Reviews for Hellboy: As Close As This
Flint and Feather chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Duh! Same as before, "guest" is me.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I can certainly learn comic-verse canon from you! And surely I'm impressed by your deep caring and attention to your treatment of the principals. Your expression carries me into the emotions of the interplay between Kate and Hellboy. Never stop writing!
Holly chapter 2 . 7/31/2012
Oh gosh, so you can spank me rotten with a wet fish I'm the slowest person on the planet!
FINALLY got around to reading this, and it was so worth it; I think this is probably one of the best you've done in this series, and I really really enjoyed it. The description of the slow build up of the relationship is gloriously rich and gives a wealth of information about the characters in such a subtle way.
JUST LOVELY.

And I squealed when you mentioned L'Hotel; everytime I'm in Paris I go there to have a cocktail (or a cup of tea when I'm cheap). It is amazing. We should go.

(yes this isn't a signed in review because I've lot my login details oh my gosh aren't I a derpette?)
Viviane Mae chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Beginning and ending on a painfully wistful note, Kate and Hellboy's relationship is developed in this fanfic with realism, awkwardness and true tenderness.
The author is fantastic at staying true to canon while also developing relationships further, romatic yes, but also his relationship with his father figures.
The exploration of Hellboy's sexual maturation is sensitive and I adored how First Sergeant Whitman watched and approached as he saw what was missing and filled a void. I loved that Hellboy took on his advice.
I 3 that Kate and HB are friends for years before it slowly develops into something more. the addition of Kate having implied possible sexual assault, and HB being particularly sensitive to that? AMAZING.
The sex scene.
Most times when reading erotica I can find it more humourous than sexy. But this scene had me licking my lips and shifting in my seat. I adore the way that the sex is portrayed as not needing penetration to be complete, that the consent, and attempts and tears do not take anything away from ther experience of sex, rather, it adds more vulnerability and truth to their relationship that is they had traditional penetration.
Great job to the author! xoxo
kristin.boucher.5 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This is such a bittersweet story. Great characterization and character development in this one. I've always loved Kate. It seemed like there were a lot of unspoken things that passed between her and Hellboy in the comics. Then there was that hint of a relationship in the cartoons and then...well...he died and we're left with Kate crying in a cemetery. This is really more a tale of friendship, and of loneliness, than of romance. But I can't imagine it going any other way. Beautiful work- as always.