Reviews for Red Glass
BeautifulHalfBlood chapter 1 . 1/8
That's so sad! I'm really angry at Thor for blaming Loki for it, it reminds me of victim blaming. Poor Loki! It's really well written though!
SakuraSunset68 chapter 1 . 4/5/2015
I thank you with steadfast sincerity for crushing my heart with a two-chaptered Thor fanfic. But don't apologise, you did so astoundingly, and I doubt I will ever be able to remove this masterpiece from my memory.

I am admittedly short on time, so I'm deeply sorry if this review is incoherent/littered with the worst spelling and grammar mistakes known to mankind. But I couldn't leave without praising you exceptional work, for it would be an extreme injustice on my part considering how this affected me so. So I will get to the point.
Your writing style is effortless and fluent, and as a result the story flowed in similar mannerisms. The characters were so like themselves (which, in a way, depresses me more) and I found myself empathetically connected to all of them, though in very different ways. For example, wishing to reward Loki with the biggest hug in the world and the wisdom to be certain of the perfect way to heal his hurting, and on the other hand yearning to smash the living daylights out of Thor for such sheer ignorance. I found myself suffering alongside the sorrowful god of Mischief, sharing Frigga's urgency to correct her previous misunderstandings and mistakes. I cringed with every blow Loki was dealt, both physical and emotional, felt so much anger and unsatisfaction at Thor's "apologies", but a sliver of me feeling sorry for him, one so blind to the obvious pain his brother feels. And not once does he accept the blame. No, first it was the victim's fault, and then when this was no longer an excuse the blame shifted to the alcohol. The desire to hurt his brother for something as trivial as a lost battle with petty thieves was there from the start. The alcohol only caused it to surface. And oh, that made me mad, something a fanfiction hasn't done to me for too long, and for this I praise you.

What I both love and hate about the ending was that it was perfectly, to the point of being heartbreaking, realistic. Not smoothed over with the fantasies of happy endings, because as Loki must accept, things will never be the same again, and there's no point in denying it. Though the majority of my heart yearned for it to turn out okay, I'm so glad you didn't fall prey to the common cliché of "and they all lived happily ever after." Because this is exactly the way life is.
This is incredibly moving and emotionally riveting. Well done, I hope in vain for later chapters.
wir-sind-die-LOKI chapter 2 . 11/28/2014
Love it!
Sand-wolf579 chapter 2 . 9/25/2014
I apologize, for I have read this fic multiple teams, and get chills each and every single time, it's just that good. And yet, I don't think I've reviewed or favorited it, as I should have the first time I read it.

The part of this story where I can feel the emotion most strongly is when Loki is talking to Frigga. It's when he's with his mother that he's not afraid to show his true emotions. It's a shame he can't be like that with Thor

Anyway, great job on the story.
Parnoid chapter 2 . 7/1/2014
God this hurt. It is so exactly like domestic abuse situations pan out.
PeaceHeather chapter 2 . 6/3/2014
Frigga tells him that a real prince would admit fault, so what does he do? Blame the wine. Entitled brat thinks he can do no wrong... I know this is set pre-movie, but I still really want to smack the idiot upside the head.
PeaceHeather chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Ah, yes, blame the victim for not getting out of the way of an unprovoked attack. You are a real piece of work, there, Thor.
Name Salem chapter 2 . 5/6/2014
Wow, I love this story... a shame you did not write more chapters... wonderful!
gorstik chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
please add this into an avengers story? somehow? pretty pleeeeeaaaaasssseeee? This is a really great and well written story by the way. :)
moocow4me chapter 2 . 2/3/2014
Please right more off of this! I love it and it's very well written!
BarbaraGirl chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
asdfghjkl. Omg that was so great I even cried. How could you! Ugh. Now I have to fav this.
The Honorable Arik Novak chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
Nice. I especially like how Thor STILL didn't admit his fault. "The fault is in the wine, Loki: Neither you nor I am to blame." Ouch. This story is especially interesting, since I'm imagining Loki shouting, "Fight me!" from the movie, and Thor saying he wouldn't. Anyway, thank you for the story.
Rachelle Lo chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
The 'breathless laugh' killed me. The ending is quite tragic and all too honest. No fairy tale endings.
cy-grl chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
My heart broke into a million pieces, I think.
Beautiful, beautiful work!