Reviews for Cause and Mass Effect
Shinkansen chapter 44 . 3/26
Hope life's treating you well and that this story ain't dead. Best damn SI I've ever seen.
inquisitive man chapter 12 . 2/24
So will you be mentioning the infamous black pixel glitch? because that was a pain in the *ss
RosoMC chapter 1 . 2/22
Just read all of it in basically one sitting. Story is well written and characters are awesome. Please continue. :)
Bigershey chapter 44 . 2/19
What can i say this story has been a treat so fair and is a brilliant piece of work, been a privilege to read so far. There is nothing i would love more to see this continue but i understand the life comes first but i will be looking forward and hoping for the next chapter. Thank you for the story so far!
Jiopaba chapter 10 . 2/18
You keep using the word 'Cordite'... to describe weapons that shear off tiny pieces of metal from a block and then accelerate it with mass effect fields. It's weird.
Mental-Shifter chapter 30 . 2/15
I love my mama!
Zenoen-the-mac-user chapter 44 . 2/12
This Story is phenomenal Please continue it.

I really hope you haven't abandoned this glorious artwork.
Ser Serendipity chapter 11 . 1/30
"You missed."

I love this line.

Just saying. Also: always great fun to see an SI break down.
Come on chapter 44 . 1/28
I love this story but i do feel the reveal should have been portrayed as a bigger event instead of accepted immediately. Interesting choice to have this break while Mass effect foundation comics are being released guess you want to see all the characters side stories before continuing and I'm fine with that as long as it helps you with your fic
Rogue15 chapter 44 . 1/14
I rarely read Mass Effect SI's. Mostly cause they usually just really really bad and on the other hand, they are usually just rehashes of the canon story line that gets old really fast and gets really depressing.

What you have managed to do here is incredible. The SI does not seem overpowered at all, just overwhelmed and very very human in his interaction and self delusions. I cannot wait to see where you are going to take this, especially now that he is going to get back into engineering. Always wondered what a Scifi geek could do with that level of tech. Mass Effect canon, they have a lot of neat tech, but it all is hand waved away as mass effect without seeming to expand on it. As bad as Cerberus is, they at least tried to advance.

They could do so much with that tech with just some imagination, we know the right time of mass effect fields can contain energy, Bomb pumped lasers anyone? Ala Honor Harrington style (Loved the reference to that earlier). Missiles are almost ineffective due to barriers, but that is in small swarms. With the manufacturing capability they have they could throw thousands of of them out.

Another thing I find impressive here, is the characterization of Shepard and Miranda. You have expanded their personalities and made them into real people, same with the rest of the cast, which is hard to do. By doing that you have even made his current relationship with Shepard plausible. Because for all how tough she is, she is still human. Easy to forget that in the games.

When I started to get into the story I was leaning towards a Miranda Romance, still like their interaction, but the chemistry you have been describing between him and Shepard has been impressive, shows that they both have emotions and are just not cookie cutter cutouts of characters.

Even if he actually ends in a relationship with Miranda, I do hope he keeps a really close relationship with Shepard at the end. The interaction there is too enjoyable to see. What I would find most impressive is if you found a way for Miranda and Shepard to maybe not like each other but at least tolerate or have a mutual respect for each other. In Canon it would be hard to imagine, with the more human Miranda, I can see it. She does what she thinks is right and puts her whole effort behind it. Similar to Shepard really.

Still, I am looking forward to where you are going to take this in the future. With those extra years to prepare and the ability, maybe if it goes that way, to influence the SR2 project it could go some pretty strange directions. Better than canon in my opinion, not that it would be hard with how depressing it got.

Either way, thank you for the enjoyable read. I hope to see more of this eventually.
orion0905 chapter 44 . 1/7
I just don't see how this will end well. Knowing that if you die you'll be brought back, besides g the collectors won't stop, at least I bet they won't. That being said I can't wait for the next chapter. Cya then
sapiens machina chapter 1 . 1/2
Just finished reading what you've written so far, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Different from the other SI's in a good way Please, do update soon!
vohlm chapter 44 . 12/16/2013
awesawesome keep upm the good work. would u kindly update?
TenchiSaWaDa chapter 44 . 12/14/2013
And here is where i stop reading :(. yes eventaully the secret comes out but some times the reveal should be... a bit more? Sorry. i just felt really let down at this reveal. it doesn't feel that strong compared to the rest of hte story.
Guest chapter 44 . 12/13/2013
I understand that life can throw you off, but I really like this fanfic and hope you could keep it on a solid schedule.