Reviews for Torn
Zoltan-Atreyu chapter 53 . 1/20
love this take on kotor please keep the chapters flowing
Lethana chapter 52 . 11/19/2022
Aaaand done, all caught up. That's the first time in many years that I can say that. Anyhows, I'm glad to see that even over the years the quality of storytelling has always remained top notch in my eyes. And I don't think I've had a single chapter that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.
R. Constance chapter 52 . 9/25/2022
Glad to see you back at it with another strong entry to your fic! I deeply appreciate the fact that — even when there’s a long wait between chapters — I have zero doubt you’ll return to this story with another great outing.

I like how you handled the Ondar situation. I’ve also wrestled with how to ensure characters have a sense of empowerment and autonomy in their own situations / that Revan isn’t always swooping in to save the day. I’d like to think I’m getting better at that, but you’ve always thrived in that realm, with this section being no different.

Take as much time as you need to sort out the next steps — all of us will still be here, ready to soak up the next stages of the adventure! Looking forward to the next one!
nightfireivey chapter 52 . 9/18/2022
So excited for this update. Lookinv forward to the rest of Kashyyyk. Hope all is well!
Eye Of Imagination chapter 1 . 7/30/2022
Did this story used to have a different image?
R. Constance chapter 51 . 4/5/2022
Nice to have you back at it. It sounds like you've been quite busy. As usual, this was another good, solid chapter. Your work always feels professional and polished.

I'm curious if Tasi Farr will be joining the crew of the Ebon Hawk or if she'll simply be a one-world character. Either way, I'll be interested to see how you continue to use her (if at all). So far, I've enjoyed your take on Kashyyyk. It also makes a good deal of sense for Czerka and the Mandalorians to work together since so many of them were mercenaries for hire at this point in time.

Regarding Freyyr and how he simply pops back up to the surface to claim his "throne" without putting in any work... I completely agree with you. I couldn't really sort out much of a way for him to do much of anything in the Shadowlands (other than leading a band of misfits in the undergrowth), so I'll be interested to see how you sort out his character a little more fully.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Guest chapter 50 . 1/25/2022
Will Heart Of A Padwan ever be finished?
R. Constance chapter 50 . 10/14/2021
Nice chapter. I like how you've portrayed Canderous as someone who's extremely flawed, but makes sure those around him are safe before thinking of himself.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it... but I'm curious if Revan and Carth actually appeared at the end or if those are actually shapeshifters. On second thought... I'm probably reading too much into it, but it wouldn't be the first time, ha. If it *is* actually them, Carth's introduction is rather humorous.
DalkonCledwin chapter 1 . 10/7/2021
So... Elena is either a Sith spy who is entirely loyal to Revan, or she is one of the Master's responsible for Revan's current situation.
R. Constance chapter 49 . 9/12/2021
Nice cliffhanger to end on! I have a feeling Kashyyyk will be my favorite of the worlds (at least, that you've written so far, though I'll forever be curious about what your full version would have looked like!). I'll be interested to see Revan and Carth work together to save Canderous and T3-M4. Also, I have to say: I like how you incorporate the droids into the story. T3-M4 will *finally* be getting a little bit of a spotlight in my fic in the upcoming chapter, but I've always found it difficult to include them (hence why they were confiscated on Manaan!). You consistently do a great job on that front, so kudos to you!

I also like how you handled the first meeting between Revan and Bastila. I'm planning to reveal that in my own fic in the next five or so chapters (depending on how long the stint on Onderon is), so seeing someone else's take on how that looked (albeit under very different circumstances) was entertaining and probably my favorite part of the installment.

Also, I completely agree with you on reading / writing the fics being a nice distraction from the stressors of the real world. It's been a bit of a lifesaver for me over the past year since I got back into it, so it's nice to hear someone else has had a similar experience. Even when writing is a little tricky (like bits of this upcoming chapter are proving to be), it's still fun and a mood booster. Hopefully it'll continue being that way for you because we all benefit from your storytelling! Best of luck with writing the next installment! Looking forward to it.
DevilGoblin99 chapter 48 . 8/8/2021
I love this story! I can’t wait for the next chapter!
R. Constance chapter 48 . 7/30/2021
I hadn't expected to see a new installment for this fic for a while, so this was an unexpected (but very much welcomed) treat to end the week! Nice job, as always.

I'm loving the way you've written Chuundar and Zaalbar in this chapter. It's a fresh, somewhat unexpected take that fits in well with the fic. Painting Chuundar as the stereotypical, one-dimensional baddie who is pure evil is one of the biggest regrets I have for my fic (of which, there are many, but I digress), so I'm glad to see you're rounding out his character. Also, as far as character development goes, I think you've done a fine job throughout your writing. It's difficult to please everyone.

Also, as someone who has written some monster chapters as of late (with this upcoming chapter being no different), I, too, am looking forward to getting back to writing 3,000-5,000 word installments! That said, when the writing is as fantastic as yours is, long chapters are a joy to read!

Anyhow, this review is getting a tad wordy. All in all, nice job. Looking forward to the next one!
X-KnightFall-X chapter 48 . 7/29/2021
Great chapter. And I am of the same mind as you when it comes to Mauler's criticism of Disney.
MandoWalker chapter 43 . 6/28/2021
Oh god what lightsided bull crap.
MandoWalker chapter 43 . 6/28/2021
He’s okay with what the Jedi did to him. Nah this is trash I can’t believes that pile of garbage bull crap. Like how would anyone find what the Jedi did to even be remotely humane