Reviews for Epiphany
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 7/13/2016
These two make me so sad.
zoe alice chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
THIS WAS THE WORST
Femke-the-lotus chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
it was a really great chapter and nice that amon took good care of his brother

anyway good story! '

from grovylethethieflover
zosteria.in.armor chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Every inch of this story is fantastic.

There's Tarrlok's "rage dwindling into misery" and then into weariness as he feels himself slung back into his loathed past; his deduction of the truth about Amon as he observes his suspected brother's every move under a new lens as the evidence continues to mount; and his occasional bouts of wry self-awareness despite it all. Then there's Noatak's "perfectionist" movements, so appropriate for a man who must have been immaculate in everything he did to become the leader of the Equalist movement; his condescending treatment of his brother; and his lingering affection for his brother-not reluctant but rather distant and perhaps secondary to his ambitions (as we saw when he left Tarrlok all those years ago).

And most of all, holding everything together, is the reversion of the two back to their childhood relationship-which we seemed to indeed see in the canon show as Tarrlok seemed to uncharacteristically submit to his brother's will-despite the "20 year chasm." They're grown-ups now, using grown-up words and with 20 years of life behind them-Tarrlok has a little more backbone, and Noatak seems to have a noble vision-yet ultimately they're still those same boys who we saw in the flashback, stuck with the fates life threw at them, stuck with so much power and despair.

You weaved so many delicious details together to paint the portraits of these men, building so well on what was presented in canon.

Probably my favorite line: "He filled his mind with memories of every foolish, unimpressive thing Noatak had ever done, and finished the rest of his meal under his brother's supervision."

I read this story a while ago and am just sorry I took so long to tell you how I felt about it. It's probably my favorite work in the fandom, a real gem in the rough, one of those stories that really supplements the canon for me. (I guess I am just really tired of seeing so many fanfics that are poorly written and/or pander to shippers with bad taste or something, haha.) So your story is one of the few oases in the fanfiction desert. Thanks for publishing. :)
Julia451 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This is a PERFECT scene - every word, every description, every transition perfect. Believe me, I'm not prone to worthless hyperbole; I mean it. Tarrlok's thought process to his realization in the beginning progresses perfectly, the accusations and interaction between the brothers is excellent, and the final sentence is wonderful! I loved every single word of it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
great fic.
you should write one set in pre finale about the these two. Like what would have been going through amon's mind know that his brother is going after him, that his brother became a councilman, extra. you write good. there is not enough fics about the brothers.
Specked Band 44 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was really cool. It was neat to see how both brothers accused eachother of being like their father, albeit in different ways. Great job!
RomansRoad chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I enjoyed this. You've got an excellent writing style, and I could picture the scene very clearly. Nicely done!
RR