Reviews for One penny
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 1/15
It isn't finding beautiful, talented women that's the problem, it's dating them.
CastleSWACLover chapter 1 . 1/6
What a beautiful story. I am in love with Leonard's story about the gypsy and it's very well written. Great job! :)
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Funny, cute, all your titles for multiple stories are very good too.
CountryGrl chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Aw, the poor thing! You like to have your fun with Leonard, don't you ;-)
This was kinda heartbreaking, with the whole "one penny/one Penny" thing... I am crushed.
I loved Reluctantly Caring Sheldon... This is really cute in that quintessentially Sheldonian way. Thank you for sharing!
justLykdat chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Brilliant one shot... captured Leonard and sheldon beautifully...
Nogravitasatall chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Well, this was affecting. You do a good job on the emotional moments. Poor Leonard. Nice of Sheldon not to an ass.
patricia51 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Lovely. Sheldon being helpful and thoughtful of Leonard and STILL staying right in character especially at the end. No wonder we have so much fun with him.
WhouffleAddict chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
I've seen the title of this story while skimming through the many others, and I'm so glad that I did a double take and decided to read it. It is very touching, and it's very thought through. I thought it was pretty cool when it turned out there was only on penny in his pocket, and how his fortune was coming true. I am, again, glad that I decided to read it.
Joseph Aniwaya chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Ouch on several levels. I lived on the same floor as the marching band as an undergratuate, plus I toured the Eastern Seaboard in a folk rock band, so I have had my share of experiences-both as the one throwing up bad liquor and as the one trying to make sure my friend-and sometimes my girlfriend-didn't choke on their own vomit. On the other level, I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to Leonard's undying feelings for Penny. One of my idols, Mason Williams, who wrote "Classical Gas" and was head writer for the the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, wrote a song called, "You Stomped on My Heart, and You Done Mashed that Sucker Flat." That could be Leonard's them song. Loved it, loved it. You write so well!
Tsukiakari no Ha chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Haha lol Leonard got drunk. Nice story, btw :) its about time sheldon showed some kind of emotion :P Lmao, fuzzy sheldon xD
PlanetKitten chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This was awesome. I adore Sheldon/Leonard friendship fics, but no one seems to write them on FF. Favourited forever. :D
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
As soon as you mentioned Wildwood, it brought back memories. I love how Leonard ranted about "one penny" and it could be taken as the cin or as the woman among all the beautiful girls
Teobi chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
*Ridiculously long and rambling review Alert. You have been warned. ;) *

"I have to urinate."

"So pee."

"I can't. Your head is in the bowl. And your breathing toilet air."

- OMG, I lol'ed so hard I nearly spit out my tea. Toilet air! EEEW. We've all done it. What?

. As he lay there, Leonard made a mental note that he had never seen the bathroom from this angle before.

- What, not even with Priya? Whomp whomp

Ugh, poor Leonard. Your description is so vivid I almost feel like I want to hurl into the bowl myself! 'The peeling sound of the adhesive bond breaking between the toilet and his face filled the room.' - Niiiice. *goes slightly green*

I also adore your way with words. 'Tableau'. It even reads like something Sheldon would say!

" … hypovolemic … dehydrated … hypotensive … bilious emesis … small man but compact and well muscled …"

- I'll say. :p Sorry, I'm getting completely distracted from Sheldon's rant by the thought of Leonard naked...

"I might have to start imposing fines." ROFL!

. Penny.

He loves her. Beyond all measure. He loves her.

But she doesn't love him.

Nooo! Stop! I've only just got into this show and these two have broken my heart already! I love them. I feel like I've known them forever and I've only seen 12 episodes. (So far.)

'Nightlong rodeo sex.' - O.O Come again? (That's what she said...)

. Somewhere in the distance, he hears someone crying hard, heartbreaking sobs. He slowly realizes that it is himself.

"Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, God. I love her. Sheldon, I love her."

- Leonard! No! OMG. I can't. I'mma cry any minute. :'{

. A gloved hand covered in latex gently pats his shoulder.

"There. There."

Now I'mma laugh any minute. Damn you! :D :D :D

The next bit is so touching. "Thank you, fuzzy Sheldon", and the way Sheldon listens to his friend rant and babble while quietly helping him to his feet and into his room and out of his soiled clothes. And poor Leonard, he's so vulnerable inside, I mean, I know I've only watched 12 episodes but these people have already captured my heart SO MUCH it's almost unreal.

And the gypsy woman! "She said that I'd always be surrounded by beautiful women and be lucky in love … Oh God … and I believed her … no … no … I mean I didn't believe her ... I didn't … but I want to … I really, really want to …"

Oh, but Leonard, you are ADORABLE! Any woman would be proud to have you! I know I would!

ONE PENNY! That's it. I am officially on the floor. This is too much. You're awesome, 5mississippis. (And I even know what your name means- it's how long a real hug lasts!)

Sheldon! "Well, on the bright side, you did get your money's worth of advice." - So proficient in sarcasm.

Hmmm...I wouldn't mind some Leonard-caused wreckage...sorry, what? Drifted away there for a moment. :D

Sheldon's pep-talk! OMG, it's beautiful. Listing all the women in Leonard's life, throwing in a few Sheldonesque jibes, being all slightly disapproving yet suspiciously intrigued.

"That is quite the tally, Dr. Hofstadter." It certainly is. Leonard doesn't do too badly for a geek. An adorable geek, that is, with a cheeky grin and naughty eyes and a way of squinting/crinkling his nose that just makes me DIE. I definitely would willingly subject myself to the Hofstadter Treatment.

"Leonard? Did you hear me?"

No response.

"Well. No matter. I'll tell you in the morning along with the multitude changes to the Roommate Agreement and all the cleaning fines you incurred."

- Awwwwww! But of course, that was the only way it could end, with Leonard not even hearing one word of Sheldon's genuinely honest tribute which came right from his strange but lovable little heart.

*Applause* I love it. With unconditional love. You're a terrific writer, you've really captured the heart and soul of these guys. I was so in the mood for a good Leonard story today, and I found one. I'll have to read all your other stuff now too. I must immerse myself in LENNY!

From a new BBT/Leonard (and Sheldon)/Lenny/Shamy fan,

Teebs x

Ok. I'm finally done. :)
Tomasina chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Sheldon forgot to mention the lucky in love fact of a surrogate brother sho's willing to take care of him no matter how disgusting it is. Lovely one shot.
mrspencil chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Oh gosh; a bit of an emotional roller coaster for the poor man. But this was very well done, with Sheldon providing comfort and chastiement as only he knows how. Nicely in character with some deft touches of humour. Glad I had a look:-)

Mrs P:-)