Reviews for Millennial Panic
Inara Seraph chapter 6 . 12/1/2012
Yay, update! I hope Uranus gets better in future chapters. She's not being shown in a very flattering light at the moment, and it happens in so many fics it's kind of annoying.
weebee chapter 6 . 12/1/2012
*Weebee smashes his bloated ego back into the biohazard labelled container. *

Gee, thanks. Had that under control until you spoke up.

Am getting that this story's pretty alternate universe now, and will try to reduce SM-canon nitpicking.

For the seemingly prerequisite grammar nitpicking, you lapsed into present tense for one word in the initial battle scene. That is, "seems" in the second paragraph. Unfortunately, I lapsed into reader mode for the rest of the chapter, so I can't tell you one way or another if there are any other issues.

Ranma's talking to herself around Jadeite seemed a bit unneccessarily contrived to bring in a later Dark Kingdom attack on her family, but it wasn't too bad. Also, I'm noticing you're going for the Serenity mind control via release of pain shtick, though apparently it was unaware mind control. I'd imagine once she realizes what she almost tried to do to Uranus, Ranma will be quite horrified. After all, to quote a crap movie, she needs her pain.

I'm noticing that you quite deliberately went from a male to female pronoun reference in your discription of Ranma's change at the end of the chapter. Wondering if that'll have any major significance, but will leave it up to you at this point.

I think you may be selling Serenity short, as well. Hence why I added her as someone who wouldn't accept the 'easier method' rationalization either. Granted, early on Usagi would, but it seemed to me that Princess Serenity was the part of her personality that gave her the firm resolve she shows in later seasons.

There were 8 Senshi, and when talking about ones with Tallismen, the Youma ticked off 4. I think I tracked it to Pluto, Uranus, Neptune and Venus. Are you talking about her sword from the Manga? I can't really tell what timeline you're drawing canon from here, or if there is any specific one. Maybe I should watch out for "Sailor Moon - Another Story' references? :)

Man, so much easier to let my inner nitpick rant rather than be polite. My oppinion on the story in general hasn't changed, and actually may have improved since this chapter demonstrates your ability to write satisfying semi-filler. This is an important skill.

Anything else... anything else...

Ah, right. Understood about Cologne. The fic of mine you referenced sorta has the same problem, since I made a dog's breakfast of certain bits of continuity, but absolutely suck at rewrites. That's part of what's holding it up, actually, I'm trying to figure out how to do my plot without breaking continuity any worse. The other part, of course, being laziness of the highest order.
Farmer Kyle chapter 5 . 11/28/2012
It always nice to find a good SMRanma fic. This fic is great, so that makes it awesome. I always enjoy seeing how the meld is made, and while Ranma as Moon or a Senshi isn't new, it gives people the opportunity to see and write Ranma having an identity crisis. And you certainly did a great job with it. I also like how you developed the Senshi, quite believeable. I can only hope you update soon!

Good Luck in Life and Writing!
Farmer Kyle
Kalladin1989 chapter 5 . 11/18/2012
Awesome story. I'm loveing it. Please post soon. Personally hoping for ranma/mina pairing
Maggie-baka chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Neat. I'm not sure I understand Haruka and Michiru, though.
Eldersprig chapter 4 . 11/12/2012
"even being granted mastership required a grandmaster's word"
um. no.
MUST HAVE MORE! :D

keep up the good work if the chaps that come out are this long I can wait a month or two.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
Most fuku-fics im not a fan of, this onea not bad though.

Ranma, take these memories!
*grabs
TRAUMA!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
GREAT CHAPTER! (*x4) an another battle, to repaired the Scout's.
Compucles chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
Hmm, this is an interesting one. I hope you aren't discounting the Tendos entirely, though, otherwise it'll seem too much like Ranma in a Sailor Moon story rather than a crossover.

By the way, are you aware that Ranma's supposed to be 16 after leaving on the training trip at the age of 6? Is there any real reason for changing it other than matching his age with the other Inner Senshi?
NaruHarem4ever chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
wow! loving this story! Great Ranma!chan fic. you wouldn't happen to be taking lessons with Ozzallos, would you?
Jimbobob5536 chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
Fun chapter. I like Minako's mom in this.
weebee chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
Okay, great to see you back! Another chapter, another review from me. Hope these aren't annoying.

Generally, this chapter just progressed plot. More filler and planting seeds for later exploration than much else, but still, well done.

The first scene with Cologne was really the weakest part. For one, by the end of it the word 'Rock' was losing all meaning in my head through overuse, the tenses fluctuated wildly in a very destracting way, and it seemed to be a bit too much of an exposition dump.

Also, you came very close to a pitfall I absolutely hate, but the way you addressed it maikes me think you know it and are avoiding it. Basically, even when it doesn't make sense, humans don't want to discard their entire identity for another one. No matter how crappy your life is, it's yours, and just falling into another because it's easier is the coward's way out. This especially gauls me with Ranma, since being stupidly determined even when it's not a good idea is one of his defining traits. Hell, it's one of Serenity/Usagi's as well, so I don't even think the side of this Ranma that is her would approve.

Lastly, I've noticed that a lot of characters are somewhat off. Not much is known of Mrs. Aino, but from Codename Sailor V, she seemed rather distant and uncaring, not the loving mother you present here. Also, Mrs. Tsukino never really came off to me as that much of a gossip, more as a long suffering stay at home mom with some frustration issues reguarding her kinda slow daughter. This is an alt-verse, though, and the characters, especially Mrs. Aino, are really obscure, so whatever works.

I kinda wonder what's happened to Mistress 9. Forgive me if it's been touched on earlier and I forget, (Haven't reread.) I guess Hotaru got picked up by Pluto before her father's lab accident?
Elsa the Queen of Snow chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
Hmm, looks like the amazons are going to involve themselves soon. Or at least, Cologne and probably Shampoo are. Should be interesting.

Definitely looking forward to the next chapter, 'cause I like where you're going with this fic so far.
Lord Anime chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
Good start just found this today. I am going to take a stab in the dark and ask if you have any plans for pairings or if that will even be a factor in this story. Now personally I hope not to see ranma paired with a guy. Reality it is YOUR story so do as you feel is best or just what the heck ever you want to do.

Any who keep up the great story and as a LONG time ranma/ Sailor Moon cross over reader (check how old my profile is...) I must say this has ideas I have not seen before and I love that.
267 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »