Reviews for What Makes a Man
Caethel chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I really like this you're giving a new twist to the crossover having them be set in the same universe which is nice. Yay for slash in this I always feel that this crossover it just screaming slash and cant wait for more :)
zerofiran chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
really nice :)
cjewellm chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Interesting. Please update soon.
litlittledragon chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I vote for slash and hope you will finish the story. I'm curious whether Harry is the master of death in this story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Damn. I really like where this is going! The story has a good flow to it, and it's entertaining to read.
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I love it! I really like all the little additions, especially where Hermione tries to teach the others to act like Muggles, and I love your interpretations of Harry and Luna.

Brilliant so far, can't wait for the next chapter :)
Ireadtomuch chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
well you have effectively captured my attention. I can't wait to read more.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Overall, I liked it very much! I don't mind slash (I'm a big fan of Harry/Tony myself) so whichever way you go I'll keep on reading. However, there are a couple of issues that I feel you need to address:

1) Harry, at age 18, enrolling in a Master's program. It would never happen. Ever. You need a bachelor's, which requires a high school education and sitting for the SATs (or A-Levels). Harry, having stopped Muggle education at age 11 wouldn't know or have the necessary qualifications. Even if Gringotts had forged the necessary paperwork, you'd be just starting undergrad at age 18. Even fast-tracking, unless you're a certified genius or something, the youngest I've seen is 16/17, and that's rare.

2) Harry might not mind paying for everyone's vacations, but they certainly wouldn't take him up on it. At least, not entirely, and not with so little arguments. And I am also assuming any shopping that was done, it was done using Harry's money as well (you don't specify, so I'm assuming, since it's canon that Ron certainly doesn't have the funds to spend shopping for gadgets), and that also wouldn't fly. Ron has pride, and even if he got over whatever jealousy he felt at Harry's wealth, he wouldn't just let Harry buy everything for him. As for Hermione, she has two parents who are dentists - she could - and would - likely pay for some of it, and same for Neville and Luna.

3) Although you clarified that Harry leaving wasn't sitting well with most people, it's not like Harry to surprise and hurt Ginny by announcing his departure in public (rather than telling his girlfriend in person). Nor would Ron sit back and allow him to treat Ginny like that.

4) Teddy. Sure, Andromeda has custody, but Harry wouldn't just take off, at least not without talking everything over with her. Harry knows how important it is for him to be in Teddy's life (having known of Neville being cowed by his strict grandmother and his promises to Remus and Tonks). He wouldn't just dismiss his godfather duties, not without coming up with ways to keep in touch with Teddy or something.

5) Speaking of colleges, Harry didn't even apply or anything - he went straight from a cruise to Boston. It's not that easy to apply for universities outside of your country, and applications take months to process. You could just say he was planning on applying, since that certainly would make more sense.

That's all for now. I know it seems like I picked on a lot, but I really do like this story and simply want it to be as good as it can be. Nothing ruins a really good premise like implausible scenarios and discarded canon (at least not without good reason). I look forward to what you have next!
Shadowed Voices chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
This is interesting, Madam Overlady. I cannot wait to read more of it. Good luck with the updating.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
It's not that I mind slash, but I hate when people change other characters sexual orientation.

Such as making Harry, Wolverine, Tony Stark or any of the more heterosexual characters gay. It not only makes the story unreadable, but it makes me angry at the disrespect.

So if it's gonna be slash, write the pairing in the summary so nobody has an unpleasant surprise. Or make it normal, slash is so mainstream
Alec McDowell chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Interesting start to this; Harry as a reporter is a new idea for this crossover. Looking forward to seeing how the Avengers might actually want to talk to him; Tony may ham it up but he doesn't actually trust any reporter and the rest want to run and hide from the public eye.

Not so sure how Harry is going straight from 7 years out of muggle schooling to a master's program. Shouldn't he at least get a bachelor's degree first?
Sinclairum chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Wow, I'm a little surprised that you wrote a crossover as your first story! But in a completely good way of being surprised! I've always had the impression that crossovers are really hard to write so i'm quite amazed at your ability.
Anyway, as far as first chapters go, i think this was a brilliant start and i love the concept of Harry as a journalist since it is quite an unusual idea.
I look forward to the coming interaction between Tony and Harry and shall be waiting for your next chapter.
ErikArden chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Couple things. First, I'm assuming this is slash, which if it is, i probably won't be back. Have nothing against it, I just don't enjoy reading it and the story had no tag.

Second, Harry doesn't have a bachelor's degree which is a pre-req for getting into a masters program. I know that Gringots could have "fixed" that for him in the paper-trail, but it wouldn't help him any with the work needed once he got there.

Those two points aside the writing is pretty well done and I'm extremely curious where it's going and how Harry being a journalist will get him mixed into the Avengers stuff.

ErikArden
exaigon chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Oh Harry you should know by now that the universe can throw nasty things at you...

I can't wait for the next chapter!
vampirediarieslover123 chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
update soon please i like this story
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »