Reviews for Set Yourself on Fire
Tanon chapter 18 . 8/2/2013
"A Plasma member in all black fiddled with their Crosstransceiver but didn't even look up as Delaney walked by."

Just a really awkward sentence I found (especially in the context of the story).

I have to admit that I don't remember much of this story (I guess it's what happens when you stop reading for 5 months or so), so I'm a little lost, but I think I can still see where the main plot is going. The whole waiting for Delaney bit seemed a little disorganised, but again, I could just be wrong and my memory just hates me.

That being said, I'm looking forwards to any future updates. Keep writing!
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 17 . 7/4/2013
Okay, so I'm rather ashamed that it's taken me this long to read this far, and I wasn't going to comment until I finished everything that's posted, but it's only one more chapter so I'll just say this before I completely forget it.

So, this has been quite a wild ride so far, and I certainly wasn't expecting more than half the twists and turns you've introduced. I'll admit that at times, it's been confusing to remember the new gym leaders and probably would have been more helpful to have left the originals just so it would be easier to follow, though I know that wouldn't really fit in too well with the timeline you're using, so it isn't too bad.

I admit I've been slightly disappointed with the lack of Pokemon to show up so far. Yeah, once in a while we'll see Perry or something, or even a battle if we're lucky, but there's been a bit of a distinct lack of them otherwise... moreso than the original story, if I recall. On that note, though, I really loved the scene with the four trainers standing outside the museum with their teams ready to defend them in this chapter. I don't often get emotional when I read, but just something about that little bond of loyalty makes me smile every time.

Also, I'll admit I honestly expected that girl from Dewford's cave (Jenna, was it?) to be with Ben and Anna's group and for something to happen there. I was really surprised to see she was genuinely just showing them out of the cave, which was nice; it's pretty common to use that innocent-looking character as a cover for a trick, to the point where a reader actually expects her to turn on them and is just sitting there anticipating when it will happen. To see that she ended up being genuinely kind was a twist in itself, and that was really refreshing. I did also half expect her to turn up at the Nacrene resistance or something too and I'm a little sad she hasn't, but maybe she will, it's not over yet.

And a final note, I just introduced a character named Wyatt myself, before I'd actually read this, so I hope you don't think I copied it (because I try not to use too many names I've seen elsewhere - another reason I've got Shadow keeping his nickname so far).

I guess you're busy with all your classes and whatnot lately, though I find it odd how I seem to have stopped receiving PMs from five people all at once, and I'm getting lonely... but now I'm getting off-topic. I'm going to go and read 17 now, may or may not review. In the event I don't, then I hope you're doing well with all your schoolwork. I seem to recall you saying you overloaded yourself with work this term.

Seren
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 18 . 5/3/2013
Good chapter. Mostly transition stuff but it seems like a lot will be going down in the next one. I really liked how you put some of Cyrus' perspective in this chapter. It certainly helps characterize him a bit. Good luck on the next chapter.
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 17 . 3/15/2013
Really interesting chapter, your approach to battles is very interesting. When I read the whole hand to hand combat I was thinking a brawl type approach but this reads more as an all out war. It's very gripping. I see that the sewer level is up next, bet the "resistance" is a trap though. Good luck with the next chapter.
Gentle Blossom chapter 17 . 3/15/2013
Dang... It sure has been awhile since I've read and reviewed Set Yourself on Fire. These past three days just reading where nice. A lot has happened since then. First of all, Nick. I knew that guy was fishy! *sigh* Its always the cute one who turn out to be utter ( excuse my french) assholes. And Sawyer liking Del, that was not really surprising to me since I've had a hunch. Now I wonder when Sawyer will confess his undying love to her. Also, Dax: it's great to see him. I just love his antics.
The flying scene with everyone in the back was pretty hilarious. And your battles scenes are detailed and very decent, as per usual.
All in all, I cannot wait to see what happens next!
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 16 . 2/25/2013
A great start to the invasion. I sure hope poor Cynthia's alright. It's going to be very interesting to see how this progresses as this next segement is going to be quite a departure from your typical writing scenarios. The fact that hand to hand combat will be just as important as pokemon battles is going to be a very interesting element in the next few updates. Good luck with the next chapter!
ej92 chapter 16 . 2/24/2013
And so the Unova Arc starts eh?

Oh dear, looking at the chapter here, this arc isn't going to be pretty for them... I can't wait to see what happens next though! Keep up the good work. )
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 15 . 2/5/2013
Sheesh, sorry this review is so late. This is really getting interesting now that an invasion is about to happen. So far we've had a lot of character interaction within a friendly safe enviroment, I wonder how a battlefield will affect the frienships between the characters. Really can't wait for the next chapter.
Manakete King chapter 15 . 2/1/2013
Well, with a reality like that happenning, your 'tardiness' on updating is more than validated, and your logic is sound. I am excited to see how you plan to 'wage war' on the teams, as with Gotta Steal Them All, we have assassins and thieves, with minimal pokemon battles. I've also read a few stories where we basically have pokemon death matches, so my interest on how you run things is high. Anyway, see you next update. Later.
Maddiepink5 chapter 15 . 1/31/2013

I don't remember how long it's been since I reviewed, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't comment on the last on, which in that case I'm glad i never quite got on the Nick and Malonie train. The fire part was a bit off to me- I'm not really sure if that was necesary- but I digress, most definitely an enjoyable chapter.

Anyway...

DELANEY/SAWYER CONFIRMED?!
In my mind anyway.
So that's how you make your reader's day, congratulations, you win the first prize.
In addition, I was entirely endeared by Steven in there. I have a sort of fetish for sleepy guys, as weird as that sounds. The ones that act strong and tough in particular, it's just always so adorable in my mind. The fact that he has grey hair kinda just makes the picture perfect in my head.
There was kinda lot going on here though? When she came back and saw them all, particularly. You could do with some slow down, some general hellos, no need to rush. otherwise this is most certainly a fun and satisfactory chapter. Though I'm certain what's to come will be very, very enthralling. Waiting on it!
Reaver72 chapter 15 . 1/30/2013
Nice chapter! Can't wait to see where you're going to take the war in Unova. And Sawyer liking Delaney is an interesting development too.
Tanon chapter 14 . 1/9/2013
Mmmm...the language certainly has upped itself a notch. The last two chapters have been, I guess, the start of the action, which I don't mind at all, haha. I am a little confused as to why Rhea was so sure that they were going to kill Steven in that battle, but I guess optimism and whatnot.

However, chapter 11(Untamed) did feel a little weaker. The scene where Delaney made up (somewhat) with Jackson was written well, but it just seemed really set up, especially with Atticus' excuse to leave. Not sure what your intention with Dax and Annette is going to be, but this is going to be the first time Delaney sees Dax in person in the present tense, am I right?

Last few lines have certainly set things up well.
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 14 . 1/7/2013
Wow, lots of revelation in this chapter as well as a decent battle. I must say, I know you hate writing battling scenes but this one was quite good.
Reaver72 chapter 14 . 1/7/2013
Wow! Didn't see that coming. Well, I saw the Nascence being up to no good coming, but not going directly after Cyrus so soon. I can't wait to see where you take the rest of the story.
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 13 . 1/1/2013
Seems like things are really coming to a head. Bet you anything Jackson's going to accidenally set off the Nascence group inadvertently.