Reviews for Absolutely Bonkers
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Oh, this was just adorable. What a pretty moment between two wonderful characters, you did an excellent job sticking true to their personalities and their reactions to being cooped up under the Fidelius.

Great job!

-Olivia
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This was cute, but I didn't really feel like you did a whole lot to distinguish their characterizations. I also was a bit confused about the circumstances surrounding this scene. I would have liked a bit more narration.
Clarinetier chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Great piece, I loved the banter, and the dancing, it seemed so normal to do and not something you would expect from a couple in hiding. It wasn't angst-ridden or drama-crazy, just James and Lily, just the way I like it. :-)
RodentFace chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Actually, a bubble-head charm would NOT work because that would only protect his head. Besides the obvious flaw in that plan, he'd run out of oxygen and suffocate, human bodies are constantly pumping blood and other bodily fluids which is a LOT of pressure (not sure exactly how much exactly). Coincidentally, it's the same amount of pressure that earth's atmosphere puts on us. In outerspace, there's no such pressure therefore we'd explode without a rocket/space suit.
Now that I've sufficiantly bored you to death, cute story.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Lily and James... enough said. And present-tense writing as well! Ah, that is so risky (though probably not for you), because for me it is terribly difficult to write, as I always revert to past-tense verb usage and it ends up being an utter mess. Already you've one-up-ed me, though that's not particularly a bad thing! Sorry for the wait on this and your others by the way, as I've been with and without a computer at randoms times throughout the Summer so far (and probably to come). But here I am now, so there's no need to fear! It's so good to come back to the familiar place of your writing.

("Er, Lils? You told me I was absolutely bonkers just yesterday, remember? Said it was a mad idea to fly to the moon on a broomstick, I'd suffocate, and that I was absolutely bonkers for considering it.") Oh gosh. This whole statement right here is just completely /James/. Though I do suspect that Sirius might be behind or in-front of encouraging this trick. Needless to say it's a very Marauders thing of him to do - always full of brawn, never enough brain! But we love him for it anyways, don't we? His idea to try the bubble head charm... I see reason behind that. Though the whole, saltwater debate with freshwater (or was that gillyweed?) might toughen it out a bit.

("I'm married to a lunatic," she moans.) /Now/ truer words have never been spoken. But there must be some reason she decides to keep him around, right? Or... maybe not. But the whole tone of the piece so far (what is it, two paragraphs?) Is everything that is Jily, and you still write them (and everyone else for that matter) remarkably well.

(I was wondering why this––" she gestures to the room at large "––this… sitting isn't driving you up a wall.") And now the first sentence that Lily speaks makes sense. Do you notice how you do that? Make things make sense? Oh, this review is turning out very unprofessional and for that I am sorry. But it's true. I feel a little bit for Lily there.

(most Wizarding children don't attend any sort of primary school.") Good thing you said most. Because I have a strong head!canon that most of the NextGen students were sent to primary school, even though that is about thirty years into the future. And possibly some Trio Weasleys, because I can't help but feel Arthur would be curious...

("So you're telling me that it isn't driving you up a wall that you never get to ride your broom?") I definitely felt James's wince with him, even though for some reason that a wince sounds wrong for that part. That is a really soft spot from what I can tell about him. Quidditch is something he is clearly passionate about, take all of his teenage life for example. And though he may not be as enthused as Oliver, he still definitely would be bothered by it. Especially if the broom-trip-to-the-moon is any indicator. Even if it's just in his fantasies that it happens. Because that shows some real longing.

(I barely made it though our wedding without seriously injuring myself!") Guffaw. I believe it, only because I see James as being the smooth talker and dancer combined.

("There's no music!" Lily points out.) When has that ever stopped anyone!

("That I'm lucky enough to have you.) D'aww. A very in-character statement, in my opinion. And Lily's that follows, about him being stubborn, is also a million times true. Your Jily, quite amazing.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
So let me start by saying I really love the title. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Speaking of which, make me want to watch that movie and quite possibly listen to all the Disney related songs from movies when I was growing up.

Eh, sorry, got off topic there for a moment. Back to the review. Have I told you how much I love Lily/James? Well, I do. A lot.

I really love James' reply to Lily's question at the beginning. I can completely see him wanting to do that.

The explanation of him not being bonkers was great. I always wondered if Purebloods attended some sort of school before Hogwarts. Your explanation makes sense; they probably think they're too good for Muggle schools.

"You know I can't dance. I barely made it though our wedding without seriously injuring myself!" - Haha. I just couldn't help myself, I laughed. I can just picture Lily trying not to harm herself at their wedding.

Overall, I really, really adored this. :D
JessandDarcy chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
This is really good!
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Gosh, this was terribly sweet! I love that you focused on a time in their lives that's not written as often: when they were captive - you're right, it must have been terribly boring for them to be stuck in their house all the time, and I bet James *did* drive Lily bonkers! The dancing and bit at the end was really cute, too :) Lovely fic, thanks for sharing!