Reviews for Unknown
Sirius120 chapter 41 . 1/28/2014
Ok, I'm coming back to this story after a pretty long hiatus, so forgive me for condensing this somewhat...

I hate that Tara was attacked by Glory. Hated it during the show, and I hate it here too. She just doesn't deserve it, you know? I'm trusting that you will make this all right in the end. Without completely destroying Willow in the process. By the way, touching moment for Willow to challenge Giles, that he can't know what she's feeling. It shows how grief de-humanizes at times, creating this bubble where we think no one has ever felt what we are feeling.

I love that Anya and Spike got pissed enough about Tara to confess their (familial) love for her to unlikely sources; not their significant others, but to one of their not-quite-friends. I think that's smother sign of the bonds forming amongst this group.

I love the scene between Spike and Xander. Again, a display of bonds being forged through simple statements that reveal a much deeper level of personality than either had believed existed.
cavemenftw chapter 34 . 1/15/2014
Hmmmm' I think I've read and reviewed this chapter already, which is good because I really didn't have the time to review at length again. I do believe I reviewed as a guest so refer to that for my review, I remember feeling dread when Xander enters his parents house, and I might have gloated about being right. Anyway, I thought I was caught up to where I was before, but I guess I am still rereading.

HT:
Honestly, Its being home while the kids are still up for the first time since September. Happier though was the cacophonous and happy greeting you receive from loved ones when you make an unexpected appearance, followed by quality couch time soon to come. The four plus months of drain is worth it.
Kitakana chapter 42 . 1/15/2014
Whew! I just finished reading all of this! Of course it's great and I'm going to keep following it. I love how you're spinning out the plot in this story, it's a great read. Your adaption of cannon is convincing, well thought out and just really well done all the way around. I like how you're mixing in bits of season 6 in as well with Willow. Keep it coming, I'll keep reading!
cavemenftw chapter 32 . 1/6/2014
I like how Giles figured it's easier to do something he doesn't want to do and almost doesn't see the need for right then than deal with an unsatisfied Anya.

The freak out scene when Giles told the others Travers was coming felt very chaotic and confused, well done.

I enjoyed Willys 'have you guys ever been to Miami?'
The interaction between the three was interesting all around. Helpful Willy is different.

["That's not my goody two shoes talkin'"

She's busy saving the world right now, she's kind of flexible on how that happens," ]

That's. A nice bit of dialog I think. It's kinda cute and cements coupledom and trust. It's this series in a nutshell for me.

That Tara and Xander interaction is cute, it's nice to see different parts of the group interacting with each other.
My comp and paste isn't working, but I loved that whole bit you wrote about what Giles sees for buffys future. How hes seen her final battle. It's beautifully written, and a bit sad that Giles has seen that.

Buffy thinking about Xander really makes me fond of him, when in the actual universe of the show, I am generally on the fence and leaning way to the negative side about him.

The bit where Buffy worrying about putting Joyce in danger really highlights just how much Buffy still internalizing. Even with the group as strong as it's ever been, she still feels somewhat isolated at times.

"Blondie bear and Spikey Aliases one assumes."
"Damn I hope so."
Hehe, funny.

"I'm sure you and Spike need to - exchange information."
Lol, poor Giles.

Oh man Buffy was a little heart breaking there while she was feaking out. Unlike actual season five, I'm glad she got to let it out this time, even if she still doesn't feel much better.

"He can't have all her light."
I liked that line. It feels real even through the fog joyce is in.

Poor Giles, I've lived a moment like that bit at the end and man did you do a good job of making that scenario real.

HT:
Getting back on the horse, and enriching your day with the ride.
(Smiles.)
Zatarra12345 chapter 42 . 12/31/2013
?f
Jedi SteelWolf chapter 42 . 12/17/2013
As much as I'm a sucker for the romantic chapters, the action-packed scenes are awesome too! While I'm not terribly fond of the idea of Spike utilizing his knowledge of torture again, I can easily see how he would decide that such was the right choice and I am glad that at least it was for a good cause this time. Quick question - it almost sounded like Ben was going to have a change in heart and try to kill himself (or at least tell Buffy so that she can kill him) but up till now his coward-ness and desire to survive seemed to be more important to him than anything else. So my question is, was this just a slight flicker of humanity that will soon be burried like all the others or was this a turning point for Ben? Also, would Glory be able to see the key within Spike if she ever laid eyes on him or would it be something she would have to look for? I'm only asking because it seemed like Glory and her minions were connected and if she could see the key then it would stand to reason that they could too, yet no one noticed Spike's "shiny new center." Perhaps the connection is only one-way unless Glory is actively taking something from the mind of one of the minions? Noting major, just something that made me wonder a bit as I was reading this. Thanks again for a great chapter and I hope to read more from you soon. Happy Holidays!
Illusera chapter 42 . 12/16/2013
I was upset by how Glory referred to her buzz from eating Tara's mind. Seeing her being intimidated by Buffy made me feel better. :) For a moment there I thought Spike got nabbed by Glory's minions. That was sneaky... prolonging the scene in which he appears again lol It feels like the moment when Glory figures it out is really close now. That last scene with Ben has me wondering if he'll end up fighting Buffy himself. If/when they figure out he changes into Glory, I'm sure the self-preservation instinct will kick in. Love the scene where Spike went territorial on the demons :)
Red Reaper88 chapter 42 . 12/16/2013
Love it
AGriffinWriter chapter 42 . 12/15/2013
"As in evil? We're anti-evil!" such excellent Xander-logic. (:
I've never put that together before! Giles did exactly what Willow tried - charge in with no plan and insufficient weapons, because when somebody hurts the one you love most, thinking probably isn't your strong suit.
I really liked your bits of added dialogue in the Willow-Glory fight scene. And whoever told you that your battle scenes aren't great?! Sweet, don't listen to crazy voices. They know nothing.
Loved Buffy's little "Spike making body-confetti out of these demons is a real turn-on". I chuckled.
The scene of Spike torturing the minion was really excellent - alluding to the damage he did without explicitly stating it. I think that made it even more powerful.
Bubby naked vampire is always the right answer. (:
Another delightful chapter. Excited for what's to come!
AlienAntFarm chapter 42 . 12/14/2013
Ooh, this is good! I had been wondering when this was gonna get and update! I love this story, I've always enjoyed reading semi-canon things, and this one is very well done! I really enjoyed how Spike saved Xander's life, I love that you put that, it makes Spike that much more awesome. (As if he needs any help in that department!) Oh, pardon me, I must go collect my brain from where it melted into goo regarding a naked bubbly vampire! *squee!*
Anyway, love the story, can't wait for the next update!
TwistedSister
omslagspapper chapter 42 . 12/14/2013
well good thing willow didn't go dark willow... the end of last chapter was a bit of a willow cliffhanger. also glad glory didn't smash willow like a tiny witchy bug :/ that would have been terrible.

sorry my review is short
it doesn't mean i like the chapter less
xoxo
omsly
ginar369 chapter 42 . 12/14/2013
LOL! Xander made me laugh out loud! It really is hard to keep up with someone who can teleport especially when they don't take you with them! Gotta love Spike and his 'Who's in my territory.' Good cover. So 1630 Revello has turned into a nursing home for the mentally challenged. Thankfully, hopefully the mental issues are only temporary though. But that should be loads of fun in the mean time. A little judicious torture comes in handy some times. Spike got the info they need. Now to come up with a plan.

I just got a mental picture of a bubbly naked Spike. Excuse me while I wipe up the drool.
Annamonk chapter 42 . 12/14/2013
Wonderful cliffhanger.
I thought you handled Willow's descent into darkness perfectly. She is still very much Willow. The shades of what she could become in a Taraless world are there, but she remains, damaged but loving.
This story is so complex. Layers of plot and subtext build and build to leave me hanging on for the next update.
The concept of love takes the main stage. Even as Spike tortures, he dwells on it. Truly masterful.
Loved it.
Thanks so much,
Anna
DidiSummers chapter 42 . 12/14/2013
Hi!
So glad you post the next chapter! ... Spiky got some useful info, good! ...

see ya! :D
writerdragonfly chapter 42 . 12/14/2013
Awesome chapter, as always, my darling.

930 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »