Reviews for The Beginning
Anna chapter 2 . 1/13
Oh, I really like it. I can see young Elsie in my mind!
Anna chapter 1 . 1/13
Already I love it!
Jaxa chapter 7 . 7/8/2015
Well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
like this story very unique
Ellie chapter 7 . 8/14/2012
This is such a perfect ending to this story. Even if I wouldn't have minded seeing more of their younger years, it really is perfect as it is and it makes a lot of sense, explains a lot about them and who they are now. I just love how realizing something has changed between them and for them, something has changed inside them is so simple. They're both different people now because they let the other see their real selves and I think the dialogue at the end perfectly shows it. They don't say much, but it's all there, all their feelings and trust. Such a lovely ending!
1life2ROCK chapter 7 . 8/12/2012
I really really enjoyed this story
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 5 . 8/10/2012
The more I read this, the more I liked Mr. Carson. You've really revealed his heart.

That last exchange between him and Elsie is simple and sweet, yet understated - so appropriate for the characters.
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
Your descriptions are vivid, providing a real sense of the household and of the seasons and the cycles of life.

You've done well with the back story of the characters. There's not a single false note.

One of two phrases had me wondering: What does Mrs. Barnes mean by distraction? Is she talking about rest and amusement, or something else?

But it all ends with a nice bit of suspense...
kouw chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
I think it is a very fitting ending for the story! They have broken the rules, it is only normal they would discuss that and its implications and inner dialogue is only to be expected and I thought them both very in character and following up in how you have set them both up in this fic. I thought this was lovely.
Mrs.Dickens713 chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
Oh my goodness! I think this is a wonderful way to end this delightful story. Together. Well done and thanks!
Hogwarts Duo chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
This was lovely and I really enjoyed reading this chapter. Everything was very well done from the very first sentence to the last.

You've done a great job of keeping Charles the butler in character and showing Charles the man emerging from that in such a believable way. It seems like this could be the perfect way for their romance to begin. I especially loved how Elsie gently reminds him that he created the rules, leaving the door open for something more.

Excellent story!
Onesimus42 chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
I thought it was good. Leaves it open for what could happen and with some hope. I love how you bring out that there are rules and that the rules are self-imposed ones. They do make a great team.

Thank you for writing and sharing.
griseldalafey chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
I think youve kept them - Charles especially - very in character, very true to canon. Theres nice balance between the man and the butler and thats always difficult to accomplish.
Now we only have to convince Fellowes.
PercySnail chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
I'm just reading this whole fic now start to finish and loved it! Great job!
CrazyMaryT chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
This was a lovely ending. It worked perfectly for them and felt right. I'm so happy they ended up together. Thank you for sharing.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »