Reviews for Treading Water
Magenta-Skye chapter 3 . 1/25
This was beautifully written, I enjoyed this and love how this was paced. :)
Sideshow Cellophane 26 chapter 3 . 9/22/2012
Yay! It's finished! I'm sorry for the late response. School's killing me too . . . XP

"You might not think you're a hero. And you might not think that anyone else thinks you're a hero. But I think you're a hero. You're my hero."

Gilligan's head snaps up and his eyes widen. Mary Ann's smiling up at him, genuinely. Before he can react, Mary Ann is up on her toes, one hand pulling on his hand, the other pressing against his chest as she draws herself up taller to press her lips quickly to his.

-This is my favorite part in the story! I love the fact that Gilligan FINALLY realizes she loves him.

Looking forward to more!
-Sideshow
Matthew White chapter 3 . 9/14/2012
Don't you just hate it when RL (grad school) gets in the way of writing? *grin*

You really have a handle on the MAG relationship. You capture both of them beautifully. I truly enjoy stories that portray Gilligan not to be completely inept where woman are concerned as well as him being able to use some of the skills he would have learned in the Navy.

I can see Gilligan wanting to hone his swimming skills after failing to save Mary Ann, and as Teobi pointed out, he was able to save Kalani.

"No, you didn't. You know that people panicking is dangerous, right?" Gilligan nods glumly and Mary Ann takes one of his hands in hers. "But you still jumped in anyway. That's real bravery. You thought about me before you thought about yourself."

We all know that Gilligan would risk his life for anyone, but when Mary Ann is in trouble, nothing could stop him.

Awwwww! It dosen't get any better than that. She loves you, Gilligan! Pay attention now!

I can't say enough except, thanks for another great story!
Sci-fi Christian chapter 3 . 9/14/2012
Very sweet! Loved this chapter! Great MAG moments! :D
tomboy author chapter 3 . 9/14/2012
Yay I am sooooooo happy Jwood. I am in love with MAG. You have just made my day. Please keep up the MAG stories, they are brilliant. MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG MAG.

Please keep up the stories with this sweet couple. I just loved this. I also loved Irving. I love it when Gilligan introduces Marry Ann to his little Island friends.

I could so see this actually happening on the island. You have done a great job once again.

Your an insperatio to us MAG fans.

tomboy author out
Teobi chapter 3 . 9/13/2012
I apologize for the crazy delay in reviewing! I mean, I don't usually make you wait for four whole hours. I've been babysitting a sulking little dog all day. The dramatics are just getting funnier and funnier. OY. Dogs and toddlers. o.O

Anyway, wonderful to see an update at last! Been waiting a long time- didn't want to pressure you now you're a bonafidey student/hipster :)

So, on we go with Things I Loved and Adored about chapter 3!

A few days after 'How To Be A Hero', and Gilligan's (understandably) in one of his moods. 'His palms cut forcefully through the water with every stroke. He has every reason to be upset and it's all her fault.

She watches him take out his aggression on the water, swimming back and forth across the lagoon in perfect military laps.' - Uuuuuuuuh. His aggression. Forcefulness. His ego's been bruised and now he's unstoppable! We like that.

. He swims across the lagoon, straight under the waterfall, and somersaults. - He's so AGILE! I've gone all wibbly!

. Like a torpedo. OH, MY. A sleek, underwater torpedo. Hit me, Gilligan! Hit me!

. Ginger's teasing! :/ So now we know why Mary Ann went swimming without being fully prepared in HTBAH. '...all she heard was confirmation of her biggest weakness from a woman she admired.' - Yeah, people we admire can do that to us, damn them. :(

I love how MA just throws on any old swimsuit to swim on her own, but she gets all yellow bikini-ed up for the G Man. With matching hair ribbons. And full waterproof make up... Not that it's going to do her any good at the moment.

. "Hey, sailor."

"Hey."

Yikes, Gilligan's not letting her off the hook that easily. I'm surprised the water in the lagoon didn't freeze up right then! I'm picturing Gilligan's expression before you've even described it. (It's the hot grumpy expression that makes me go weak at the knees...)

. Water is dripping from his hair and earlobes and running down his shoulders. He blinks the droplets from his eyelashes and raises a hand to rub the water from his face. Mary Ann watches lines of water run off his shoulders and down his chest and then pulls her gaze up to his face. - O.O I bet that took some effort. Heee! (And 'mmmmmmmm'...yummy. What are you trying to do to me?)

. "I didn't save you."

"Well, you would have if it weren't for me."

- errr...yeah. I think? :) o.O

. "I always make everything so hard for you." - No comment... :) :)

. "I told everyone what happened. I told them that you jumped in first and it was all my fault." - Good for you, Mary Ann! Now, let's retake some of those photos, shall we? This time SKIPPER can hold the camera!

. Awwww! Our G Man is practising to make sure it never happens again! He's so noble. "I've been trained for situations like this, Mary Ann. For people panicking. And I failed." - TRAINED! Swoon. Let's not forget he already saved the Skipper's life once. He's a bigger hero than he thinks!

. "I always keep my promises." *Meep* WE KNOW!

Loved MA reaching out to tug Gilligan's shirt and then realising he wasn't wearing one. Nipple tweak! Ahem. Perhaps not. (I bet she thought about it though.)

. "I put you in danger and you have no idea how guilty I feel about that. You have a lot of courage, Gilligan." Mary Ann takes her finger from his lips and lays her hand on his chest. "And a lot of heart. I feel a lot braver knowing you're around. Thank you." And then he feels the warmth all the way through to his heart. Gorgeous!

D'aaawwww! I love it when you put episodes to rights! It's closure, isn't it. Gilligan has the courage of a lion in the body of a malnourished kitten. And that's why we love him, because no matter what his limitations are, he always gives things a try. And when Mary Ann was in trouble, he jumped in without a second thought. And he obviously DID practise afterwards, because by the time 'Slave Girl' came around, he was able to rescue Kalani.

Gilligan briefly tastes the unusual concoction of salt water and lip gloss and it almost knocks him over, and then it's gone.

- Wow. You do these little 'hot' moments sooo well :)

Uuuuh, kisses and cuddles and wet abdomens peeling apart. THEY HUGGED ON THE MINNOW! My brain's gone all disjointed. So much MAGgy goodness! I can't!

And finally the analogy of treading water as a reference to where they are in their 'relationship' (if you can call it that...their bumbling, stumbling, adorable, sweet little relationship!)

"We gotta be okay where we are before we can start moving. Maybe we should start with treading water."

G Man the philosopher strikes again! He's so wise. And hot. And wet. What?

Awwwwww, JWood, I love this story so much! Not least because Gilligan's all wet and forceful and determined, and experienced (in swimming, what?) and the descriptions of his slicing through the water like a torpedo are just...just...just so...so VISUAL. Like Teri said. :D Wet Gilligan with water dripping down his body. What's not to love?

And then there was all the other stuff. Symbolism and analogies and lots of warmhearted-ness and cute things like that. And then there was more half naked water shenanigans. (Which one can never have too much of!) And some sweet cuddles and a shy kiss and Gilligan being all ferklempt at the taste of saltwater and lipgloss. I love them so much. And I love you. Platonically. With bells on. Thanks so much for not abandoning this fic. I guess you could say the story itself was 'treading water' for a while!

See what I did there. Yeah. Someone had to :) xx
TereseLucy384 chapter 3 . 9/13/2012
Yay! Chapter 3 . . . * love *

I love how MA watches him swim. I love how he’s taking his frustration out on the water. I love how he’s practicing so that he never lets that happen again. I love how you incorporated the episode into this story.

Favs:

“Water is dripping from his hair and earlobes and running down his shoulders. He blinks the droplets from his eyelashes and raises a hand to rub the water from his face. Mary Ann watches lines of water run off his shoulders and down his chest and then pulls her gaze up to his face.”

- YIKES – that is quite a visual ;)

“He looks a little defeated, a little sad, but his stubbornness is there as well. It always is.”

- I know that face :(

“Out of habit, Mary Ann reaches out to playfully tug on his shirt until she remembers that he's not wearing one. Her hand hovers in the space between them for a moment before she drops it back into the water.”

- yeah . . . I would have kept going.

“Mary Ann takes her finger from his lips and lays her hand on his chest. "And a lot of heart. I feel a lot braver knowing you're around. Thank you."

Gilligan lowers his head and looks down at the small hand against his skin. It's warm. The warmth sinks in, seeps through his pores and touches his heart.”

- awwww I can feel the tingles.

“Their wet abdomens peel apart as he sets her gently back down on the bottom of the lagoon.”

- NO! Don’t peel apart . . . Noooooooo

heeheee

Loved it, JW :D Such a great ending. * Hugs * loved it loved it loved it
TereseLucy384 chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Gaaaah - the physical contact in this chapter kills me *sigh/swoon/drool*

Once again, you tell such a wonderful story - You have their personalities and conversation so perfect, it's just like watching them.

This is a long chapter and there are so many favorite lines - hmmmm, can I possibly narrow it down?

He yanks his t-shirt over his head next, briefly getting tangled in the sweaty sleeves. He finally frees himself and scowls at his shirt as he tosses it aside. His hair is sticking up at odd angles and Mary Ann laughs.

- I wouldn’t laugh – I’d jump his bones. ;D

Gilligan hadn't anticipated how close her face would be to his when he had this brilliant idea. Their noses are just a few inches apart and she's staring directly into his eyes expectantly, waiting for an answer. He nods dumbly and looks away, turning his gaze on her feet to give some semblance that he's trying to accurately answer her question. But her yellow bikini-clad rear end is in his line of vision, bobbing halfway out of the water and blocking her feet from view.

- Oh to see the precious look on his embarrassed little face – trying so hard not to stare at her butt.

"How come you asked me to teach you how to swim and not the Skipper or the Professor?"
"You're more fun than they are," Mary Ann replies. "And the Professor would use even more big words than you did. Besides, I thought you were the best swimmer in the whole United States Navy?"
Gilligan chances a glance back at her out of the corner of his eye. "I might have made that up," he confides conspiratorially.
Mary Ann nods seriously. "I promise not to report you," she whispers back.
- Again with the sigh/swoon

- Oh man – if that was me!

- Just turn your face and kiss already ;)

"Bubbles," he whispers, so seriously and reverently that Mary Ann quiets. She wraps her arms around his neck and leans forward to look over his shoulder.

-AGAIN – just turn your face and kiss her!

Gilligan replies, shrugging casually. "He thinks you're sweet. You're the nicest girl he's ever met."

- Awww, G-Man – can I keep you?
Sideshow Cellophane 26 chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
I like how you gave Mary Ann's background; it explains her farm life and why a smothered Kansas girl would be in Hawaii alone. I thought it was cute how she tried to be bold, attempting to wear the bathing suit but failed. Shows how smothering her aunt and uncle were to her, how disaproving they would be. I wonder how they'd react to Ginger, or The Matchmaker situation . . .

Also liked the Irving touch, not many Gilligan fics involve the animal friends he made on the island. Heh. Around the end he got pretty bashful, until "The ocean is a big place and lots of stuff can happen, but you have to just keep swimming. I told you I wouldn't let you drown, Mary Ann." -I'd love to have a boyfriend that would promise me that.
Sideshow Cellophane 26 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Ooh, Gilligan does have a sailor's mouth! Heh, this is cute so far. You and Teobi both give life to these characters. Going onto second chapter . . .
Sci-fi Christian chapter 2 . 7/18/2012
I love this chapter! I really liked the part with Irving the fish! Great job! Can't wait for more! :D
Teobi chapter 2 . 7/13/2012
Yay, Boo-Boo! You posted chapter 2! I just got home; it hasn't stopped raining and I'm soaked to the skin. Ah, the British summer, it's my favourite day of the year. o.O

BUT- I Saw my MAG ducks in the park, and HE BOBBED HIS HEAD AT ME! I'm so honoured.

Without further ado, things I loved about Chapter Two. *drips all over keyboard*

. Mary Ann starting without Gilligan. What?

. Gilligan carrying her back to camp the previous day, Officer and a Gentleman style. IN HER BIKINI! Close your eyes, everyone! O.O What a hero. I'd pretend to drown every day if I knew he was gonna do that.

. Mary Ann looking like a rabid raccoon! (As opposed to a startled panda in CC!)

. She borrowed Ginger's waterproof mascara! Holler! And piled her hair up on top of her head. Tres glam! Of course, she's only there to learn how to swim. *cough*

. . Oh, who is she kidding. EVERYONE knows why she's really there. Ginger had her pegged after just five minutes aboard the Minnow!

. Gilligan's waiter impressions. French or otherwise, they will never NOT be funny :)

. 'She wants to move forward in life – not stand still. She'd felt like she was standing still for a long time, but then she won the trip to Hawaii – finally, an adventure! And a shipwreck.' - Obviously she didn't read the small print...

. Gilligan getting undressed on the beach again. Wet sand! A sweaty tangle! What! "Of course I need you." Get it, Mary Ann!

. The arm flexing and the serious manly scowl. SWOON! (In Dusty's Trail when Lulu praises Dusty's muscles he goes, "I think it's in the other arm.")

. . Learning about arms and legs. From Gilligan. That's kinda cute and hot at the same time...

. "You don't want to have to come rescue me all the time, do you?"
Gilligan shrugs noncommittally, gazing out over the water. "I don't mind."
Mary Ann beams up at him. "You're quite the hero, sailor."

- Awwww, precious! I love it! He's so adorable with his noncommittal shrugging.

. Gilligan showing her all the different arm movements. stop it- I'm talking about swimming :) And not quite being able to say 'breaststroke'. Lololol! Poor G Man. Good job he's half underwater.

. G Man talking about drag and resistance and propulsion. O.O *Uuuhhhhhhh...*

. "Hang on to my shoulders. I'll be the side of the pool. The Skipper says talking to me is like talking to a wall anyway." - Hahahahahaahaha! OH, GILLIGAN! You can be my side of the pool any day. And look how quickly MA wraps her arms around his neck. You go, girl!

. 'Gilligan hadn't anticipated how close her face would be to his when he had this brilliant idea.'- O RLY?

. 'Her yellow bikini-clad rear end is in his line of vision, bobbing halfway out of the water and blocking her feet from view.

He quickly looks away at the shoreline. At the sky. A lone bird crosses the blue void and disappears into the jungle canopy.'- BWAHAHAHA! *gulp* Now it really is a good thing he's half submerged underwater!

I love how you write Gilligan. He's not completely clueless- he knows a pretty girl when he sees one. He's not unaware of the attractive qualities of certain parts of a lady's anatomy. He just doesn't know what to do about it!

. I love how MA tries to climb up him after she gets bitten! Her feet pressing into his thigh, mmm-mmm. Oh, this could so easily have turned into a crackfic and no mistake!

. 'She's unconsciously wrapped herself tightly around him, almost sitting on his hip like a baby, her fingernails digging into his shoulders.'- Glad you said she was sitting on his hip, lololol. Careful now, Mary Ann :)

. 'With every step he takes closer to the spot where she was bitten, Mary Ann's grip on him tightens until they're practically cheek-to-cheek, her nervous breathing loud in his ear. He suddenly realizes how loud he must sound when he's peering closely over the Professor's shoulder as he does a delicate experiment. Although he's positive that that bothers the Professor in quite a different way than this is bothering him.'

- Let's hope so, anyway!

. . G Man's scientific way of blocking out the sun. And his smug smile! I love it when he gets all smugly heroic. Like he's being much too clever for a mere girl to understand.

. 'He had almost forgotten she was there, but now he's acutely aware of the fact that she's attached to his back like a baby koala.' - Baby koala! That's certainly a lot better than a rabid raccoon :p Plus, Baby koalas, what's not to love?

. IRVING! He nibbled your toes because he likes pink. And girls. This ain't no fish, it's a shark!

. "You wanna pet him?" Gilligan chirps.- We're still talking about Irving, right? Irving the fish, not Irving the euphemism. .

. "Aw, come on. He likes girls." Gilligan lifts Irving out of the water again.'- *Dangerously* close to crackfic territory now... lol

. "Give me that fish, Gilligan."

. Gilligan putting words into that poor fish's mouth. "See? He likes you. He thinks you're sweet. You're the nicest girl he's ever met."

(Translation- "I like you. I think you're the sweetest, nicest girl I've ever met.")

. . Irving will be late for school. **GROAN!* And the award for Worst/Best Pun goes to... :D

. 'Mary Ann leans down and gives Irving a quick kiss on the top of his head.' - *cough*

. "He's never gonna leave you alone now." - Gilligan said it, not me. ;D

. "That's okay. I like him." (PWNED)

. Mary Ann smiles up at Gilligan. His ears have turned red.' - So they should, with all that fish fondling and kissing going on!

Okay, where were we. Back to business! (Oh lawks-a-mercy, stop it. What!)

. . Gilligan going quiet for a bit as Mary Ann winds her arms around his neck again. LOLOL!

. 'After describing the rest of the kicks, Gilligan's pretty sure he's mixed up which ones go with which arms.'- Awww, that's 'cause he's totally lost concentration. He's all ferklempt!

. "Did you have a giant tutu?"- No, it's just the way I walk, badabing.

. 'She slides her arms around his neck and lays her cheek down on her arm. The water laps up over her arm, brushing her cheek, but she can still breathe and still talk to him. Mary Ann feels a little reckless, like one of those girls who would strut around town kissing their boyfriends in public.'- Excellent behaviour. After all, if you want Gilligan to notice you, you have to be direct about it!

. 'Mary Ann watches his Adam's apple travel the length of his throat as he swallows hard.'- ZOMG! The Adam's apple always gives it away. especially one as big as G Man's!

. Pie plate catch! LOLOLOL! With the Skipper? Um...! Although I can see ol' Jonas frisbeeing that thing wayyy out into the ocean and poor old Gilligan actually trying to swim after it. "If you see any ships, bring 'em back!" Guffaw.

. "It was the shipwreck, wasn't it?" he asks quietly and Mary Ann's arms tighten instinctively around him. She sighs heavily and her breath rushes over his skin, ruffling the hair behind his ear.

"I always feel like such a wimp."

"You're not a wimp. You're a girl."

- First of all, I love how Gilligan knows exactly why she's scared. He's not so dumb! Secondly, ruffling the hair behind his ear! *meep* Thirdly, 'you're not a wimp, you're a girl'. Oh, well, that's okay then!

. . Awwwww, and philosophy, Gilligan style! "The ocean is a big place and lots of stuff can happen, but you have to just keep swimming."

Very simply and aptly put. Lots of stuff CAN happen!

And he'll never let her drown! EVER! Now we KNOW he's not just talking about swimming!

G Man. What a hero. What a guy. Best swimmer in the whole United States Navy and international translator for fish who like girls. How could anyone not love him?

Lol- I think this review has taken me like, nearly an hour. And it's STILL raining- in fact it's getting worse because now it's cold and windy too. Treading water? I'm pretty sure they are, in some parts of the UK!

Except we don't have a G Man to cling on to! WAIL!

I loved this. So much. So many lovely moments, and hot moments, and sexy moments and fish kissing. And Gilligan being all serious and manly. And shirtless. With his hands flattening over Mary Ann's abdomen. No wonder she keeps forgetting what to do.

Right- now I better go get started on building an ark! MAG ducks, this way!

Teebs xxx
Terri chapter 2 . 7/13/2012
I'm glad that you are writing again. I've missed you.

Nice story. Especially with Irving. ;-D
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh my goodness. This is so flipping adorable I can't stand it.

Fav Moments . . .

Gilligan deposits his hat on her head and dives gracefully away from her, disappearing under the water like a seal. - Aww, he let her wear his hat :D

Gilligan hooks both hands under her arms and pulls her back to her feet. He shakes the wet hair out of his eyes like a puppy and flings water droplets all over her. - *sigh* I can see his grin now.

Whatever retort Mary Ann is going to come out with next dies on her lips as she feels his hands flatten out around her ribs and begin steering her deeper into the water. - Oh my. Can I please trade places with her for just that moment? Pleeeeeaaaase?

The parts of her that are out of the water – her face, her toes, the tops of her hands, her stomach – dry quickly under the bright sun, except for the puddle that has gathered in her belly button. - I am envisioning him peaking at her belly button with a big Gilligan-style gulp.

And the Great Gilligani - I love it. He would totally get into acting that out ;D

He pulls Mary Ann to the surface only a second later, both arms tight around her waist. "I'm sorry!" he sputters. "Mary Ann, I'm sorry!"

Mary Ann blinks rapidly, gasping for air. Her nose tingles, her eyes burn. She clings to his shoulders, disoriented, as he holds her up high in the water.

Gilligan reaches up and clumsily pulls her bangs out of her eyes. "Are you okay?" he asks and she nods. "Are you sure? Do you want to quit for today? We should quit for today."

- Awww, he's so sweet. And he has his arms wrapped around her waist - I'm swooning.

Gilligan shrugs, jostling her against his chest. "It's just me." - He really has no idea.

Great job, JW. Can't wait for the next chapter :D
Teobi chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Is it my birthday already? It sure feels like it with all the super stories appearing on the Gilligan board lately! (Now we just need the readers to come back! Lol!)

Face it, G Man would be an awesome ANYTHING instructor. I'd be like those two girls at the front of the class in Indiana Jones. Well, Bobby did used to be a teacher :)

Boo-llet Points!

. Poor Mary Ann. I really feel for her. She was so proud of her new yellow bikini (which she looks FAB in), and then, 'She saw the gorgeous native Hawaiian girls in their bright colored bikinis and the leggy blonde Swedish tourists and the muscled surfer guys and she sat demurely on her towel reading her romance novel, keeping her dress on over her suit the whole time.' - AWWWWW! How many of us normal looking gals have ever been on the beach and felt the same way. *Raises hand

. 'But she's wearing her cute yellow bikini today. Because it's hot out.'- Of course. Not because she wants G Man to see her bod. :)

. Thinking about what it would be like to go skinny dipping *with Gilligan*! - uuuuuuhhhh- heavenly, I'd say. And then she blushes. Like she doesn't have those thoughts all the time, haha. I know I do. What? (Gilligan in the lagoon and Dusty in the river. OH, BOY! P)

. Awww, that whole little flashback to the Minnow. It must have been terrifying for them, if you think about it. You've really given us a sense of the danger they were in. Plus, Gilligan! "I was the best swimmer in the whole United States Navy"! He's so proud of himself! Mr. Howell shouldn't roll his eyes, it could well be true!

. The unabridged history of swimming, Gilly style! an incomprehensible monologue going on for hours. No wonder MA got cold!

. MA's matching yellow hair ribbon. It's important to look nice, even when your dignity is being stripped away bit by bit...

. Gilligan's unceremonious entrance, where he kicks sand everywhere and peels off his sweaty t-shirt. Peels off his sweaty t-shirt! OMG. *faints*

. 'He's not as scrawny as he looks, lean arm muscles moving under his pale skin as he swings his arms.'- Ay carumba. It's true, G Man always looks skinnier with his clothes *on*!

. 'He's still watching her patiently and she wishes he'd turn around as she unzips her shorts and shimmies out of them. When she looks up again his head is craned around toward the waterfall as if it's the most interesting thing he's ever seen.'- "Think unsexy thoughts, think unsexy thoughts..." xD

. Awww, G Man notices her new bikini! And then he plonks his hat on her head! ADORBS!

. Mmm, I like a man who can hold his breath. What?

. Gilligan's Swimming Lessons #1. Frighten your pupil half to death so that she falls on her butt in the water, and then stand over her, grinning and dripping water onto her face. Where can I sign up for this class?

. Hey, Gilligan, in Oregon Trail you can drown in two INCHES of water, so be careful. (Watch out you don't catch dysentery either.)

. Gilligan's Swimming Lessons #2. Ever so gently push, kick and punch your unwilling victim, er, pupil, into the water, completely ignoring their squeals of protest. I love his methods! (And I suspect Mary Ann secretly does, too. All that lovely half-nekkid physical contact...mmmmm.)

. Gilligan wants to be all wrinkly. What? O.O

. 'Whatever retort Mary Ann is going to come out with next dies on her lips as she feels his hands flatten out around her ribs and begin steering her deeper into the water.'- That shut her up! Lol!

. The Tao of Gilligan. 'He's closed his eyes and is standing perfectly still, his face slightly raised toward the sun. The intense heat is drying his shoulders quickly, but water still glistens in patches. Tiny water droplets cling to the ends of his eyelashes. He looks so peaceful.' - Gilligan the Zen Buddha.

. Gilligan's Swimming Lessons #3. Get your pupil on her back as soon as possible. o.O

. "That's a big word, Mr. Gilligan."- Buoyant? wait until he gets to 'monotonous'!

. Oh my, if I was laying back in the water with Gilligan's hands all over me I think I'd drift off, too. (Figuratively, not literally, haha.)

. 'The parts of her that are out of the water – her face, her toes, the tops of her hands, her stomach'- Love how you've skilfully avoided mentioning ladybumps... :)

. Belly button puddle! Gilligan is understandably riveted. :)

. The Great Gilligani! What a ham! When Gilligan starts showing off, watch out- things can only end in disaster. And of course, they do. Mary Ann sinks, and 'Gilligan lets out one of the more colorful expressions he learned in the Navy and plunges underwater.'- Did Gilligan just drop an F Bomb? LOL!

. Poor MA. Her last shred of dignity has gone. Now she's just a blinking, spluttering, half-drowned mess with makeup smeared all down her face. But you know what, I bet she's having the best time of her whole darned life! Swimming with the G. Being touched, poked, prodded, punched, submerged and levitated by the Great Gilligani, and not a long-legged Swede or exotic Hawaiian girl in sight. What more could a girl want? (wait until she meets Irving...!)

Oh, how I loved this! The water, the half-nakedness, the accidental touching, Mary Ann's worrying about whether she looks good, even though Gilligan doesn't mind *what* she looks like. G Man telling her to get on her back and push her stomach out...what? Themes and metaphors and characters striving for development, just give me some wet, half-naked romping and I'm happy!

Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting chapter 2. (If G Man gets the scuba gear out I will definitely lol my *** off!)

Yours splashingly,

Teebs xxx

(Oh, forgot to mention, I adored Gilligan shaking water out of his hair like a puppy, and then MA's ponytail whipping past the end of his nose!)