Reviews for Unknown
mike13z50 chapter 38 . 9/13/2013
Oh no, poor Tara is going to get brain sucked again.

I like that the whole Scooby gang showed up to help out unlike in the show.

Enjoyed the section with Buffy & Spike sorting out the death wish as well.

Good update!
valeria.reznikova chapter 38 . 9/13/2013
Never say again that you're not good at writing action. You're doing it great))
ginar369 chapter 38 . 9/13/2013
The good guys can't catch one break can they? Not even one night? At least that damn thing is dead! But now the hobbits from hell think they found the key. Poor Tara. I hope she can protect herself somehow from them or from what Glory is going to do to herself. I really don't want to find out what Willow will do if Tara gets hurt. She'll go off like a nuclear bomb!
omslagspapper chapter 38 . 9/13/2013
immediate LOL because anya and xander literally just went over there 2 get jiggy in anya's car

"The most recent meteoric anomaly was the Tunguska blast in Russia in 1917." Willow recited. "Some witnesses claimed the meteor was hollow." - V interesting. the queller must have starved all alone in siberia in 1908

hmm now i am suspecting the queller of having poor aim

"Who else? My money's on Glory," - oh, my bb's they are so close to the truth!

"Gonna bring the missus home a little prezzie." - i dunno spike, i think it might smell too bad

aw, buffy's dish washing crying scene, so good. poor buffles

oh man their house is going to stink like queller drool eugh

o noes anya and tara!
ahhhhhhhh
Annamonk chapter 38 . 9/12/2013
You kept the tension at the perfect point throughout this chapter and left us hanging on the edge of a very high cliff. For all of the plot action, it was the little details that made it artful. I loved how you depicted the gang trying to spare Buffy and Giles, Anya's love of shop talk leading to love, Spike and Buffy leaning on each other, and Tara worrying about Willow even as she uses her own magic.
Glory, Ben and the minions were also well done. Dreg's observation of Ben's behavior rang true. I believe it was Burke that said "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
It might have been Mill. I'm going to dig out my old philosophy texts and figure that out.
I loved the chapter. It was joy to read it.
Thanks,
Anna
AGriffinWriter chapter 38 . 9/12/2013
The culminating effect totally worked! I love how everyone figured out who the Queller's next target would be and their instant thoughts were: "How do I get to the house pronto and slay its alien-y butt?!"
And the ending! The moment Glory's minions were mentioned, immediately after what Anya said! Perfect thrill of terror for our beloved Tara! Man, sometimes I love Anya, but other times I just want to tap her on the shoulder and be like, "Anya, your mouth is moving. Sound is coming from it. This is never good."
Anyway, another delightful chapter overall, great mix of canon and original.
DidiSummers chapter 38 . 9/12/2013
Hi!
Great chapter as always... OMG! Glory's minions think Tara is the key O ... So glad Buffy Spike and then Tara got rid of the queller... I still get sad "seeing" Joyce forgetting things or talking nonsenses... I like the part with Buffy and Spike when he makes her say that is not her fault, I think it was clever the way he make her say it...

see ya! :D
Alottalove chapter 38 . 9/12/2013
First off, Joyce's roller coaster mind ride was written beautifully. I really felt for Joyce and the family. The confusion and heartache felt so real, and now the creepy little men have there eyes on Tara. So many things going on, so exciting to read. Til next time.
cavemenftw chapter 33 . 9/12/2013
I loved the way this chapter started. Your so good when you step just slightly out of reality.

Giles digging the hugs.

I am curious what ben is up to.

Whew, that was a slow build to sad for me, but for some reason it was Xanders' freakout that got me.
-"But- no, no we do need Spike- like this. I mean, he saves Joyce, but-"

Nice speech by Spike, I love how your sort of doling out the revelations in fits and starts.

- "But what if they realize your soul is not merely a soul, but the Key forged into one? What if they then offer it to Glory, for a price you can't top?"
- Good bit of rational input in a pretty hyped situation.

- Wow, the second half of Giles' speech was well, well done.
- His voice suddenly dropped to a gritty whisper, "Only know if I am wrong- I'll sell my soul, myself, to bring her back. We're not young and we're not star-crossed lovers, but she is all I've ever wanted and I will make the same kind of offer Spike is talking about- if I'm wrong."

Whew! You just keep hitting me here. I know he hasn't talked the most really, but Xander is the Rockstar for me up to this point in the chapter. He's been in his own way thinking quickly throughout this story, as far as sort of instinctively knowing when to let loose some dream information, and when to confront Giles and poke info out of him.

"I don't know what happened." Anya pulled back, brushing herself off.
What you said made me so happy. My arms spontaneously reacted."
- Lol, your Anya is pretty great. The mood needed lightening still a little more, and that was perfect.

Hmmm, I haven't read far enough ahead yet, but I wouldn't want to be Travers facing this group down. I know he'll throw them for a bit of a loop at least, but your group is really closer than the one in the show at this point I think.

"Oh, right." Willow hurried over. "Glad you have a window. I hope it's big enough."

"Big enough?" Joyce sat up with Giles' help.

"What took you so long?" an abrasive voice asked. "Bloody narrow ledge. In you get, Slayer."
- I thought this was a cute moment.

"Mortal's honor."
- Hahaha, good one.

Oh!, is that thing with the Queller real. If it was I never made the connection. Great add if it wasnt cannon.

"They'll have addresses and maybe - like case notes or something. If they all come in from the same area, or if they were all found in the same area- we might not only know a name but a place to start searching!"
- Ooooo, smart detective stuff there. I dig that you include all that stuff.

Nice ending there Sweet. Though I did forget how much you can make me hate Travers.(I never really did in the show.) He's a ruiner of good moments.

I dug the chapter, and now I think this makes me actually caught all the way up. I thought I was caught up before, but I had the wrong chapter. We'll see if I'm right if it lets me post this review.

A giganemous Strawberry Daqueri sweating on the arm of your patio chair as you soak up the last of the summer heat.
Redglade chapter 38 . 9/12/2013
Oh, surprise twist! I like it!
KatanaStars chapter 36 . 9/12/2013
Great. One lizard monster was bad enough and now there's another one. Yes, it's going after different targets this time but still. Poor Spike, I can imagine him running all over the place following Joyce's orders. I hope she stops having those "episodes" soon. And hooray for Xander for buying the ring _
skeezixx chapter 32 . 9/7/2013
Worried about Joyce not waking up, even though Giles has seen a happy ending.

Liked the interaction between Spike and Willow. Those two are always fun together, aren't they?

My favorite part of this chapter was definitely the conversation Spike and Buffy had about her decision to stay away from her mom to protect her. I just love the honesty, rawness, and understanding between these two.
skeezixx chapter 31 . 9/7/2013
I really loved this part of the chapter . . .

"I know what it's like to kill 'cause you love it." Buffy winced. "I know what it's like to do it 'as a hobby'." . . . . He didn't let her apologize. "I've been a mad dog killer, and I've been helpless. That's why I know what you are. It's not either of those things."

It was so sweet of Spike to say that.
Sirius120 chapter 37 . 9/7/2013
For a "bridge" chapter, this certainly carries a lot of emotional weight. The scene between Giles and Joyce is heartbreaking, although it serves to connect Giles, Buffy and Spike through this shared experience of suffering. And if you notice, Spike is motivated into art snob mode, not for Buffy, but really for Giles and Joyce. He doesn't recall the pain of caring for his sick mother; he recalls the pain of being rejected, countless times, by his insane lover. He acts out of empathy for the grieving spouse, not the grieving child. The big bad is changing indeed.

I wish I could have seen more of the antics at the gallery. I'm sure they would have been highly amusing. I'll have to go find a clip of Anya's capitalist dance now.
Sirius120 chapter 36 . 9/7/2013
Hmmm, so this chapter was definitely an interlude. Transitioning to a battle with the queller perhaps? I just hope they get to enjoy a real Thanksgiving dinner beforehand. Give them some quality time together to regenerate their strength and resolve for what's coming with Glory. Although its been nice to see the few interactions here and there, feeding the familial bonds, as it were.
934 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »