 4/1
Wow! This is so interesting! It’s something I’ve never really thought about, but the world of the fire nation that you have created is really complex and well thought out! Keep up the great work!
AsiYepYep chapter 1 . 3/30
Ohhh, bebé!
Laurie chapter 12 . 3/28
I got to reading The Crown Prince's reviews, hoping for a clue about whether this story is still ongoing or not, and some of the comments got me thinking. Iroh in canon was the world's greatest uncle (Despite getting his face horribly burned by his father as a consequence of speaking "disrespectfully", Zuko was never afraid to whine or yell at Iroh.), but in this AU he's still the grief stricken man who just lost his son. In ATLA he was spiritually aware because he tried to rescue Lu Ten from the Spirit World. Is he doing this as the story occurs? Does he resent having a replacement son foisted on him, even the nephew he was fond of before his son died? I really would appreciate finding out, assuming this story is ongoing.
This story is the only one like it that I've read. Zuko being catapulted to the position of Iroh's heir like this may not be unique, but you've made Azulon a sympathetic character, even a loving grandfather. Zuko's development as heir is going differently than under his father, which makes sense since he was left in a state of confusion and terror by the whole disturbing night of his mother's disappearance. You mentioned long delays more than once and began this in 2012, while the update date only mentioned March without a year. This story could be abandoned for all I know! I enjoyed it though, so I hope it's still a work in progress.
12D3 Gorillaz chapter 11 . 3/27
Man Zuko really is a dum-dum, still so caught up in Azula's lies haha rip