Reviews for The Other Side
Lulu chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
You are amazingly wonderful and I love all your stories soooo much!
Maia2 chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Hee. Your A/N made me laugh.
Anyway, nice short story. I like the women in their lives taking care of them. We don't see that often. You've been featuring them a lot lately. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Glad they were there.
Maia.
timme chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
wasn't so happy with Tess. does she understand Danny at all? allowing him to "be strong" is all well and good, but the whole thing seems like Danny humoring her and worrying about her feelings instead. He could have called Rusty, he shouldn't need to comfort Tess.
I liked how Isabelle handled it though. She was more mature, more practical, and she allowed him space and understanding. shrugs
ParisAmy chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
This is great! I enjoyed reading it :)
light at last chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Yay for functional relationships. And the ladies being awesome. I approve very strongly. And I'd gotten Danny's nightmare, but not Rusty's, so that makes the author's note half pointless, half...pointful? At least for me.

And I love that both women are aware that there are bad things, and so they can handle it when they come back to bite them, and using what they know about the boys to deal with the problem as best they can. And Tess getting her own spiders from now on is great.
corny chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Good one!
InSilva chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
You know, the new way of reviewing means I can't tab between the review and the fic as easily as I used to. *pout*

Happy sigh of birthday fic. Oh, mate. :) Thank you, thank you.

Love the other fic references. Makes your fic more powerful having it interlinked. You know, like you know what you're doing. ;) And all bad experiences are bad but we know from One Bad Day and Everything We Do that these experiences lingered. That they needed the other to pull them through and how badly the other one was hurting when they saw how the other was affected. Too many others in that sentence but you can work it out. I have faith.

Sigh for Tess and Isabel triggering the nightmares unknowingly and the joint shock realisation that they've done so. Just so many eggshells actually. Love that they're both there to snap their men out of it. And that they instinctively know how to start to make it right - Tess allowing Danny to comfort, Isabel offering reality in the form of chocolate.

Incidental whimper for Isabel not liking fire.

Danny and Rusty can share the shape of what happened and the brush of details and that's enough to paint the picture of horror. And Tess and Isabel can offer the love and comfort and support and the promise that Danny and Rusty can lean on.

Love the fic. Thank you again for writing. :)