Reviews for Direction: Disaster
Duckie chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
D: Dang, you went there. Lina, you are fearless! I never could have done anything like this. I've only read the first Hunger Games book but you instantly drew me in with this sense of urgency, and I was right there with them. You're really good at that-your openers are always very strong!

I especially liked: "A voice at the back of his mind whispering that no, don't. Pharaoh, he thinks for one relieved heartbeat before it's gone and he's left with the cold realisation that it's just him now." It just says so much, and in the context of the story, just gave me chills!

Great story, and thank you for writing this!

Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker
OxEyed chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Oh geez I was not prepared for this. The Hunger Games is one things, but it's different when you've formed an emotional attachment to EVERY SINGLE PARTICIPANT. I swear, the whole time I was reading this I was either squirming or getting all my feelings ripped out of my chest.

That being said, I thought this was very good and it was a very intriguing read. I'd say I want a sequel, but I don't know if I could handle the rest of the cast getting picked off one by one, haha. Well done!
Ziven chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Very, very, *very first reaction*: hOMG HUNGER GAMES x YUGIOH UNIVERSE I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU. CAN I MAKE LOVE TO YOU PLEASE?

This was really ...dark. XD I'm not sure how else to describe my reaction.

Every other moment I was gasping and sighing. "Noooo. Oh, no, I know what's gonna - nuuu! T_T" I guess is how I would re-enact it.

This story kept me on my toes, and it's so different from the other entries I've read so far. I liked it a lot, and although dark isn't my thing it was nice to see something like this amongst the entries for this pairing. It's so intense. I can't emphasize that enough - and it's a good thing.

If nothing else, it put me in the mindset of the original manga, where Mokuba was a little dipsh*t playing Russian Roulette. It's not how I prefer to remember him, but it's how he was and this gave me a tragic sense of nostalgia about it. This wasn't the same as the manga, by any means, but it sort of made me step back and take a look at the darker parts of the fandom that I tend to avoid. Quite refreshing, really.

...it's really hard for me to review this without seriously fangirling. Part of me feels like, "Alright, review this via your standard rubric" and the other part is like, "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER". You're making this *hard* for me. Very hard. I just... I just... asljkad;ljafdlfdl;

I just feel like this should be a thing. Like you should make this a thing and do it. That's what I think. Even if you remove the Chibishipping bits and re-construct it, this should totally be something more than just a one-shot. It's really remarkable. I never would have thought of combining them this way.

So far as actual criticism, I think that there are some paragraphs that I would break up a little bit that's just about it. Your diction and syntax rather lend to the chaos and panic of what's happening in the story, and I don't think it would be in anyone's best interest to not assume that you did everything here on purpose. XD

Oh, this was such an awesome entry, really. It's really great. I loved it so much. Good job, and good luck!