Reviews for Root Cause
Sarah chapter 12 . 9/21/2014
Loved it brilliant. ;)
Jane Doe51 chapter 12 . 1/2/2014
Yay ! It ended just like I hope it would from the start : Jane and Lisbon on their first date, with Lisbon wearing the blue dress. Love the whole making out and words of love. And the teasing, too. My favorite part about them !

I so, so love this story ! Thank you so much for writing it and sharing it !
It's just like Jane : not always light-hearted, not always easy on an emotional level...but always beautiful and, in the end, totally worth it. Thank you !
Jane Doe51 chapter 11 . 1/2/2014
Perfect ! Although at first, I was a bit worried, searching for the fluff and not finding it. It was quite the opposite. Lisbon hadn't since Jane since he broke her heart, he hadn't shown up when she was released from the hospital then the errands, the music and the cooking only emphasized her loneliness. And then...then...he was there, having coming around the idea that he loved her and couldn't lie to her about that, no matter what. So beautiful ! Best kiss ever ! Thank you !
Jane Doe51 chapter 10 . 1/2/2014
I'm glad you promised some fluff in the next chapter, because right now my shipper heart is crushed...just like Lisbon's.
My God...for the second time, Jane pretended not to remember his words but this time Lisbon didn't let him off the hook. So, he disguised his words under a friendly meaning, breaking her heart.

RJ's not dead...it wasn't him...God ! I was so hoping it would be him, so Jane could move on with his life, with Lisbon. So was hoping Lisbon.
Silly, Jane ! Can't you see that the quest for RJ is not only yours ? Can't you see it became Lisbon's fight, too, because she cares so much about you ?
Of course, her involvement would scare the hell out of him. He doesn't want to lose her to RJ, this is understandable...

So...how are you gonna solve this mess ?
Jane Doe51 chapter 9 . 1/2/2014
Wow...this...was amazing. I have unshed tears in my eyes right now...it's so moving.
I think the religious stuff reflects exactly Lisbon's views on the matter. And somehow it was so very peaceful...and then the scene in the ambulance, when she collapsed, had a total different tone...it contrasted sharply, it was perfect.
And then when she was unconscious, when she was talking to Cho, I was so feeling like crying...I love your hallucinated Cho, so realistic.
I so love that about Lisbon : she's not afraid to die. But she wants to live. For her. And for Jane. Her mission on Earth is not over. She still has Jane to cared for, hasn't she ?
Jane Doe51 chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
Wow ! Teresa is a fighter ! She really fought with all she was, all she had. For her and for Jane.
So now she has to fight for her life in the same way. For her and for Jane. For their future.
Jane Doe51 chapter 7 . 1/2/2014
Now, we're in full drama mood !
I knew Lisbon would figure the message out and go there, she had to, that's who she is, right ?
But I never expected Jane & RJ to be drinking tea.
Now Lisbon has put herself in danger...and we already know it won't end well for her...which makes the whole story even scarier.
I was so caught up in your chapter that I felt like I couldn't read fast enough. I mean : I was reading a sentence and still willing to be reading the next one at the same moment...do you know the feeling ? It's a bit disturbing, I'll admit.
But...;wow ! How will Lisbon get injured ? What will happen to RJ ? And to Jane ?
This is far more exciting than the 'Red John' episode, you know !
Jane Doe51 chapter 6 . 1/2/2014
Wow ! So the guy is connected with RJ (so I guess Martin isn't RJ...it would have been odd that he died suddenly, just like that). And Lisbon's lie is revealed...;well, it's more holding out the truth than an actual lie, but I can see why Jane would feel betrayed.
But he doesn't indulge in this feeling very long...RJ's message have him scared that he'd come after the team, after Lisbon...
Oh...Lisbon...can't you see you're way more important to him than the team ? Even if he can't bring himself to tell you ?
Where it all began ? Where would that be ? The TV set ? The Malibu house ? Anyway, I'm convinced Jane knows, even if he won't tell Lisbon.
So, Lisbon is going to get injured in a RJ-case...this is gonna be so terrible for Jane !
Do you know how evil you are ? And do you know how much I love that ?
Jane Doe51 chapter 5 . 1/2/2014
Haha ! Even Lisbon agrees that she should wear those dresses on a date ! So I was glad she wore the red one, meaning she still can wear her favorite one...on a date !
And Jane told her to consider this as a date...which i don't think she should do. She should have a proper date with the man ! But it's still a heartwarming comment !
I so love Jane's reaction to Lisbon appearence ! He seems under the spell, I love that !
So, they spotted their suspect...is he the murderer ? will he confess ?
Jane Doe51 chapter 4 . 1/2/2014
wow ! This is RJ-related ! well, that explains the angsty side of this story !
And it certainly explains why the ME didn't want Jane present.
Now Lisbon has to tell him...that's something that broke my heart in the show, each and every time she had to tell him about a RJ case, knowing full well how it would affect her friend. So I really loved that you voiced her thoughts on this subject here.
But now...was Martin RJ ? Somehow, it could make sense. A man who can seduce countless women..that's how I saw RJ (before he was revealed, that is). But will he be this obvious as to wear his own sign on his skin ? I don't know what to think for now...
Very well played !
Jane Doe51 chapter 3 . 1/2/2014
Yay ! Undercover work ! And I love how, under Jane's words, it only seem rational that he and Lisbon were the one involved...Like "sorry, but it has to be us"! Haha !
And I love that he said she and Rigsby were too different...Are we supposed to understand that he and Lisbon are not and they'd match ? They certainly do !
The whole dress-shopping was fun ! I can't wait to read Jane discovering Lisbon in one of those dresses ! (And I'm -not so - secretely hoping that one would be for the job and the second one for a date...a girl can dream, can't she ?)
Jane Doe51 chapter 2 . 1/2/2014
Well, the time jump was needed, to explain the events that led to the predicament Lisbon is in. But it's all also frustrating because I wanted to know what happens to her next. But I'll guess we'll know eventually.

In the meantime, the case really seems interesting. A man, with a wife and a fiancée. And a daughter. But a daughter that called him by his first name, as if he didn't raise her, or something...I definitely want to know more about his case and I totally share Jane's excitement.
It's a great thing that you made up a real, interesting case, and not the shawow of it, as a mere excuse for Lisbon's injury. Very, very, well done !
Jane Doe51 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Wow ! This ! This...I ...I don't have words to tell you how much I love this ! It's amazing ! Lisbon's POV is so, so perfect, so convincing, so moving ! I'm so glad you took the chance to write from her POV (and also because it means she's not dying...).
Your description of Lisbon's pain, Lisbon's willingness to live...was just brillant.
And I so love the last line...one more reason for her to fight for her life.
Wow !
Jayno chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Such an amazing chapter. I love this so much - the description you use of Lisbons fight to stay alive is simply astounding.
matsu23 chapter 12 . 9/25/2012
Aw such a cute epilogue... Really liked this story, it was interesting and sweet. Well done! Looking forward to more of your stories ;)