Reviews for Howl
Guest chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
Love it! Have been going thru all your stories the last few days and I really dig them all.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Kerry J chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
Oh this was great! I doubt this will be end of their argument and I'm actually looking forward to see the topic being brought up again - once they do set up camp. I can't really blame for B'Elanna being so angry when Janeway unwittingly put her finger on a sore spot (Klingon temper and all :-)), but I'm hoping she'll calm down eventually and they can talk about it more calmly.

I really like the premise here - Kathryn and B'Elanna usually get along so well (after their initial difficulties), so it's extremely interesting to see them argue here. I'm very much looking forward to see how this continues!
CrlkSeasons chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
I guess that this would count as a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for B'Elanna and Kathryn, even in Australia.

"You bring out the worst in each other ... "
"Don't you ever get tired of being angry at him?"
"Doesn't Tom ever get sick of being wrong all the time?"
This was unexpected. I didn't see it coming at all, - interesting though.

"They still have most of the journey ahead of them, and the last part is all uphill." I assume that 'uphill' refers to more than the physical terrain ahead of them. I look forward to reading more of the journey.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
Another great installment, full of tension and withheld anger.

"More accurate is that it, and the pylons connecting it, are scattered in a dispersal pattern stretching as far as their eyes can see, making for a sight worthy of one of Chakotay's crashes." - I laughed; I'll admit it, because anything referencing Chakotay's track record with shuttles makes me chuckle. I do love those little references.

"Because no matter what arguments either of them make, the Captain has more pips, and that (for reasons B'Elanna will never fully understand) is all that matters in the end." - I love it when authors hit on the absolute truth of a situation, and this is one of those times. Janeway always falls back on the 'Captain's perogative' when it comes to decisions, because she believes her decision to be the best, though that may not be the case. Well done.

It seems that the situation is only serving as a pressure cooker for both B'Elanna and Janeway's tempers, and I suspect that it won't be long before things come to a head. Although, I'm rather hopeful that they'll be out of this before the Delta Flyer becomes a roasted piece of titanium!

Nicely done,
CP7
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
What a terrific plot - you can go in so many directions with it. So I really hope you're not leaving it there. More would be really nice!

Mary S.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I hope 'Alpha' is happy. This story cuts straight down to the bone, but with such humor it's perfect.

"But neither of them are Tom when it comes to flying, let alone maneuvering such an unforgiving and powerful little ship." Not that that's a metaphor for anything, right? ;-)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I apologise for this apalling review but the only way I can describe this piece is by using these two words: Sheer genius.
Kerry J chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Ooooh, interesting! I love the fact that B'Elanna challenges the captain's motives and also that Janeway apparently hasn't convinced her that they are entirely innocent. :-) I'm looking forward to the next part!
mabb5 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Interesting beginning. Looks like it is going to be fun.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
whoa. now there's a confrontation...
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
So *that's* what happens when you put an unhappy B'Elanna in the Delta Flyer with Janeway: the old demons come out to play.

The bitterness in B'Elanna comes from something deeper than just a rough day, and having Janeway around certainly doesn't help.

"Adding in the Captain is plain overkill. On so many levels." - One can't help but wonder why Janeway chose to accompany B'Elanna in the first place, but I place it in the category of her exerting her mother-like tendencies when she should perhaps hold back a little.

"The low, rumbling tone is the kind of thing that would reduce Janeway's other officers to puddles of fear and shame. But the self-righteousness of Janeway's speech, the way she dodges the direct question, only adds to B'Elanna's anger."

There are so many different levels to this dialogue, from bitterness over duty shifts to suspicions and accusations left simmering beneath the surface. And in all that, there is the distanct show of Janeway's self-righteousness, which may not be the most preferable trait of hers to be witness to, but is there none the less. There is a superiority complex in Janeway, and after the events of "Thirty Days" one can understand how B'Elanna may have more than just a minor chip on her shoulder.

From the glimpse you gave us at the beginning, I can see that things are only going to get more turbulent from here on out.

I await the continuation.

CP7
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This certainly sets the stage to air the meaning underlying, "Yes, ma'am." and " She (B'Elanna) really wishes Tom wouldn't call her that."

I totally enjoyed the lovely mush of, "It's been indescribably joyous to be this in love..." and the out-and-out fun of, "... a muttered curse which must be Klingon for 'I told you so'."
antra chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Interesting start.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I'll take "mostly" when they come as mordant and bitchy as that ... :-)

Having just done a little romantic fluff piece myself, I sighed at "she still doesn't know what to do with all of these feelings she has for him." And I will wait (mostly) patiently whether she'll figure it out in Part 2 ...
29 | « Prev Page 1 2