Reviews for Of Bashfulness And Tardiness
Nimblefoot13 chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Cute story! 3 I guess the reason we make such a big deal out of it is because of how commercialized it is nowdays? IDK I'm just in it for pie.
Iggy's Duckie chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
As my friend would post, "*IIH*".
pigeons-and-duckies chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Good story! My personal opinion of Independence day is basically the day that our ancestors knew that they were finally done with the British. Finally done with taxes, finally able to govern themselves, finally able to depend on Americans without an okay from people across a giant sea. Finally free. Its also a way to honor those who died for our country in any war, Revolutionary or not.
Its to remind Americans that we could still win against all odds if we believe hard enough. So not only is it a day of celebration and remembrance, but also a day to look forward to the future with an open mind that believes in large and small miracles.
But that is just the view from a patriotic mind. Some Americans will take any chance that they can to party XD
Dolly Doodle chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Aw, I really like this story. You my friend are talented!
The reason Independence day is so important to us is because it's the true beginning of our history! It's like a milestone as far as countries go, some stuff like that.
TheAwesomenessThatIsDumbledore chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
I loved the story, USUK makes the world go round, I swear to it.

Most of the other people who posted before me have very in-depth reasons, and for my family and social circle, it's not that at all. It's basically F* Yeah, America! Day for us. My mom and I have some really outlandish patriotic pumps we trade off, and we cross into the next state to buy fireworks to smuggle illegally home. Then we shoot rotten fruit, and stuff the bullet-ravaged remains with fireworks and blow it up, all the whole blasting our music and irritating the neighbors. We also send boxes of Independence Day memorabilia to our friends in the UK, and they call us back teasing about 'those pesky colonies'. We stay up way too late with exotic red white and blue drinks and food; EVERYTHING has to be patriotic. No exceptions. I have a special American flag sequin shirt for it, it's really ghastly, I love it. I suppose its just tacky recklessness and an excuse to party for us. Whatever it is, it's fun.
Anne Fatalism Dilettante chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
AAAAAAAAAAACKS LOVABLELOVABLE. 3

Only thing I wanna nitpick a little - england x? X? X? Ehhhh! Wut.

I like how you gave them a little conflicting scene at the beginning. Very very intense.
FluffyAngst333 chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
AWWWWWWWWH!
MDWOLFGIRL chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Aw so cute!

Its just an american tradision, i dont really no how to explain it. It binds america together, cause its one of the few hoidays that isnt tied to reliegion. You might understand it more if you where over in the states for it.
Mitchigo chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This Was awesome! I'm not Normally in to this stuff but a friend got me interested, I'm finding it very interesting, I Want to read more This is even more interesting then most of the anime I watch, I'm going to read much much more of this, (1 thing to get straight though, I am not into yaoi at all)
Brownie chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Firstly I just wanted to say lovely story! Secondly it has been really nice for me to read the views on why you all celebrate the forth of July as I would not know because I am British, so sorry I can't add anything to the 4th of July conversation, but I like to learn what others think so I would just like to end this by saying fantastic story :D
generalsatangod chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Nah, I understand. I'm American, and I don't understand it either. I just know it's fun to watch fireworks. XD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I completely agree with all the other Americans who posted reviews.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Well, for me the 4th is the day when I appreciate all that my country has done, all the good it has done. I reflect back on the revolutiary war and feel lots of patriotism, and tons of pride for everything my country stands for and everything my country is. I reflect on some of the hardships my country had to face, too. I listen to and sing all four verses of the Star Spangled Banner. Then we celebrate with grilling hamburgers and lighting off fireworks. They remind me of some lyrics from my national anthem.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I loved this! It was so cute at the end! And I liked the beginning, as well. It was just all around amazing! I can't use awesome because Prussia will find me and tell me it's not as awesome as him.
As for the Independence Day celebration.
Frankly, I don't know either, and I'm American. That's just sad in my opinion. American, and I don't even know why we celebrate the day so extravagantley, or why we even have to. Though, I think it has more to do with an American Pride kind of thing along with the idea of a reason to celebrate with fireworks, which aren't even red, white, and blue, just rainbow colours. Sorry if I was rambling. I truly apologize for making you read such a long review...
TeaConnoisseurIggy
Divinehearts chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Sweet story, and so fluffy!

I'm sure you've already gotten an idea from the other reviews on what the Fourth of July means for us, but I'll give you my version anyway.

I guess it's a bit hard for people raised in other countries to see it, but it represents much more than just the day we became a country. It didn't even happen on the fourth (It was really the 2nd). It means for us we can fully embrace our famous sense of national pride at being an American citizen and the first state to be based on a certain set of beliefs and ideals that all men are created equal. On that day we can put aside our differences and come together as citizens of one country and sing patriotic songs, eat, and enjoy summer festivities.

We also come together to honor and pay respects to the fallen throughout our history that died to protect our freedom. We forget on this day the criticisms thrown at us to celebrate just how fortunate we are to be where we are and why we became what we are today. It strengthens our love for this land and always serves to humble us when our thoughts turn to criticize it. I'm always left with a feeling of awe and inspiration when I watch a fireworks display. It always reminds me of our country itself: loud, somewhat obnoxious, but also bright and dazzling.

I'm sorry the end seems to become a bit cheesy, but it goes to show you just how much emotion goes into this celebration. I love this holiday just as much as any other celebrated here. I admire any country or person that displays just how much they love their homeland. For us the Fourth is just where it is most apparent. I hope this was able to shed some light. :)