Reviews for Unknown
Jedi SteelWolf chapter 50 . 7/21/2014
Firstly, I kinda liked the chill, easy-going chapter after all the craziness of the last few. Second, if Spike is somehow changing into more psudo-human than previously, wouldn't he be healing slower, not faster? Or is that just due to all the slayer blood? Next, I am so excited that Joyce seems to finally be completely on team Buffy/Spike! (Now all we need is for Angel to accept this fully ha ha - or am I forgetting something? Maybe he could come to tell them some news and go to see Spike in the crypt and find him and Buffy living there permenantly or something? *evil grin*) I'm curious to read where you will take the whole "reverse the ritual to lock the door" idea, because it seems interesting to say the least. Shouldn't they try to contact the brotherhood if they have questions? I mean, if the council can contact the knights, then wouldn't it make sense that they could find the brotherhood as well? Just a thought ... Any, thanks again for a great chapter and I hope to read more from you soon!
twotoe chapter 50 . 7/21/2014
Oh, I do hope it is the Shansue, but the Spike the Giles saw, still less than human, with his ability to fight and help Buffy to live, for both of them to live, and have the ability to have children. Human life. A souled vampire that helped avert the apocalypse, but wasn't doing it for the reward or redemption or any at least half selfish Angel reason, but for love. For his love and his friends and family and ultimately the world because they live in that. I'm sure whatever you have planned whether it has any shansue issues at all will be better than that other lesser vampire can ever manage to deserve or get.

But Spike is no more the key though, if the Knights are correct, so something is happening. The something that hopefully will begin to make him what he is to be. Not that he isn't pretty perfect for Buffy as he is. Perfect as they are. I do wish that Joyce would finally get her head out of her ass. She had moments of it when she worried that she had perhaps sent away Buffy's last chance with Angel, but it was only a moment and she has regressed stubbornly holding onto her ideas of Buffy's life and what is best for her. Hopefully having seen for herself how Buffy's life or death could go either way at any night and seen a big battle, she'll do better. She has had bits of that too, but has still stubbornly resisted seeing. Giles knows. Knows what Buffy's life always was, that she has already far outlived a classic expiration date. As a Watcher he has always Known, had to know. Both of them always had to be resigned to her fate, even if they fought it night after night. Now he knows more, from Xander about Spike not being there, and his own visions. Perhaps since she isn't so very ill and weak, he can have a real talk with her if it comes to that. Sorry, she is irking me, as I know she is supposed to. She hurts Buffy sometimes intentionally as family does, and more often unintentionally, but in her own way weakens her with that. Spike makes her stronger, and fights always with her. Alright I'm rambling again so I'll stop. Great last few chapters. I've been on pins and needles but a bit too pressed to do a proper review. But everything has been done so well, great actually, and I look so forward to what comes next.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 50 . 7/21/2014
Well, that was touching and funny, and I loved the Giles/Joyce bits... and of course, Anya's very sage advice. I may be a bit like Anya, except I learned a long time ago I couldn't say such things in public... sadly. :-)

You did gooooooooooooood! This chapter is a lovely summing up and winding down of your version of season 5. I will miss it when it's done. Will you be doing your (happier I hope) version of season 6... maybe you can call it 'Unbelievable' or 'Unstoppable'? Unimaginable? such a good problem to contemplate!

That little hole is worrying, but key magic is good stuff for fiction... one of these days I'll convince you to read one of my longer stories and you'll see! hehe.

Blue

look forward to seeing what comes out of the rabbit hole, or how deep it goes, or whatever you do with it, for all we know it might be fuchsia velvet lined with teal inside! I have confidence you'll surprise and delight me! ;-)
EllieRose101 chapter 50 . 7/21/2014
Oooohh! I'm intrigued. Thought it was all over. Are you doing set up for another story in the series?
ginar369 chapter 50 . 7/21/2014
Everyone is doing okay. Nobody died which is always a plus. I can't believe Buffy is going to move into a cemetery! So there is still more work to be done to close the portal? He isn't even walking yet! At least the knights are gone for good because I don't think Spike could take on a fly right now much less an army!
writerdragonfly chapter 49 . 7/17/2014
This was amazing. You are just such a wordsmith that sometimes I get too caught up in your brilliance to take down my favourite parts.

Excellent, excellent work.
ginar369 chapter 49 . 7/14/2014
At least Spike is conscious. That's about the only good thing besides Ben/Glory dying that happened other than Tara being back. Spike is going to take forever to heal! And I doubt he's going to be a good patient while it happens. I felt sorry for Giles for what he had to do. But he didn't do it for selfish reasons. Glory would have found a way back and the trouble she would have caused would have been tremendous.
Jedi SteelWolf chapter 49 . 7/13/2014
Yay! I'm so loving how you had everything work out, and just the whole chapter in general. One question though, did something happen between Glory and Spike there at the end that changed him some how? As in, is this how he becomes more human - well, human enough to have kids at any rate? Just wondering. Also, I would love to read more about the Tara/Willow reunion. (hint hint) ;-) Well, sorry for the short review but it's getting late, but thanks again for a great chapter and I hope to read more from you soon!
Illusera chapter 49 . 7/13/2014
Good heavens, just the thought of "pulpy" insides is enough to make me shudder. I can only imagine how mad Spike's body is at him for all the abuse it's been put through and I'm not really sure how they're going to move him. Magic? He's got alot of recovering to do.

It's funny how the post-battle interaction between Joyce and Giles is so calm.
"Well, I was in a battle dear."
You don't say? lol

And last but not least, I'm glad Tara has come back to herself _
DeepBlueJoy chapter 49 . 7/13/2014
oh god. wow.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 48 . 7/13/2014
i think you are evil. very very good at it, tho'.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 47 . 7/13/2014
hope. coming back. big fight coming. you know how to ratchet up the tension... and to see inside the characters.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 46 . 7/13/2014
bloody fucking hell.
EllieRose101 chapter 49 . 7/13/2014
Aww, oh my goodness! This is emotional! They saved each other :')
DeepBlueJoy chapter 45 . 7/13/2014