Reviews for Maps I Must Keep
Joan Y chapter 2 . 6/9
This is a cute story haha. I like what was presented, an enjoyable read yay! (:
angelatheherbalist chapter 1 . 5/30
I loved it. This was perfect. So long, yet so beautiful. I really liked how you explored multiple characters, and went through phases of time. This was just so wonderful. Beautiful. Amazing. A work of art.
Myracels chapter 2 . 4/19
I dunno why but I don't like Garnet, she reminds me of a female Green and Silver combined, but I like the story though!
Nom de Plume chapter 2 . 2/6
Once again, you have proven to me why you remain to be my favorite Poke'writer to this day. The humor! Fantastic. The characterization? That's your middle name, I swear it. The emotions, the mature dialogue, the insightful lines... Heck, you could probably write about any number of other kinds of fandoms and I'd probably still love it. Your words are just that spectacular. The way you handled all these personalities, canon or OC, ... an individual who doesn't know any better would not be able to tell that those OCs are, in fact, not even a part of the original cast. They are weaved in so naturally and given such humanity that there wasn't even one character that I did not like. Which is strange since with this kind of story length, I would be tempted to skip to the scenes that star characters that matter to me. But right from each character's debut, I was captivated.

I've never even bothered to read about Ruby/Sapphire before (not even by you - gasp! I know) but you have, no surprise..., quickly changed my views on that. Ruby's character is such a riot. My god, from beginning to now (that screeching, ahahaa) - even when I didn't really think much of his character, that kind of personality was the least one I would have expected. He's probably my favorite now, next to Garnet. Garnet is a riot in her own way. Bless Amber and his heart.

After each line-break, I am constantly awed by how well you juggle everybody's post-marriage and for other couples (ahem, Blue/Green), pre-marriage. It goes to show that even when you get together, it's still a journey 'til you keel over and even then.. perhaps that is an adventure in of itself. Thank-you for taking a huge load of your time making this, refining it, and sharing it! If you ever do happen to reveal to us what happened during Garnet and Amber's journey, I will stalk (err, follow) your writing there as well.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
oh my god ... such a long chapter
but nice
i love blobfish chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
THIS! THIS! THIS

is literally the greatest piece of pokemon special fic i have ever laid my eyes on. in terms of characterisation, character development, dialogue - everything was so perfect and adorable and wonderful and so nostalgic - so much so that this is practically canon to me -

the only way i could deal with the after-feels of reading this fanfic was to scramble into my basement and read the entire manga series over again, cover to cover

you are an amazing human being for writing this, i apologise for my appalling incoherence but it's just - THE FEELS -

/dies and ascends to heaven

(i know you'll probably never update this again, but i just want to let you know that if you ever do it will possibly be the best thing that has ever happened to my life)
inklaced chapter 2 . 10/30/2014
hahahaha laughing. just laughing... anyway that's besides the point. good luck with your writings!
inklaced chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
hi, somebody just recommended this fic to me and immediately I can see why they like it, cause this was brilliantly written! I have not read a good oneshot like this in a very, very long time. honestly I was laughing and rolling my eyes and really being into the story, if you get what I mean. keep up the good work, good luck and rock on!
Jian-Kenkoku chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
"And the award for best Pokemon Special fanfic goes to...!"
But in all seriousness, thank you. I honestly can't express my gratitude and thanks and other stuff that came with reading this fanfic. This is the type of masterpiece that I can look at and say, "It needs no words." Not because it really doesn't, but because I could never put my feelings about his fic into words. The way that you took the Dexholders, the Dexholders I thought I knew inside and out, and you dug in there, and managed to pull out diamonds I'd never dreamed of seeing... You went so deep, that a Pokemon fanfic made me laugh, cry, and wish it would never end...so thanks. I wish I could help you somehow, to help you keep these "monsters" going, but all I can do is favorite it and leave a review. I'm sorry, I'm grateful, and I'm sad, because I may have just read the most beautiful fic ever.

PS. can we propagate this thing? Seriously? Like, raise the standards for fanfiction writing? This needs to be stickied for the community. Leave a review that says "Aye" if you agree

PSS. Also, can we have a section for just Pokespe fanfics? Most communities die out after a short while, and I figure we have enough fics at this point...
silvermoonstone23 chapter 2 . 8/24/2014
I think my favourite part of this was your little comment: "Red and Yellow are possibly really chill parents. Maize just runs all over the place and they're like "ah, there she goes again", "reminds me of when we were her age", "we were more wild than her weren't we", "wonderful", "ah, youth"."
I can just completely imagine that XD
Steveaaml chapter 2 . 8/5/2014
Bloody perfect.
Just- ahhh. I can't even handle it.
I have NEVER cared about OCs like this.
Ever.
I just want to read about their lives forever.
Or, well, as long as I can.
First off, Maize was just brilliant, and exactly the sort of kid Yellow and Red would raise.
And that scene. That last scene. Soooo earnest, and sweet, and original.
Last chapter I said this was my favourite pokespe story.
Now I'm saying that was my favourite confession scene of any story.
Not just on this site, but ever.
I say that without a trace of hyperbole.
Totally beautiful. I'm going to see what other stories you've written right away.
Thanks for this beautiful experience.
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
I kinda don't know where to start. I almost just want to unleash a string of curse words for emphasis, but I feel like that wouldn't do the thing justice. I could also quote all of my favourite lines here, but that would take ages, as it would be basically every other line of your story.
I could talk about favourite scenes? The bist with Green and Silver babysitting spring to mind, but there would still be too many to count.
I could talk about how perfectly you got the characters. How this is, without question, the most wonderful, perfectly believable version of these characters aging I have ever read.
Or I could comment on how masterfully you showed the depths of the characters' relationships through short, sweet scenes. Yellow and Red come to mind for this.
Or just the pacing!
But I don't think I could possibly express all of those thoughts well enough, so I'll stick with this:

My favourite Pokemon Special story I've read.
Hasane-chan chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Oh my gosh! This is possibly the longest one chapter fanfiction I've ever read! But this was really worth the time! I don't know if I like the actual pairings of the story or the children's interactions with the dexholders! This definitely going on my list of stories deserved to be read again. Great job!
davemoz chapter 2 . 5/19/2014
This is an awesome fanfic, and dangit I can't decide if I like the Dex Holder shipping and interactions or the children more x3. You did a great job of making the children interesting characters that can be reasonably seen as the results of these pairings without just being carbon copies of their parents as is too often done in child fics. I kind of just want to see a fanfic based around the kids' various adventures. Also, I like Silver's little "I have GOLD on speed dial, where did my life go wrong?" moment. And, of course, Gold torturing Ruby with the prospect of their being related. I really hope to see another update of this sometime!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
I am SO SO IN LOVE with this, thank you so much for the story!