Reviews for The Enigma Chronicles: Sedition
FlittingGemini chapter 19 . 7/10/2013
What an utter yutz I am. Reviewed out of order. lol!

Well this was an awesome chapter! I finally caught some Star Wars references when the children were separated. But did I read in reviews that there were many more? In any case, awesome chapter!

Nice! Making Eldar, the jackass the forefather of Metsuma another jack ass lol. Does that mean that Aaron is the ancestor of Gio and Ash?
FlittingGemini chapter 20 . 7/10/2013
Ah an excellent and touching footnote. Well said my friend!

The battle was magnificent! Excellent choice for a Pokemon to use. It drives my imagination to wonder if it is an older Ash, a few generations before Giovanni or a descendant of Ash. :) Or just some mystery character lol. I loved the way that the chaos that the Spiritomb invoked created a scene that initially was destructive for the villagers but then a storn came (which also usually destroy things) but the storm rose from the initial chaos to become an aide to the Pikachu that stopped the insidious ghost. :) Bravo!

It was so short but I still REALLY enjoyed the prepping of Volt Tackle and Giga Impact. With build up to dramatic moments in stories subtle and slow build up is something that you shine at, but you also really have a knack for pulling out quick twists and having just short build ups for incredible moments. You gotta gift my friend.

Which leads me to the last part of this review. It's one of the things that I love to wonder about, if anyone inspires someone or just does something nice, how will it affect that person and will they continue it and will it become this chain of kindness? Just a quirk of mine. :) Hopefully i help inspire you.

One more aspect of following a dream and being inspired- in my experience it is good to try new things and to prune known abilities. But I think it is just as much a blessing to know what your not good at. It's ok to not be good at some things, we all have different gifts. Thank you for encouraging me with my writing before and even though I'm not a writer, the support and kindness that you gave me with that will carry me as an inspiration through the things that I do have passion and talent for. I may be a slacker with reading lately, just bark at me to hurry up lol. But to give you the support I received is a humble gift that I WILL always enjoy giving.

Keep writing my friend. Keep your passions. We are here to live a beautiful life and although there is mundane stuff that may get us distracted creativity will always be there to be dusted off and refined again.

Peace,
FlittingGemini
MikariStar chapter 20 . 6/30/2013
A very fitting ending with an air of both mystery and hope. :D
MikariStar chapter 19 . 6/12/2013
I love all the references to Star Wars, so fun! Eldar's character has also become more sith-like. Rin had such a tragic ending, it's very sad but well written. Looking forward to the epilogue, even though I know I'll miss the story when it's finished.
FlittingGemini chapter 18 . 6/6/2013
Wow what a chapter! I LOVED the background of Azien. You create such fantastic villains!

Oh nice! Azien clear correlation between him and the White Witch! From Prince Caspian! I loved that movie and this scene was written perfectly! Love, love love!

I'm wondering if Zinten's last act of defiance against Eldar will be of any significance? I'm looking forward to finding out!

All the details, I could go on forever but that wouldn't go to well. Damien had a great rhythm in this chapter. His flashbacks and what Aaron said to him flowed flawlessly into rallying the bedraggled people into that awesome bust-out fighting force that I saw. Bravo!

Pondo had some great scenes and effects in this chapter as well. Whenever he appears he really shines. A good character my friend! Loved how he burst in just in time to prevent Azien from being resurrected! I also loved his loyal Grumpig.

Actually one last note, the Pokemon in this chapter were ALL used so flawlessly. You know my gushing about how you use Pokemon, well this chapter definately stands out. From the AWESOME correlation between a Dusclops (love using those in Emerald) and the Arbok being the ugly imp and wolf characters. Right down to some of the best displays of power and adorable loyalty that I saw in Grumpig and especially Arcanine. Bravo! Since we don't see Lucario anymore these were a welcome and charismatic additions! :))))
MikariStar chapter 18 . 6/1/2013
The opening of this chapter reminds me of Alderaan.

The past with the kaizers is very interesting. Makes me curious about how it will continue to affect the present, perhaps even many years later?

I really appreciate how detailed the characters are, they evolve and become their own person as the story goes on, it's like they've come to life. :)

Writing two stories at once is not easy, especially if they are long and have complex and detailed plots. You've been doing great. I can relate to the feeling of wanting to finish a story soon, but at the same time wanting to take the time to make it a certain way.
Rafa008 chapter 18 . 6/1/2013
I've started to read you story since last day and omg, i really loved because i was serching for some fanfic about Sir Aaron's live and pairing with Rin. I liked because there's battles, but romance too. Will you continue to write? Pleeeeease. What will happen with Rin, withour Aaron now...
MikariStar chapter 17 . 4/9/2013
This was a very interesting chapter, full of tension. It felt nostalgic without Aaron. I'm curious to see Rin again. Zintan's story certainly took a lot of turns. Everything has become all tense and dangerous all over again, it makes for an exciting twist. I like how this chapter showed the peace that came after Aaron's sacrifice and smoothly faded into the sense of desperation. Well done with the transition.
FlittingGemini chapter 17 . 4/9/2013
Oh I like that cliffhanger! They sure moved fast though. Can you please explain why the town that adored Aaron would be so quick to let his statues be felled? Or will that be explained in the next chapter? Anywa great build-up of drama and that court is full of dumb-asses! All the better to pull them from power later I suppose :)

I was really impressed with the opening scene, with what Zinten named his children *sniffle* and how the area was so lush and beautiful. Then of course the irony of Zinten sharpening the sword that more than likely killed his family. Also the contrast of the beautiful lush valley being burned again. Perhaps it will recover.

One little tidbit, I love what you do with fire Pokemon. They surely aren't neglected in the anime or other stories, but yours is unique in that the fire types are used for destructive purposes like Eldar's Charizard :) and yet you make them to be peaceful livestock as well. Ala the Ponyta and Rapidash appearances plus the curious adaptation of Magmar being grazers in the fields. It never is mentioned like anywhere what Magmar eat, whether they are herbivore or carnivores or anything. So a creative kudos to you comrade!
FlittingGemini chapter 16 . 3/1/2013
Ah what an ending for Aaron! The scenery and tension as the battle edged closer were flawless as usual. The parts I loved the most though, were the anguish of Lucario and Rin. Lucario in particular was heart-wrenching because I've seen the movie and saw the pain and bitterness even that Lucario felt through the movie. So to see how it came to be, or could've XD was a real treat!

If this movie had a little prequel I think it would be totally awesome for Pokemon to use this story! :) Smooth writing, heart-felt and round characters which fit into not only the characterization that the original movie gave us but also put a nice original spin on them and gives us their back story. Awesome. I look forward to the next chapter!
FlittingGemini chapter 15 . 3/1/2013
Awesome! This is SO Flawlessly placed! The confrontation about Kota keeping the truth from Aaron and also both of them fully realizing now that love has enhanced Aaron's powers as a guardian, not corrupted it. Can't wait to see what happens when Aaron finds out what's going on between Eldar and Rin!
MikariStar chapter 16 . 2/26/2013
This was an emotion filled chapter, it makes me want to watch the movie again. I'm curious about what will happen now.
elufuir chapter 15 . 2/18/2013
Oh God, this is brilliant. I had to read this thing all in one day, didn't I? Yes, I had to. Reasons following.

It does credit to Aaron's character design that he has drawn me so deep into this long, long piece of fanfiction, when I find not much in the Pokemon fandom that can hold my interest for very long. And of course, your writing is superb. I particularly love that you made Aaron, for lack of a better word, so very human, when the movie depicted him so very positively, and it would have been so tempting to make him Mr. Perfect. Here, he has his flaws, his idealism and his selfdoubt for example, but overall the Aaron of the movie is clearly recognizable, and I really appreciate it.
Speaking of Aaron, I love the relationship between Aaron and Lucario, and though it has been some time since I've seen the movie, I thought I recognized the scene at the hot springs?

Plus, the OCs! The plot(s) within the plot(s)! The mystery behind Aaron's powers!
Rin's affiliation with Eldar was a surprise I really didn't see coming, kudos for that.

Now, to the plot. I hope you will take this as a compliment - at one point (when Aaron was told to fetch the club, the "scavenger hunt") I thought to myself that this reminded me of my favourite RPGs. Thinking about it, and reading on, I noticed that I could imagine this FF as (pun not intended) a FF, that is, a game of the Final Fantasy series, not least because of the well-thought out characters which hit so many popular Final Fantasy tropes, but also because of the endless plot twists and "missions" into various areas. Not to mention the whole OMG the world will end soon only you can save it! thing.

I will just stop singing my praises for now, because I could continue on for hours but I need to go to bed and... well, maybe this way I will have something left for the next chapters.

A great job, I hope to read more of this story soon!

elu
MikariStar chapter 15 . 2/14/2013
this was an interesting chapter with lots of emotion and revelations. Looking forward to seeing how you expand on the movie scene. :)
FlittingGemini chapter 14 . 2/4/2013
Really? Cause it was an awesome speech! I need to see that movie. For a second there, I thought the speech was kind of a knock-off of an old communist/fascist regime speech. With how Zinten wanted to decimate the current system and make a new more equal (or so he says) era. Interesting that it was from that movie.

I'm really looking forward to Rin confronting Aaron , or whomever may tell him the truth and what effect that has on the battle and their relationship! I'm looking forward to the battle scenes themselves.

I trust you brilliant writing abilities beloved comrade! I'm sure they will be, as is a proper time to use this word, epic. :)

FlittingGemini