Reviews for Brother Black
MissAuChocolat chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Wow. That was just... Wow. I really loved that. You seem to have put Lots of work in this One. It was really Great, i cant even really Express it in english and im Not Too sure if it Would be easier in German. Right now I'll Check Out your other stories. Thanks for this wonderful Story.
percychased chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
This was beautiful. Just beautiful.

First of all, I'd like to say that I don't read a lot of Black fics. But this was just wonderful. It was long, though, but in a way that worked because it seemed like a whole story.

I like the part of the pureblood women 'becoming a woman' - great little detail. It seems like something that would happen.

'They were liberating.' What a perfect word for that. Liberating.

This was just fantastic, and I can hardly put into words how much I enjoyed this. Keep on writing. :)
elemout chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I have to say that I was a little wary of an OC sibling inserted into the Black family, however this was a well-done one-shot glimpse into pureblood lives and arranged marriages (and the allowance of some "fun" before marriage was interesting). I liked Andy and Perseus was okay, a but Gary Stu-ish since the only person who changes because of him is Andromeda and he barely has an interaction or impact on the others (I thought that introducing a brother for the Black sisters would lead to some ripple effect of change on all three). Anyway, your writing is quite lovely and I found the ending where Sirius lets Andy know that he too wants to be like her very bittersweeet.
bluemacaroons chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This is so fabulous I feel like I don't even have words to describe how much I loved it. I have to be completely honest; before I read it, I have to admit I was preparing myself to not love it. But, I do, and it's fabulous and great, and I wish I had your talent.

I really love how it was written in small parts over time, and they developed into the bigger picture. And also, Perseus is a great character! Mind you, all the characters were well developed and had great depth to them, even though sometimes they weren't in much of the story. For example, Pricilla Nott, she only said about one thing but the way Perseus talked about her, gave me the idea of her being annoying and not a great person to be around.

Overall, LOVE it. I honestly don't have any other words or ways to describe how good this is. (:
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
This was amazing and it left me wanting to read more about Perseus! I do hope you do write a short spin-off about him that night, the least we know, makes us intrigued! I loved the dedication you had with this piece. From the name of Perseus, to the Pureblood traditions and lifestyle, it seemed so Victorian era to me somehow...maybe, I liked that. The beginning, I must say was my favorite, see how the pureblood married off their children and made it official with a girl's first period. At times, I felt Perseus was a bit mature when he was a child but I realized that well he had to grow up pretty quickly in a family like his, made me understand him and really care for this O.C. of yours. Also favorite part had to be the girls playing wedding it was a calm before the storm, lovely touch :) and excellent work on this.

Much love!

00982374-deactivated chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
I've read so many good stories through the HPFC Showcase, and this was no exception. I just love the idea of Andromeda having a twin, and there were times where I couldn't help but think Perseus was canon. I want to know what happened to Perseus so badly, so I'm going to stalk your profile page for that spin-off you said you were writing in the author's note and if it's not there, then I'll continuously check it. Anyway, back on topic, I adored when Andomeda, Bellatrix and Narcissa played wedding, it was really sweet, and it showed that Bellatrix wasn't always animalistic and sardonic and that once upon a time, they were all children. I love your characterizations here, Andromeda was so strong, holding herself together as she burnt herself off the tapestry. And Ted was really accepting, following Andromeda's plans just like that, it showed that he truly loved her. Then came Sirius. Sirius is my favourite character, and you've really fleshed him out here. He seemed so innocent and young here, trusting Andromeda with everything because Andy was his favourite cousin.

This was amazing, favouriting now.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
*I'm not crying, I'm not crying... okay forget that, I'm crying.*
This was amazing. I'm normally not a fan of OC-siblings inserted into a canon family, but Perseus just felt so /real/ that at some points I even forgot that he wasn't canon...
I loved that he was brave enough to admit to Andy that he liked boys (no, loved Lorenzo) and to stand up to his father, though his death was truly heartbreaking.

Your headcanon for the Blacks is great, they would bethroth their children when they're baby's and the 'becoming a woman' thing making the arrangements official sounds like them too. It's very medieval and very /Black/.

I like the scene where the girls were playing wedding, they were still so innocent and loving towards each other

I also like that Andromeda finally found her courage to break free and she passed on the 'torch of rebellion' to Sirius. It showed great character that she blasted herself of the tapestry.

I was lenghty, but I loved every bit of it and read it all in one go. Definitely going into my favourites!
my insides are blue chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Whoa. This is absolutely amazing. I loved the idea of Andromeda having a twin, and honestly, I loved Perseus. He was brave, inspiring and you did a great job with him. It broke my heart when he was taken away by Cygnus and he died. But in the end, it was because of him that Andromeda built up the courage and finally stood up. Tedromeda is one of my favorite canon pairings, because their story has always been an intriguing mystery for me. I think the way you portrayed it here, by adding Perseus to the story is brilliant.

You even managed to describe how cruel the Black family is, and its ancient and unjust traditions. The addition of Sirius was also really cute. :3

Obviously this has to one of my favorite Black family stories ever. So great job!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Oh, wow! This was absolutely amazing! I typically don't like OCs that are introduced into already established families (i.e. Harry's sister, Hermione's twin, etc.) but I rather liked this. I think you handled Perseus very well, and his influence on Andromeda is very well shown. I also like the unique nickname for Andromeda - typically people stick with Andy but I liked Meda a lot, and I like your use of it. Your pacing for this piece was also amazing. By principle, I dislike fics that are super long with only one chapter, but you had your pacing well done here and if you had made it multiple chapters, I just don't think it would have worked. Well done! :D
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
This was a really interesting concept - Andromeda having a twin. The twin in question being as rebellious as her too is quite unheard of. I quite like this twist, especially how you managed to keep everything canon as much as possible. I also loved the fact that it was Andromeda who burnt herself off the tree - I think that was a really fascinating idea and it certainly seems to suit what little we know of Andromeda's personality. Excellent job!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Wow. I love this. I usually don't like adding OCs as siblings to canon characters, but this worked perfectly, and I love how he acted as the catalyst for canon. This read so quickly and the dialogue felt realistic. There were some typos, SPaG things, but very few for how long this is. It's brilliant, really. Things you did that were un-cliche: having only Perseus call her Andy, and everyone else call her Meda or Dromeda; having her arranged to marry a Dolohov and not the other Lestrange; Sirius having an active involvement; Andromeda "passing on the torch of rebellion" so to speak from her brother to her through to Sirius... Brilliant work. Amazing.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Oh my merlin this was amazing. I loved reading this. I love Perseus, I love that he and meda are twins and I love the 'becomming a woman' thing haha

I nearly cried when Perseus died (the green eyes dark hair made me think of percy jackson haya) i kind of hoped that maybe he'd escaped and lived with lorenzo...

I love that Andy blasted herself off the tree. That was brilliant.

Amazing job :)
lowi chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Wow. Just wow. Hello new headcanon, goodbye mind.

This was perfect. In every sense - I believe in this so much, right now. Perseus existed yup. Everything played out as it did here yup.

I absolutely adored the beginning of this story, I don't know why, but it was absolutely beautiful and so captivating. I've been reading this over the day, since ive been working, and it's occupied my mind constantly. Fantastic work, in conclusion!
VictoryNike chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Wow. This is absolutely fantastic. The idea that Andromeda could have had a rebellious twin is was intriguing, but the best part is that you managed to sustain your OC and make it really interesting. The best part of this piece is to me was definitely how you showed the relationships between Andromeda, each of her sisters, her brother, Sirius, and Ted and made them all distinct and unique, like real relationships are. I loved how she drew comfort and strength from Perseus and passed it on to Sirius, the next rebel of the Black family. Extremely well done.
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Let me just mentions I’m reviewing this as I read so if I say something that you’d find at the end of the fic, just wait for my reaction :P

First of all, how awesome is the whole twins being born on a different day, in a different month, of a different year! But who is he, who is the boy?

Anyway moving on, I must say I really enjoy a good marriage fic. It’s all so formally done, the decision making of an arranged marriage, when love isn’t like that, cold and business-like. They’re just sitting there discussing it as if it’s perfectly normal. I love seeing the parents making the decision :P

You’ve mentioned the boy again! I want to know who he is… I’m going to keep reading :)

Awwww their playing ‘weddings’! So cute, you create a brilliant family dynamic by the way, you don’t just go for the whole family being cold and horrible just because they’re pureblood. You can tell though that Andromeda is different already, she’d obviously happy to see her sisters happy too. I love your characterisation of young Bella, I can’t wait to see her changing. Hmmm I’ve just thought, where has the boy gone?

I love the slight change of the wedding vows ‘to love and to obey’ nice addition! I think it’s quite sad that they all know who they’re betroved too even Narcissa and Andromeda – particularly as they’re quite young. I’d probably think they were joking if someone told me that at their age.

There he is, that’s an interesting name, Perseus, I wonder whether you’re going to stay Canon, because I’m sure he isn’t canon :\ It’s totally realistic that Bella would tease him, I just want to give him a hug. The twin dynamic is BRILLIANT! I love them! I think maybe sometime they sound a little older than their age, but none-the-less still cute :) The way Andromeda uses her being ‘older’ is pretty awesome though!
Ah and so the rebellion begins… *sigh* finally :P The whole, becoming a woman thing, all the reactions are just as I expected, especially Perseus’, totally boyish! I might point out here, I had to back track slightly to figure out who exactly was talking so you might like to make it a little clearer.

Oh my god: ‘Hm. We get wands next year. I wonder if there's a spell I can use on Priscilla to stop her from doing that.’ THAT’S HILARIOUS! Honestly made my day! It’s sad that people change when they go to Secondary School or Hogwarts in this case. It’s so sad, how upset Andromeda is when she realises that her arrangement is official, I was almost in tears! I love how Andromeda and Perseus can share, how she loves Ted and he likes a boy too.

I love the relationship between Ted and Andromeda! You do it so well!

I hate Antonin and I like the way you characterise Andy because far too much have I seen her characterised as a bitch and I know she wouldn’t be like that.

OMG that talk with their father. I love Perseus! He’s brilliant… oh no, what’s happened… no.. I knew it was going to happen but still. Oh my gosh you are a brilliant writer. I loved Perseus’ character, he was brave and was Andromeda’s rock and I’m disappointed that he won’t appear again :( I’m in tears dude… amazing.

Yes she’d doing it. She’s gonna do it! YAY! The determination, the bravery! *squee*

This line: When she visited Grimmauld Place as a child, she was lead to believe that the few scattered burn marks on the tree were abominations, things to be ashamed of. Now, they were beautiful. They were liberating. That’s beautiful. The relationship between Sirius and her; it’s wonderful, brilliant it opens so many doors. Its awesome.

Overall, this was honestly an eloquent and beautiful piece of writing, the characterisation was wondefdful, I laughed and I actually cried too. Fantastic! You deserve this uberly long review :)