Reviews for Locket
Lokken.8 chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Nice little flashback!
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
North,
Thank you for the bit that was left out of DH. Ron mentioned it, but not as detailed as this. It was great that the Snatchers didn't have much brain power. Outstanding.
FoM
NoTagBacks chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I like the fight scene. It shows Ron's thinking process, his ability to think quick and improvise, and also the ineptness of the snatchers.

The snatchers seem to be very Crabb and Goyle-like in their intelligence, style, and abilities. Did they go through Hogwarts? Did they make it through? Crabbe and Goyle were, I believe, the only neanderthals in Harry's year, but the number of inept snatchers implies that there have been more in previous school classes (I assume there's lots, otherwise it's an INCREDIBLE coincidence that Ron happened on five of them at night in a remote wood). Was the percentage of thugs and ne'er-do-wells higher in earlier Hogwarts classes, or were the classes larger (prior to Voldemort's first reign of killings). Or are there a lot that never go to magic school and stay home to work the family farm.

I know the magical population question has been debated numerous times before. I lapsed into it thinking about the apparent ready availability of bunches of dim-witted snatchers. Sorry for the tangent that didn't really refer to your story. I liked it - Ron's ping-ponging thoughts about Hermione show how jumbled-up his thought process had become from the locket's influence.
GirlWithTheStars chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Is this a one-shot? If you're planning on NOT making it a one-shot, I understand, but PLEASE WRITE MORE! I beg of you!

I love Ron's internal battles, how he's slightly mad from the locket. And, you may have noticed, Ron is not very nice to Harry in the book (even apart from their argument and without the locket). Perhaps he should realise later he's being a little unfair?
Anyway, I will reveiw more later, as Apple's touch screen keypads are annoying.
Keep writing!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Good one shot, well written
Ulin chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
A really good Introspection about Ron I really like the way he notices his surroundings as a good tactician (even if he is not the best a quick thinking, he knows how to make a strategy)
napchic chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Oh, my ample arse, if this line isn't post-tent Ron in a nutshell, I'll eat a bug...

"I have to keep her safe.
Even if I'm keeping her safe for Harry."

Heart. Broken.

And the esses, and knowing when your audience won't appreciate the joke and "knowing" Danny who gravely needs a sock change...

Funny, resourceful, quick-witted, broken, self-loathing, imperfect, perfect Ron. My God, I love him.

Well done :)
iwright chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
The best and worst of Ron Weasley in one quick chapter. Nicely done.
MelGinnylover chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Although I must say I not as convinced with this piece as I normally am with all your works. I still liked it. A detailed review has already been given and my thought are already putforth by the reviews. Your writing and your characterization never ceases to amaze me. though I must say I never thought Ron could have such discussions within his mind. I still believe Ron usually acts first and thinks later. it explains his ranting on running away however wen threatened I never expected such a planned out escape. I am not sure if you justified your brilliance in characterization in the last part.
einfach so chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I really like your story. I was always sad that we couldnt see how Ron felt after leaving, and I think you created wonderful scenes. Good Job!
Michael Ho chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
A terrific creation of a crucial, unseen moment from Deathly Hallows. Again, you pick up on details and build from them possibilities that make really good sense in expanding our understanding of the characters. So, Ron didn't know why Harry dumped Ginny (unlikely, I think, but definitely still possible, considering how tight-lipped Harry is about some things), and in his Horcrux-induced panic imagines that Harry had cleared the way for him and Hermione to get together? Crazy, but in the context of the story, it makes perfect sense. Some wonderful, inventive writing as Ron, thinking fast, uses Danny against the other Snatchers. And that bit towards the end-"I should pay more attention to the places Hermione takes us. I should pay more attention to Hermione. I should pay more attention"-just heartbreaking and beautiful. Once again. bravo.
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
This was so good. Ron's anger, confusion regret and doubt are portrayed beautifully. I love the conversation he is having in his head. Great approach.

The Snatchers were suitably threatening and, as Ron told Harry when they are finally reunited, stupid. Except maybe for 'can't pronounce his esses', but he has a lot of surrounding stupidity to try and control. This time, it got away from him, thankfully for Ron.

Even though the story doesn't include the time Ron stays with Bill and Fleur, the reader can feel what a time of angst and frustration it will be for him. Seemingly, as far as canon goes, his fears about Harry and Hermione being a couple are mostly dispelled, but even so, his jealousy would always just be below the surface. The locket really did a job on him.

Lesley
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I love this r and h are my favourite characters as i have said before. This missing moment is so ron so much an example of why he should not put himself down. I know they were not very bright but it takes someone clever to turn five people against each other that quickly. In some ways ron is as much if not more of a genius than hermione as they both have their own strengths. In this situation i could see hermione panicing a little but ron keeps a clear head.
Thirst4light chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Ohh..I loved it. How come no one thought of writing this background scene of DH? Thank you for writing brilliant one from you.