Reviews for Down in the Willow Garden
I really loved your story ,,Thanks for writing it
Ale123456 chapter 20 . 9/2/2017
I'm glad it was a fairly happy ending, and I greatly enjoyed the ride!

For a moment, I thought Daryl, Carol, AND Merle were all going to die. (I was worried Daryl would let walker Merle kill him)

You did an amazing job all around. I loved the Rosalie plotline. I loved learning your versions of everyone's backstories. They all felt incredibly real, and incredibly true to their televised counterparts.

Thank you so much for writing this amazing story!
Ale123456 chapter 19 . 9/2/2017
I can't believe he didn't finish Merle off :(
This chapter was so depressing. I got teary eyed.
You really make me feel for all of the characters. I genuinely feel terrible for Daryl.
I wish he could bring back Rick or someone to finish off his brother since he couldn't. But I guess I get it. I don't know if I could kill either of my sisters if something like that happened.

This was a very rough chapter to read. Kudos on being such an amazing author!
Ale123456 chapter 17 . 9/1/2017
Oh god, Carol!
I'm sure they can amputate it and it will be ok, but Carol :(
I'm glad she saved Daryl, though. But Carol :(

And Merle...pretty sure he'll commit suicide like his mama did :(
At least he told Daryl. I always thought he was going to tell Daryl.
Geez though. Poor Daryl's been through enough :(
(All of them have really, though)
Ale123456 chapter 16 . 9/1/2017
I'm surprised he even thought the quarry was Merle too? I mean, it's easy to figure this one was likely connected, but from an outsider I don't know how easy it would be to connect the quarry.

I think it's kinda creepy how Merle can lead the walkers (useful skill! too bad it's only for bad use).
And *sigh* definitely no happy ending for him at this point haha. No way you he can come back from all this.

I'm glad Carol can let go of her bad memories, but I'm very worried for her. :(
Ale123456 chapter 15 . 9/1/2017
Oh Merle...I was hopeful for a moment, but nope. Although that must have really been like a sucker punch overhearing his brother using his words on someone else. (he's really too sensitive)

And I liked how you resolved the Rosalie storyline. Very creepy.
Ale123456 chapter 13 . 8/30/2017
Ok, yeah, it definitely feels like he's got a mental illness.

...and he just screwed things up for himself...

I don't know why I'm rooting for something to get better, for him to realize there's more, that he can be better. He doesn't really deserve a happy ending, but I do want him to somehow work hard and earn a happy ending.

Don't see it happening, though.

Poor Jenny. :(
Ale123456 chapter 12 . 8/30/2017
I don't know if I've reviewed this story yet or not, but I'm really loving everything about this so far. I especially like how true to their characters (as of early walking dead) they all are.
I am especially impressed with the interactions between Daryl and Merle and the flashback scenes.
I really like the diary entries. She seems like a tragic character and I like how Carol can relate to her and see that although she was once like that, Carol has moved past that to become a much stronger person.

I am actually most sympathetic towards Merle's character. I like how you are revealing why he is the way that he is while keeping true to his character. I want to believe that he wasn't bad from the start, that he was made that way. He wants to be better, but doesn't at the same time. He needs someone to encourage that, but it's so difficult because of the way that he is. He does some things that are pretty irredeemable, but he doesn't even seem to know why himself. I really feel like he's developed some sort of illness (or maybe born with it hence the void feeling inside).
In some ways I think he was worse off than Daryl (being the father's favorite and the mom pretty obviously favoring Daryl even if she thought she was hiding it). His violent tendencies alienated him further.

IDK I want this story to have a happy (at least happyish) ending for him, but I'm doubtful. But I'd love to see something at least positive for him. I'm really hoping he didn't kill his mother. I don't see it happening, but it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibilities.
I would like it if he somehow joins them, but I know he'll just screw things up for himself somehow :(

Just a random side thought I had while typing this, but I wonder if anyone growing up ever bothered to teach Merle that it's wrong to just hit people when you are mad. I mean his father got away with it all his life, and it doesn't sound like his mother was much of a presence for him... He always seemed confused about why Daryl got upset when he lashed out like he doesn't quite understand. Merle seems like he didn't like the way his father was, but he didn't seem to ever question it or anything (aside from when it turned towards Daryl).

As far as Carol and Daryl, I LOVE how you are advancing their relationship. I've been a Carol/Daryl shipper for awhile (I'm on season 5 atm and still catching up). I really like how they make each other stronger in ways that I don't think any other character could.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/10/2017
I love those fics you wrote about all Daryl's background and the flashbacks ! You write so well
KajunKatIz chapter 20 . 3/24/2017
Adored your trilogy! Beautifully detailed, exquisite descriptions. Interesting and informative flashbacks; the comparison of Daryl's & Merle's childhood to adulthood; the similarity of Carol's and Rose's lives. Loved your presentation of the blossoming relationship between Daryl and Carol.
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful talent with us.
Trogdor19 chapter 20 . 11/26/2016
I wish I could have left a review for every chapter of this. They were exquisite, and deserved individual comment. I was reading on my phone at my off-the-grid cabin, and I kept walking up the hill where you can get cell service to download another few chapters (all I thought I'd need for the night) then walking up the hill again and again because I NEEDED more chapters, even though it was quite cold and snowy and dark in the woods on the hill.

This was beautifully written. I've seen some amazing stories and great writing in fanfiction land, but I've rarely seen the kind of preplanned interweaving you did here, especially paired with literary quality writing. I love the way you mirrored Carol and Rose's lives, and when they began to separate. I love the way, in the end, Daryl was annoyed with himself for giving her books instead of a gun, but it turned out the books were the far more powerful weapon. I kept wishing for more direct Carol and Daryl time but the understated way you wrote them (and the independent way they spent their time) was very character appropriate.

I read this entire story in a single night. It's an incredible piece of work, and I hope you're proud of it, as well you should be. Thank you, so much, for sharing your time and your labor and your imagination with all of us.
Annelantis chapter 20 . 11/26/2016
Oh, wow! I really don't like to start a review with the words "oh, wow" but I am kind of speechless.

This is one of the best fanfics I have read in a long time. It was just stunningly beautiful. And so sad. And so disturbing. And somewhat hopeful.

Daryl's story is well thought out from beginning to end and I thought the mystery surrounding his mother's disappearance was an inspired way to delve into his past, into his relationship with Merle, into his psyche and answers questions of why he is the way he is.

Poor Carol. To have suffered what she suffered up to the moment the world ended, only to lose even more. But then the way she became involved in Daryl's investigation and saw the parallels with her own life... You weaved it all together brilliantly. And the slow burn of their relationship - just delightful.

And Merle. What a bastard! Again, he was so well written that I almost felt for him.

I nearly threw phone across the room when Carol was bitten. I wanted to stop reading and I was screaming in my head "CUT IT OFF!" Thank goodness that worked out.

What I loved about this story in the end though, was that it was about two people. Two lost and sad and damaged souls who each found hope, courage and strength in the other. It was not over the top and it was not melodramatic. It just was.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I miss it now it's over.
Andria790 chapter 10 . 9/26/2016
Okay, at this halfway point I have to tell you, I am so inspired by your art and writing. Each night when my two little ones are finally sleeping, I find myself torn between reading Praxid fan fiction or writing my own or working on my book or art. You overcome we poor souls with awesomeness we are not prepared to resist.
charie01 chapter 20 . 4/20/2016
That was brilliant!
Thanks for sharing,:)
Seph37 chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
This is such an amazing story. I love your writing style and how you weave in and out of the past. It creates such a beautiful flow. You use some of the best imagery and symbolism that I have seen in fan fiction as well. This story and your others are truly artistic. I can't wait to go read more of your stuff!