Reviews for Ascension
Blackbird71 chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
This is good. I like the idea that the humans and machines are both trapped by each other, and the idea that the humans in Zion and the agents in the Matrix are both endangered by the new power source.
orchid chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I rarely review fanfiction. When I do, it's because it's exceptionally good. Such as yours. I love all your work. But people started to copy your work here. Well, perhaps it's a compliment to yout writing style, when people get 'inspired' too much by your stuff. I hope you will come back one day and write some more.
EwigeStudentin chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Very interesting. Sounds like a beginning of a longer story? *nudge nudge, wink wink*
Parmparm00 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Please continue! Please, please, please.! PLEASE!
Glorifield chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
I don't frequent FanFiction as much as I used to, but when I log on, I always check to see if you have posted anything new. This story has not dissapointed! I await the next installment eagerly.
mr. eff chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
You have me hook, line, and sinker. Please update soon!
goanago chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
oh my gosh! its the best fic I have ever read! I just loved your theory, its very plausible... and the way smith talks... its so HIM! are you going to continue it? I do hope yes!
writing2guru chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Much of your story is true to the characters and the way I would imagine them interacting. I liked the hint of a more human and less machine-like Smith.
The only flaw is the dropping of the 'f' bomb. Being very familiar with the first Matrix film, I am acutely aware that the harshest word used (numerous times) in the film is 'shit'. My understanding of this genre of writing is that the author create a piece of work that emulates the original. I was really enjoying your story until the language veered too much from the original. I don't think it adds anything to your story.
You are a good writer and you don't need profanity to enhance your work.
sobjack chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
you have a lot of potential to write a full 30 chapter story abt this pairing. if you do then you're my 2nd fav fanfic author.
shadowgal98 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I simply love this story and your writing style. Not to fast and not too slow but just right. I especially like how you expand on how smith is a program whilst still keeping him human[ish]. Not many people do that properly. I hope to see an update. Stay awesome .
GenoBeast chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
An interesting idea...I could see how it would be disheartening for someone to learn their side was completely in the wrong, that the "evil machines" were not the ones who decimated the Earth through their actions. Then to added salt to the wound, the entire cause behind Zion is a mere distraction the machines cooked up to keep the anomalies that escape the Matrix busy while alternative technologies are researched to solve the power problem.

I personally can't see the machines making android bodies for agents that looked human unless it was for a type of protocol that required androids to infiltrate Zion. At first I thought you possible have Smith look for ways to possess a human body like shown in canon Matrix but I guess that would not really seem enticing to Agent Smith.
GT chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Amazing. Just like all of your work. Keep up the good work :)
Besucher chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
this was great!
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
What a fascinating and intriguing story!

This is a really interesting pairing that you've written here, as in the movies these two were always at eachother's throats, ready to kill at the first opportunity. Here, it is their mutual survival that pauses those impulses, and I find that really quite interesting.

I'm fascinated by this theory that you pose about all of humanity being enslaved by this war, and I think that it could have wider implications to the general world as well. As a civilization we are bound by certain rules and regulations and obligations. In a sense, we are all enslaved to life's whims, as well as mortality.

This Historical file 12-1 certainly is a crippling piece of information, and the fact that it contains information that could lead to utter chaos is rather unsettling. As always, knowledge is power, which makes me wonder how this will affect things now that Smith is aware of it. It could go both ways: he could simply continue to try and win his survival or fight with Trinity and the others to overwhelm the superiors.

"Download your programming into a nice cybernetic body? Perhaps a new Weyland Industries android model?" - that is a very, very clever Prometheus reference ;)

It's interesting that Smith would choose to save Trinity, but as the explosion threatens both of them, Smith seems to have taken to the side of mutal benefit. If anything, I think that this has wider implications for what future they may have as a team.

And oddly enough, I found the strange attraction between these two to be slightly amusing, if not curious. Perhaps more conflict is in store for them in the future.

I also appreciated both Smith and Trinity's affection for colourful language ;)

Very nicely done.

Zaerith Vrinn chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
That was wonderful, I have read your entire series, but I haven't reviewed for them because I recently found them and didn't know if you were going to continue. I am very happy to see that you have, I think this has been my favorite installment so far, I really like the interaction between Smith and Trinity, especially as it is slowly dawning on him that she could be right. Fantastic work, I hope to see more as soon as you can, don't rush yourself though, make the next part as good as the rest!