Reviews for The Sound of Silence
Orange3WhiteSkew chapter 1 . 4/23
Interesting having Mary as well as John unable to verbalize.
So1Thought chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
OHMYGOD.
FEMININE TEARS ARE WELLING OUT OF MY EYES.
IT'S SO - ARHIEKSFGAKRZ
LIKE ALSQCHJEVFKGACN
AND LKGSHFDCIRSYNKGDBHKNFV.
ksjgudnivlumvdn joglicanogvoi
YNO9IHGVFEOWGIURONONUOERKNMBLHTRNVSODZUNO9HSLKMNHFSODLUHMVLKFD
OHMYGOD I would kudos this so hard if this were AO3.
Deinokos chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
I would like to quote John and say...Amazing.
Dontblink chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
Wha what? How could you leave this as a one shot!
I really liked this. I would've loved to see this get more chapters.

Nice touch how John's first word after three years is "amazing"
BlueStarMusicGeek chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
Beautiful story.
NarutoRox chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
I love this! It's so sweet and sad, and positively lovely. Wonderful and very emotional, as well as very well-written. :)
64teeth chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Amazing! And it truly is:-) very unique and original too, deep and beautiful :-)
SwimmerGirl0726 chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Love this! Every time!
SueMiller chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I liked it :)
Ballykissangel chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
This was absolutely amazing! Brilliant and fantastic writing and imagery! I can't describe how much I loved this. I can actually see it happening like you described.

And I especially loved, "They develop a new communication system, faster than sign language, and especially tailored for high speed chases and illegal break-ins. It's mostly just reading each other's body language, which they're both alarmingly good at, but mixed in with quasi-military signals and semaphore for long distances."

And I almost cried at the end when John said "Amazing"

Thank you for writing this. May I add this fantastic story to the Sherloxk non slash community?

-Bally
magentacr chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
This is just beautiful and amazing! Funnily it's the second mute John fic I read today, though it's very different from the other. And I can kind of relate. I lost my voice once, like properly lost it, not just horse. No matter how hard I tried no sound would come out, and it lasted weeks. At first I kept testing it, but it gets to a point where you just get used to it, and almost don't expect it to come back, and then when it does it's a miracle. So yeah, this one really touched me.
Dr.B.Damned chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Oh goodness this is beautiful! And it's such an unusual idea - a really nice change from all the limps and nightmares and stuff. I love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
u Yay!
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
There are a lot of minor punctuation and grammatical errors ("Can't in fact, say anything," "Who said: 'yes...'", "completely stoical," etc.), and while your meaning is still clear, they disrupt the flow of the narration. The progression was excellent, though, and you covered John's thoughts and the complexity of a seemingly simple problem in startling detail. While I expected something like the ending, the precise context was clever and unexpected.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
I thought this was awesome. I'm so glad it didn't take the cliched route that as soon as John knows Sherlock is okay, he can magically speak again, but rather it took time, took frustration, it wasn't all just suddenly okay.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »