Reviews for The Montague Street Doctor
Oberon-and-Tatiana chapter 13 . 8/31
The best summation of my feelings for this fic is the following snippet:
"Neeeeeeeeeeyyyyaaaaahhhhhhhhwwwwweee" she pterodactylled positively.
Thank you.
EvilDime chapter 13 . 8/29
Wow, this is one brilliant and beautiful fanfic!
I love BAMF!John, and I am always up for some PRF drama. But the way you have John re-building his brittle world around the hole Sherlock left, giving everyone but himself so much, the way the community revolves around him, really mad emy heart ache. I enjoyed the way he first reacted to the police trying to walk all over him, even finding some fun in it (I especially loved the thing with the bug and the windshield), and of course the friendship/relationship drama between him and the resurrected Sherlock was wonderfully intense. Never simple, and still so obvious. Love it.
Kudos!
- Dime
August Mayhem chapter 13 . 6/13
First reading the summary, I wasn't hesitant, but it didn't sound nearly as interesting as some of your other stories. But I figured I liked your writing style and nothing had thus far been anything less than superb, so why not give it a chapter.

Except within that first chapter, within the opening three paragraphs in fact, I was hooked! I was engaged and curious and wanted to know more about how John would make the city his and take care of it. When the gang fighting came in I wanted to know more, how it ended, how that affected the gangs and the people of the community, how they responded to John. And by jove, you delivered.

It was masterfully done, with very few grammar/spelling errors, the involvement of characters old and new was well-thought out and riveting in their interactions/thoughts of John. I had wondered about Sigurson, but nothing really clicked until chapter 8, for no reason at all really, but suddenly, Sigurson was Sherlock! The way you brought the two of them back,, broken, fractured, old habits and same relationship with new facets and edges. And problems they had to work around. I'm exceedingly happy you didn't just throw them into bed with each other and that magically fixed it (many do). The fact that John held his ground and Sherlock understood, and they were still partners but things had changed and you acknowledged that and I LOVED IT!

Which is basically amounts to what I'm trying to say :p Anyway, it was fantastic :)
August
Terahlyanwe chapter 13 . 5/23
Oh, John. Oh, Sherlock. *sniffles*

They're more mature than they tended to be in the show, which was lovely. Multilingual!John is one of my favorites, and I adored the community rallying around him.
poisonivy1123 chapter 13 . 4/29
This was such an amazing read thank you so much for writing! I can't wait to check out the rest of your work
LeighaGreene chapter 13 . 3/22
This was amazing! Brilliant! I love your John and the sense of community you managed to build throughout, and the fact that he chose to hold onto his new life even after Sherlock returned.
Ive just finished reading this (again), and it won't let me review the last chapter because I already have once!
So I logged off. because I needed to tell you (again) how wonderful this story is and how I think you captured the true steadfast spirit of John, how even when he is at his most fragile, he manages to keep on keeping on. I think what you have written is beautiful (some of the scenes moved me to tears).
Thanks for taking the time to write this.
- So Perfect It Hurts
IridescentStars chapter 13 . 1/14
I have read this close to eight times now. I always run across it in somebody's favorites or in the archive and I can't help but to read it again and again. It's wonderful and sad and lovely and makes me want to cry at times depending on my mood. I love it very much and this probably ranks as one of my favorite fanfiction.
WhisperingPage chapter 13 . 1/1
This?!...This was perfect! I couldn't quit reading until I finished the whole story! Bloody Amazing! :D
Sakihinata chapter 13 . 12/10/2015
It was an intense story ;)
Meliko chapter 13 . 11/1/2015
I'm not the type to review the stories I read. In fact, very few of the stories I read scream at me to review them. This tale has screamed at me from the first chapter to the last. I absolutely loved every second I read your fic. You have written in a way that made all of the characters, cannon and non, leap from the screen alive. To put it simply, I loved it and wanted to let you know that I did. I can't wait to read more from you.
Hedwig chapter 13 . 6/28/2015
So amazing. You write John so beautifully. I loved the way you ended it, blending old and new lives into something new again, like real life works. Beautifully written. Thank you!
bdet chapter 13 . 6/8/2015
absolutely awesome
GilDeMo-Yui chapter 13 . 5/19/2015
That was completely and utterly realistic and wonderful. Thank you so much.
JohnToMy'Lock chapter 13 . 4/16/2015
But my absolute favorite part is the ending when they're making everything work, blending the past and present into something great. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful story. It's defintelt something I'll read again. Great job and happy wishes! :-D