Reviews for Unknown
Rachel chapter 35 . 8/23/2013
fantastic updates. I love how buffy can actually admit her weaknesses to people. and how people are treating spike nicely. :) it's also interesting how you're going about the glory thing in a similar but very different way. and with xander and giles seeing two different futures im incredibly eager to see how it actually turns out. if one of them is actually right or if its a mixture? can't wait for more :)
jewel74 chapter 35 . 8/23/2013
"Souls mate for eternity."Ah, that is beautiful..
The problem of aging.. is really a problem, when your soul mate is not aging even a day. Turning Buffy to vampire is out of question I guess. Maybe slayers do not age like normal humans. We know they heal faster, why not age slower? Maybe there is going to be a miracle, like a cure for vampirism?
kerry220 chapter 35 . 8/22/2013
Excellent chapter. This is when the fun starts!

Wondering what Ben is up to...
omslagspapper chapter 35 . 8/22/2013
"Math is evil too." i concur

"shook the jar of wriggling black centipedes that would soon call forth their far off cousin, demonic cousin." excuse me as i go into a phobia enduced bout of pure terror and checking of all the corners of my room for ... centipedes ...

demonic butt munchers :p

buffy really should get a slayer trophy just for being in college

d'aw spikes last linez r so 10/10 shooting stars or whatever.
jewel74 chapter 34 . 8/21/2013
Tara and Willow interpreted Glory's background and motive in such an accurate way, I felt scared. The girls figured that she is a lethal foe with a purpose and a timeline, maybe already completed some of the tasks in her flowchart, thus the rendezvous point for all the mental patients.
The incident in the Harris house was heartbreaking, but probably necessary for a clean start with Anya. If he does not feel connected to his family in any way, he would not question himself on inherited bad traits. Selling his comic books collection to get a ring.. wow, that was the coolest boyfriend move I have ever seen :)
QT was full of arrogant words as expected, but the whole confrontation ended in a most profitable way.
writerdragonfly chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
/My lethal little angel. Looks so fragile. Put one finger wrong though, and she'd hand you back your bloody arm to remind you appearances are deceiving./

Really liked that bit.

The sleepy conversation, about marriage and years? Brilliant!

/"My money's always on you, Pet." His smile, melancholy in the candlelight, returned briefly as he whispered into her shoulder. "Doubt everything in the world- but never doubted you." Spike closed his eyes and listened to her heart beating until he joined her in sleep./

What a way to end it. Amazing chapter, as always. :)
Jedi SteelWolf chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
As always - congrats (and thanks) for a great chapter! I liked the "look to the future" for Buffy, but perhaps Spike could give her something to know that they are committed? I'm not saying steal Xander's thunder by having him propose, but something that is uniquely theirs that they can show to the world that they are there for the long hull, you know? Just an idea ... Thanks again and I can't wait to read more from you soon!
AGriffinWriter chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
Oh my word! The part that starts with Xander talking about dimensions in math problems was just one bit of wonderful hilarity after another! Buffy: "Math is evil too"; Spike: "I don't want to be sittin' in some slime pit watchin' things evolve!" and "No shrimp? This is our plan?"; Giles: "None of you listen to me." I laughed for that whole section! On a more sober note, Anya saying "Demons can love very well," reminds me of Dru's line in Crush: "We can love very well, you know. If not wisely."
And oh my goodness. Hell God's Meals on Wheels. I laughed so hard my roommate thought I was choking!
Smart Spike - realizing their wicca pals could in theory make Spike look older with Buffy or keep her looking young. That possibility had never occured to me before.
The ending was the most sad, beautiful, perfect love scene I ever remember reading. Bravo.
mike13z50 chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
It sounds like things are getting close to the end. I especially enjoyed these parts:

Lovely Anya line:

"Square. But in my defense, being blunt cuts through a lot of crap, and would save us this rapidly running out time." Anya pointed out.

A sound tactical reason for summoning the Queller, it never made sense on the show why Ben would do it, and was never explained.

"He can't kill these humans! They build me my staircase! I need my staircase!"

"We know, Your-"

"Did you check his room? Did he have the ingredients? The spell, whatever it is you need to summon a Queller?"
ginar369 chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
They managed to figure out a whole lotta of nothing. That is the worst. You know who your enemy is. You know what they want. And where it it is. But you have no idea how to defeat them. You can't retreat and you can't take the fight to them either.

I know Buffy is worried about the future, the long term future. She never lets herself think that far ahead. But Spike isn't going to go easy. He'll stay by her as long as possible. He's stubborn like that. No matter what he has to do he'll do it to stay with her. So she just might get those 20 years.

Oh Ben, you have become just as evil as Glory. And you can't even blame her personality leaking into yours for it. You've been killing her victims all this time. I know you want to live but how many people have to die for you to do that? Killing yourself ends Glory and restores all those people. And he has to know that. But he is willing to kill innocents instead. He's no better than her.
Annamonk chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
Your writing is sublime. I love it. Each character is so perfectly drawn that I have a hard time selecting a favorite. It was wonderful to see Buffy and Spike together in deepest love. Spike's rumination on their chances are so spot on. Time has meant so little to him, but now every blessed second counts. I eagerly await the next update.
Anna
Alottalove chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
A great ending to this chapter. Their quiet moment was very sensual and real, you could feel their souls connecting together. I love how your writing just draws us right into their world.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
DidiSummers chapter 35 . 8/21/2013
Hi!
Like it! Finally the gang has the info they need to know for sure who Glory is, but unfortunately they still don't know how to kill her... Ben killing the people Glory is eating from O is interesting how he is not quite sure if by doing such thing he is doing something good or not... Awww 20 years together! I totally can imagine Buffy and Spike together for that long, obviously with some fights and arguments in the way, but together nonetheless...

see ya! :D
jewel74 chapter 33 . 8/20/2013
As someone waiting hopelessly to see a Peter Pan plot in one of the Tinker Bell movies, I loved this line: "The lot of you are like flamin' lost boys an' Joyce is the Wendy. " How true.. And that is why she cannot quit, she cannot die. If she dies who is going to care for each one of them? They will be lost forever.
Everyone was very tense in this chapter. Especially Buffy of course. But now that Giles took all the responsibility by assuring everyone about the positive outcome of his dream, she can relax.. Oh no, she cannot! On top of everthing, QT is in town now.
Giles must be in a terrible place with all these people looking up to him. how can he be sure? Taking Spike's offer would have been a much safer choice. But someone had to decide and take a risk, that someone was Giles. Very brave of him.
Annamonk chapter 34 . 8/20/2013
Love it. Love it. Love it. Your characterization is true in every character. Not a false note anywhere. I adore Xander. He is the heart, and a strong one. The real genius of this chapter was in your development of Travers. He is loathsome and weak, but human. There are no flat characters in your work. Thank you so much.
Anna