Reviews for Howl
DeltaCat chapter 3 . 11/12/2013
Great Story - I love your dialogue between the Janeway and Torres. Really captures them for me.
Warhorsejaneway chapter 3 . 8/25/2012
Good story keep it going
HER chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
beautifully written and very deep
BevNPicard chapter 3 . 7/22/2012
Great story, I really enjoyed reading it. Your characterization of the members of Voyager's crew are always wonderful.
American Fantasy chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
What a lovely story. I love the odd rare Janeway and B'Elanna fic. "I'm sure the Doctor's lecture will be far more painful than the injury itself." Great line! You captured a lot of great characterizations into this story. Really great work!
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 3 . 7/16/2012
A great ending to this story, seeing both Janeway and B'Elanna reconcile a lot of their differences (but not all, of course ;)). Your Janeway is awesome in this, and I hear her voice as I read this, same with B'Elanna.

The ending was a perfect way to bring elements of their previous conversation full circle, and I can only imagine the verbal lashing that Janeway will receive from the Doctor XD

I also admit to chuckling at the mention of Chakotay's relief at not crashing a shuttle this time. Priceless.

'"Love is something that remains rare, no matter how many quadrants you poke around in. I've found it a few times. Lost it, too – but, B'Elanna, even in the losing, I've never found love to be wrong."

It's an olive branch the younger woman accepts in careful silence. Wary of the delicate admission that might flutter out from under its leaves.' -I love this, all of it. The imagery is beautiful and Janeway's line fits both her and B'Elanna well. It makes me think as well, that there is much more to Janeway beneath the uniform and protocol, something that I have always believed and am happy to see other authors touch on. :) I also love the image of the olive branch, and describing admission as 'fluttering' makes me think of a butterfly, free from its confines once more. That is brilliant.

The ending is a nice mix of relief and tension. When Tom expressed his concern for Janeway I immediately thought of B'Elanna, and I think that what she expressed to Janeway will never fully depart her. Also, the image of Janeway hobbling to Sickbay was a shot of her determination and perseverance, a very true picture of Janeway.

Well done.

CP7
Alpha Flyer chapter 3 . 7/16/2012
So much to love in this chapter, little things and big ones. Where to start?

The little ones: The tables turned between Tom and B'Elanna (her worrying about damaging HIS shuttle, rather than her hollering about him torturing HER engines), and the assumption at Chakotay's glee at not being The One Who Crashed.

The big ones: "'Love is something that remains rare, no matter how many quadrants you poke around in. I've found it a few times. Lost it, too – but, B'Elanna, even in the losing, I've never found love to be wrong.' It's an olive branch the younger woman accepts in careful silence. Wary of the delicate admission that might flutter out from under its leaves." Don't know what I cheered more - Janeway's very personal, very true declaration, or the image of the loaded olive branch (how many of them are ...).

But finally, the gift of a moment of witnessed tenderness at the end (does Janeway's pain at the witnessing come from her broken bone, or elsewhere?). Beautifully conceived, beautifully rendered. A rarity indeed. Thank you.

And yes. There will be another challenge ere long ...
CrlkSeasons chapter 3 . 7/16/2012
"Love is something that remains rare ,,, Even in the losing, I've never found it to be wrong," is a line that covers both of them beautifully.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/16/2012
So sad for Janeway! But man that fight in 1 and 2 was ROUGH. Do you really think Tom would have defended Janeway? Maybe he would have ENJOYED watching that fight. lol
tjean1 chapter 3 . 7/16/2012
Love your Janeway! Love that you write J/P! We need more.
Kerry J chapter 3 . 7/16/2012
Great read! I laughed at B'Elanna silently rehearsing telling Tom and of course she was right - it did sound a bit ridiculous. Having said that, I do understand why she might feel threatened by the relationship between Janeway and Paris. I thought B'Elanna described that friendship well, by the way.

I was glad Janeway challenged her (I didn't really think she'd bring it up) and that B'Elanna gave her an honest answer (if not all the details) and I do hope there will be another chapter where the two women might talk about things when they're not trying to survive at the same time. :-) Maybe B'Elanna's last sentence is an indication that she's beginning to understand she has no reason to be jealous...

I also liked the end - how Janeway stepped back as it were (though I have to say I found it rather cute how Tom was immediately concerned for her ;-)).
K chapter 3 . 7/16/2012
Ohhhhh, I love that last line. And the image of Janeway hobbling away, her "determination dominating her pain" gives the ending just enough grit to still feel like a Runawaymetaphor story. ;-)

Favorite line was a tough call on this. Think the winner for me is: "It's an olive branch the younger woman accepts in careful silence. Wary of the delicate admission that might flutter out from under its leaves." Perfect way to leave that conversation, given where they're at in the series. Not to mention the implications of Janeway's 'olive branch', in the even she harbored a love of her own.

Gotta run to work so sorry for inarticulate review. As always, reading one of your stories first thing makes my day ten times brighter.
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
"They still have most of the journey ahead of them, and the last part is all uphill."

What a perfect metaphor for the Torres/Janeway relationship, so beautifully illustrated in all its rocky edges in this story. But Janeway is correct in one thing (even if she does tend to state the obvious): "There has to be more to life than fighting with the person who's supposed to be your partner."

Looking forward to what lessons are drawn in this beautiful, searing piece.
badmelk chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
whoa intense!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
Yay! Thrilled to see such a speedy update! I'm LMAO at Janeway unable to find her 'inner diplomat'. Not the first time she's had that problem. ;-)