Reviews for What Could Have Been
just me chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
i really wish this had happened in canon. to be honest i really wanted rikkai to win because THEY DESERVE IT!even more than Seigaku. Ryoma always winning is getting...boring...i know he's supposed to be the main character and all and I DO like him but he still has to LOSE at least once in a proper match you know?
XienRue chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Beautiful story! I really wish that this is a canon. When I start following PoT, I like Ryoma. I even felt fine with his win in Kantou tournament and National (when the manga chapter comes out). Well he is the protagonist. And it is natural for the protagonist to win everthing. I know that I was so naive. But as I got older (by the time the OVA of national tournament come out), I was starting to think more when I read or watch something.

I come to conclusion that Ryoma actually is a boring character and his win of Sanada and Yukimura was really a once in a time. In Kantou, it was Sanada fault to not take Ryoma seriously from the start. He should have finished Ryoma quickly then. And in National ... Yukimura practically was crushing him. Ryoma can do nothing. And then ZAAAAAPPP! Magic in the form of Pinacle of Perfection took over. All of sudden, Yukimura became helpless. I want Yukimura to win that match so badly!

Please, as you have made the Kantou alternate one, how about making the National alternate too? National final when Yukimura win againts Ryoma ... And, no. I haven't watched the New PoT ova about Yukimura vs Sanada. I heard about that but I haven't searched about it. I want it though

Sorry for the long review. I can't help myself after finding people that want Rikkaidai win instead of Seigaku, too.
Arctic Symmetry chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Im rewatching the anime and im in the sanada vs ryoma match but I cant watch it, ive procrastinate it so much because I hate that ryoma wins. He shouldnt had won. But anyways, love this so much, its beautiful.
xXbyshoriXx chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Finally someone agrees with me! Arghh Ryoma.. the cocky brat. I started disliking him after he beat Yukimura. He should've been beaten to a pulp by Yukimura to be taught a lesson. Rikkai, especially after what they've gone through, deserved it so much more :(
Great fic though! Exactly what should've happened in the first place xD
Ashley Antwolf chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
This story is so cute! Thanks for writing this story!

You hate Ryoma? I don't hate him, but I don't like him either. At first I like him, because he's the main protagonist, but now I found his attitude annoying :P Then I found Rikkai and fell in love with them (specifically Alpha pair :D)

You have watched the new OVA? Where did you watch it? I'm really jealous! D:
GotchaAttorney chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Thank you for this. I feel like sometimes the fandom needs to be reminded that YUKIMURA COULD HAVE DIED. And GODDAMMIT, RIKKAI SHOULD HAVE WON. (except not really, because PoT is about Seigaku. but they deserved the win just as much as Seigaku.)

All my Alpha Pair feels in this fic. TT_TT I watched the OVA too! It made me kinda sad. I understand what it's like to always lose to someone, but know that you really care about that person and can never hate them. I really felt for Sanada. Ever since the OVA came out, there's been Alpha Pair everywhere!

This was a nice short fic, all fluffy and happy and sunshine! Most hospital!Yukimura fics are super angsty. And hospital fics that involve Rikkai winning tend to end in Yuki dying or the surgery not working. (at least in the ones I've read) So this was a lovely change. Especially since I believe Yukimura and Sanada have had too much pain and deserve at least some happiness. Thank you for this!
AznMistress chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
It was really good. I'm starting to like Rikkai a lot more after reading fanfiction..though I'm still loyal to Seigaku. Aw. Ryoma...well. He did beat Yukimura... I can't say that my views for Ryoma have changed...but it's really heartbreaking to read this story. Seeing how the dreams that never came true.

I feel that the strongest part of the story was when they actually met. It was a lot of emotion, yet gentle and soothing. Good job, fyeri
Blodigealach chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I strongly believe that if Sanada won his match, which leads Rikkai to win the Kanto tournament, they'd surely win Nationals too, because IMO Rikkai lost in Nationals because they still have some guilt (or something else along that line) and it distracts the team.

And I do hate Ryoma as well. And I also watch the New PoT OVA Kami no Ko vs Koutei. It just amplifies my feelings towards Alpha Pair. UGH.
Knis chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
;_;
See Ryoma, this is why we can't have nice things.

Ah, this was really good. Makes me wish Rikkai really had won the Kantou tournament. And it helps that Alpha Pair is awesomeness. I don't know what more to say other than it was really good and you should write more Rikkai. *fails at leaving reviews* D;
Frog-kun chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I enjoyed this. I'm no shonen ai fan but I think you had a very good focus here. I really liked how you said so much about what kind of school Rikkai is with such few words. There was a lot of subtext here. Particularly Sanada's line about Rikkai being kings stood out to me. I agree, Seigaku really shouldn't have won the Kantou regionals. That was such a stupid development!