Reviews for What Once Was Ours: Reconciliation
Alpenwolf chapter 23 . 2/9
A great continuation so far. I can only imagine what you have in mind for our heroes in the next volume.
Alpenwolf chapter 20 . 2/9
Having not played DAI yet and trying to stay away from too much spoiler information, it's sometimes to hard to differenciate between the real canon and your head canon. Nonetheless I will continue reading even if I'm going to see many spoiler's here or something that just looks like one, but isn't one.
Alpenwolf chapter 16 . 2/9
Clodovea, if you only knew that your maker doesn't care about the wellbeing ... and that andraste is disgusted at some of you ... you probably would kill yourself :P
Alpenwolf chapter 13 . 2/9
Even if the rite can be reversed a part of Cullen's soul has died and so had a part of Merril's and of all the others. I'm not even sure if she will take her with them now, not that I'm against it, it just could be a bit more difficult to get her tranquil self to move along with them ...
Alpenwolf chapter 12 . 2/9
I had feared that the moment Cullen went back to the templars. Merill ... I really hope there will be a miracle here for you, but I really don't believe it ... which makes me hope stronger ... if that makes sense?
Alpenwolf chapter 2 . 2/5
Loghain, what are you going to do now? Are you trustworthy or not, that is the question.
EasternViolet chapter 23 . 1/12/2013
Fantastic ending! I can't wait to find out what happens to Cullen, along with all of our other friends of course...

Glad Val and Maric had their moment and that she started to heal from her trauma. Amazing how this tale started with a pile of pink potion. What a plot bunny :D

Congrats on putting Vol 2 to rest and looking forward to finding out what happens to our hoes in Vol 3 :)
Shakespira chapter 23 . 12/26/2012
Thank you for the shout out, Kira! My absolute pleasure to be your beta! :)

So, Clodovea blackmailed Anora, eh? Such a compassionate thing to do, truly...I imagine the gods and Andraste are remembering to sing her praises...or not. And I loved that now Aedan knows Anora is barren and will use that ammunition if need be. They have such a stormy relationship. And you write a very believable and conniving Anora without making her over the top evil, just evil enough.

The scenes between Maric and Val were wonderful. When he got her to look him in the eye and tell him about those final hours in Kirkwall with Anders, I wanted to hug him. You've really done a wonderful job in realistically guiding Val through the PTSD maze and I have every confidence she will fully recover now. And the tender passion between them, the deep and abiding love is always a joy to read.

As always, you give Zev such depth and the final meeting between them all was a perfect way to recap past events and highlight what's in store.

Another great chapter and I'm looking forward to the next volume!
csorciere chapter 23 . 12/24/2012
You can be sure that I will most definitely be following along. I've enjoyed this section as much as the first where Maric and Val met. I was a bit worried for a moment when Sebastian was comforting Val instead of Maric, but it was wonderful to see just how much he trusts his wife (especially, given that it was Sebastian and Maric knows that Sebastian loves Val.) If she had been married to anyone other than Maric, I imagine that that scene would have went very differently.

This was an excellent chapter that covered many things. I have to wonder who told Andraste to find a way. Was it one of the dreamers? Or Sylaise or one of the other Creators?

When Val gave Maric the story about what transpired with Anders at the end, my gut clenched again. I know we had already covered most it before in Volume 1, but it is still just heartbreaking to recall how far gone Anders was and how calculating Justice/Vengeance was.

Beautifully done, I am looking forward to Desperate Measures, and hoping that the story alert for it will post soon. :) Happy Holidays! Thank you for continuing to share your world with us.
Deeca chapter 23 . 12/24/2012
Just read this while enjoying some tea. I really like your Maric! And your Anora is perfect! Plan to recommend your fic to my friends who read the comics. I know they would love it!
xseikax chapter 22 . 12/19/2012
Omg Aedan is a hardass, isn't he? To pull out the fact that Anora hasn't produced an heir is a low blow, especially since she's been through it before with Cailan. And to claim that she might be controlled by a blood mage was very clever. I'm really curious to see where he's going to go with this.

I kind of like the closeness blooming between Aedan and Leliana. I'm not sure if you plan a romance between the two of them, but they have so much in common, as Sebastian said. They could be cute together :D

Poor Val and Maric! I can just feel how difficult it is for the two of them to leave each other D: At least it's for a good cause, but I know they're going to be worried about each other the whole time. I hope Andraste keeps to her promise and watches over all of them, otherwise she's going to have a lot of people angry with her.
Shakespira chapter 22 . 12/18/2012
As I mentioned in my beta, the scene between Val and Maric was just so tender and passionate and loving...my favorite part of the chapter and such poignancy as they have to take separate paths.

The byplay between Anora and Aedan is fascinating to watch as they have such a different dynamic...almost the antithesis of Val and Maric's relationship. And I'm very curious about why she insists on keeping an Orlesian grand cleric when they are separating from the Orlesian chantry. Very intriguing.

I hate that Maric and Val have to go in separate directions, they have become so necessary to the happiness of the other, but I am also looking forward to seeing how much they grow as individuals and how they reunite.

Zev is the glue (or thread) that seems to hold the company together...he really is vital to the success of the mission through his ability to understand what people need and then give it to them. Wonderful characterization of him.

Another great update!
EasternViolet chapter 22 . 12/17/2012
Such a heart rending chapter. Splitting up Val and Maric!? It will make their reunion all the better. I expect vivid details :P.

A great set up for many things to come. I live how Aedan grew a set. I am anxious to find out Anoras reason for keeping the Orlesian in her corner.

Great that you've incorporated Terrie too. As you know, I quite love Mages! Glad you are on a writing toll :D
EasternViolet chapter 21 . 12/2/2012
Congrats on the application! I am sure it will be fabulous, and any department would be lucky to have you:).

Another punchy chapter. Do I sense a possibility between Sebastian and Leliana? Makes complete sense. I know I know... All the political machinations and I pick up on that detail.

Val and Maric aligning with Justina, while the reformation is happening in Ferelden is absolutely scintillating! I did like the little interlude between the Nate, Loghain and Rafe, nice to see them again :).

My heart aches for Cullen... I hope he gets a momentary respite before thing go absolutely bonkers for him :)

Excellent chapter. A great building up for a political sh*tstorm :)
EasternViolet chapter 20 . 12/2/2012
Wowza! I see I am a tad behind... What a powerhouse chapter. I'm glad to see Cassandra softening, if only just a bit... Makes her personal growl appear realistic. The proclamation totally blew me away! Of course Ferelden would do this! It was crafted well... And I can just imagine the look on Gregoire and Irving's faces as they read it :) the ripples of that action... Considering what is also gong down Starkhaven will be a blast to watch. Political intrigue is my favorite, and I love how you weave it into the narrative :) great chapter!