Reviews for Gilligan's Lady
Person27 chapter 2 . 4/16
Personally, I don't care much for Morgana; after she turned on Merlin, I kind of have a "You're dead to me" attitude towards her. But in the middle of looking for Merlin fanfiction, I couldn't just pass up a Merlin/Gilligan's Island crossover. ;)
I just discovered Gilligan's Island, so I've only watched like 10 episodes, but I think you wrote the characters pretty well. And I'm probably not the only one who thinks that Gilligan and Merlin are pretty similar. No one takes them seriously, but no one would be... well, alive, if they weren't around to do what they do. And, of course, they make everything more interesting. XD
TheRandomRavenclaw chapter 2 . 6/30/2013
PLEASE UPDATE! I used to watch Gilligan's Island, but I's not sure if I watched them all or forgot about it, and I LOVE MERLIN! So this is AWESOME!
heepwah2013 chapter 2 . 1/13/2013
This is such a good story! I love it and i think you got the charecters very well. Ginger may be a little off but she's a hard person to portray. Keep writing!
MerlinPsych chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I'm interested... At first I thought, "there is no way this pairing could work out well!" However, you write Gilligan so well that it works! I love love LOVE both shows! You're not alone! Please update! :D
Emrys chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Keep writing for me, my name is in your story. I never would have thought of putting Gilligan's Island and Merlin together the way you did. Brilliant!
TheImpossiblePen chapter 2 . 10/5/2012
Very cute pairing! I'm liking this.
Teobi chapter 2 . 9/24/2012
Please, please, please, please, *please*, you seriously cannot abandon this fantastic story at just two chapters! I check regularly to see if you've updated and it's torture having to wait for all the Gilligan/Morgana goodness! Please, have mercy on your fans and UPDATE SOON! I'm not even gonna say 'no pressure'! Lol! xx
Sideshow Cellophane 26 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Yes. Just . . . yes. Continue this, please!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/27/2012
Please Update! Pleeeeeeeease?
Bibliophile109 chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Aww! I just couldn't stop giggling when I got to the part about Mary Ann and her... attire. I can't wait to see Morgana get a modern makeover!

Update soon!
Basil Allegri chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Completely right - I think you have the characters down so far, from what you've written of them.
And how couldn't I have watched both shows? Skinny boys (with trademark clothing) who are picked on and end up doing all the chores, who bring around chaos but ultimately save the day... yup.
You're right about Mary Ann - she really is a lot like Gwen.
ForeverLulu chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Huzzah! You updated! I re-read chapter 1 after you briefed me on the character of Morgana. And I loved this exchange between Morgana and Gilligan!

"I am the Lady Morgana," Morgana replied.

"Well," Gilligan said with a grin, "I knew you were a lady… We haven't been shipwrecked that long."

:D

On to chapter two then!

Things I loved-

. Morgana's thoughts on the radio. A box with a goblin inside!

. Gilligan's endearing enthusiasm in having someone new to show around 'his' island.

. Like JWood201, I also enjoyed the comparison of Gilligan to Merlin. Even though I haven't seen 'Merlin', I can see how Gilligan could be taken for a skinny fool who turns out to be wiser than anyone realises. That's how I see him, anyway, and I've always been drawn to similar characters elsewhere, so something tells me I'd quite like Merlin too. (And I grinned at the line- 'he'd changed Arthur from a prat to a king'.)

. 'She wasn't going to call this Gilligan an idiot until she knew for sure.'- Good for Morgana. I like how she's not jumping to conclusions.

. 'she could see the intelligence sometimes—it glinted at her when he turned his eyes a certain way, winking and tempting her to try to bring it out of hiding.'- Winking and tempting her! That is just too adorable for words!

. Morgana's surprise at Gilligan being oblivious to her womanly charms and enchanting figure. 'Gilligan didn't find her presence alarming or disturbing, despite her eye shadow, hair, and low-cut dress—all designed to entrance and shock.

Why wasn't he shocked? He wasn't even looking at her!'

- That's our Gilligan! He's the kind of guy who keeps women guessing!

. Gilligan's giant, goofy smile. LOVE.

. Morgana 'sizing up the competition'...aka Ginger. And then thinking Mary Ann is a prostitute because of her skimpy clothing! I love this whole scene. It would be quite shocking for any woman from an earlier era to see the miniscule outfits that Mary Ann wears. It's shocking even for me, here in the 21st century!

. And then thinking the Skipper wants her to dress like a prostitute too! Oh my Gosh, this is wonderful. I'm sitting here with such a big grin on my face!

. Ginger's reference to the time Gilligan had to pretend to be Gilliana. Too funny! I love that episode. (Not least because you get to see Gilligan in his t-shirt and shorts.)

Poor Morgana, left in the hands of Mary Ann and Ginger. I can only imagine her emerging from the Girls' Hut looking like a cross between Marilyn Monroe and Morticia Addams. (Actually, that would be quite cool.)

This is a story that I could quite happily read forever! I really like Morgana- she's a clever woman out of her depth and is wisely going along with things until she knows a bit more about her situation. I also love how you've portrayed Gilligan. You've brought out what we all love about him, which is his childlike naivete and enthusiam as opposed to just being 'dumb' or a fool, or nothing more than Skipper's sidekick. Because there is so much more to Gilligan than that. And for your first time writing about the GI characters, I'd say you've really got a handle on all the best qualities of Gilligan's character. The things that make us love him.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to chapter 3, and hope that you don't decide to end this story too soon!

ForeverLulu xx
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 2 . 7/14/2012
I'm loving this. You're writing Morgana really well, and I would never guess that you have never written GI characters before. ;)
JWood201 chapter 2 . 7/14/2012
Hi again! I'm still loving this. Her comparing Gilligan to Merlin was a bit lost on me, but I like how she's trying to figure him out and doesn't immediately assume he's an idiot (even later when she misunderstands his use of "plane" she comes close, but still gives him the benefit of the doubt).

The scene with the girls was great! Poor Mary Ann - the most innocent creature on the planet - being taken for a prostitute. Classic! But I suppose her outfits would be rather shocking to someone from Morgana's world. I like the twist that it's Mary Ann that she disapproves of and not Ginger - but maybe that comes from the comparison you made of her to Gwen. I'm not sure of their relationship/history, but you do a good job of making everything from Merlin come across without beating us over the head with exposition, so I'm not confused and I'm not inundated with information. Great job.

You're doing well writing the GI characters. The girls are difficult, though. There were one or two small moments where I was unsure if they were totally in character, but you were so close it hardly bears mentioning. Just be careful with them. You're doing great, though! I look forward to your updates.

I can't wait until the Howells get wind of this Lady. It'll almost be like the time they thought Duke the surfer was royalty. :)
Mrs. Bonner chapter 2 . 7/14/2012
This is so delightfully fun! There are so many things working brilliantly in this story. Morgana comparing Gilligan to Merlin is very interesting. Morgana's impressions of Ginger and Maryann are very fun. I so enjoyed her shock at Maryann's immodesty! And Morgana frequently comparing the sexy island girls to Helios' women is humorous and believable, while at the same time making a little social commentary on 1960's television executives.

I love the idea of Morgana having her hair done by Ginger! It reaches almost symbolic importance in my mind - Morgana's unkempt hair is a big deal part of her character lately. Allowing it to be put right means something, I think.

This is great! I love the way you write Motgana's thoughts. You do it really, really well.