Reviews for Give Them What They Want
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
prophecy is all well and good for narrative but it doesnt hold up so well when you consider prophets as humans instead of plot devices
jamelia116 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I liked this. It's interesting that she would "fake" this prophecy. I love the idea that while she THOUGHT she was faking it, she was actually channeling a truthful prophecy!
Reviewer chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Hmm, interesting. Could Sybill have been a Slytherin? Any good story, though it's a bit random. 'What harm could it do' indeed.
Snape5 chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
As I long suspected, the prophecy was a lie! ;)
This was a fun, random one-shot, and didn't technically set a foot outside of canon as far as I could see. I love things like this. :)
mobulis chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
The only problem with that is if it was fake then why was it in the hall of prophecy?
Filigranka chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
"what harm could it do?" - well, no harm done, she just make the life of some boy much more interesting. Harry without prophecy would lead some boring life of the insanely rich war-heroes oldest son. Decadent, he would be. He would waste his youth on alcohol, girls and parties with Malfoys/Blacks/rest of the crew, if not for Sibill brilliant performance. ; - )

Oh, that was hilarious. I like the touch of magical world reality into it, much harsher than the one shown by Rowling (whole first paragraph). And I like Sibill as a high-spirited, tough girl, believing in her Inner Eye, of course, but down-to-earth when it comes to business. Conmen are always the same.

Her voice sounds very plausible there - and it's entertaining, as good con woman should be!

And I've always love to thing that the whole prophecy-thing was just a fraud. It was making the books so much more hilarious!
TheInsaneRodent chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Funny, it is hilarious to suppose that she made up the prophecy.
Covante chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I'd actually been thinking of writing something really similar to this but there's not much of a point now. I was going to go with "Works every time" though.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
*collapses with laughter*
Ragnarok chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
One one hand I want to cheer for Sybil, but on the other hand I know the result of this.
LillianaSnape212 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
"...what harm could it do?" Indeed. My gosh, this was crazy! To think that Sybill made all that up in order to afford a good drink, lol. That's crazy. Wow. It would be cool to see how 'little' harm she caused by that deception of hers.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Oh boy, poor Harry... after all what Dumbledore really wanted was not a mildly talented divination teacher but rather somebody to do the dirty work and get rid of Mr Riddle... and so he took care that he got what he thought was the answer to his problems.
Nicole Riordan Rowling chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Tsk, tsk, tsk, Sybill, it could do plenty of harm. Great story! Might be nice to do a sequel with her prophecy about Pettigrew.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
"Finally!" Dumbledore thought. "I was beginning to think this bint was immune to compulsions. ... And Abe caught Snivellous just as we planned. ... By this time next year, my Riddle problem should be fully resolved with no one the wiser."
lightblue-Nymphadora chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
OMG. Seriously. I love it. I also love imagining Harry's freakout if he ever found out that everything was based on a lie. Or was it? :) (Sequel?) Well done.