Reviews for Circus
Oh woooow... At first I though it'll be Snape, and then at the very very end, Remus, but having it be Regulus, wow. This is fantastic. Maybe one of the best I read.
Laura chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
deeeeeeepppppp...
EmeraldSunLight chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
This was beautiful; it made my chest ache. You've shone such a different light on all of these characters, the metaphor carried through the entire story perfectly.
The Amendable Snow Freak chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I love this! Great job! But at the end, do you mean Remus instead of regulus? Amazing work tho!
mcfuz chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
REMUS' SECTION. OHMIGOD.
This was absolute...effing perfection!
Goldencity chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Oh. My. Goodness.

I. LOVED. That. So much. So very, very much. That was just a brilliant piece! What a delicious metaphor sandwich. I'm really glad I read it. It was just brilliantly written, and so unique, and I loved every bit of it. Thank you for writing.
Vendelareader chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
I loved it, it gave you the feeling of a freak show and how excited and blind the audience can be. Since no one of their fans/followers at Hogwarts cared to see how James bullied Sev, how Sirius was covering up, how Remus was fighting not to fall and so on.
Donna Rose chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This blew my mind! Look! I've got shivers.

Literally the most amazing thing ever my dear. Fantastic job!
OnginalMaz chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
That has to probably be one of the most interesting character analyzations I've ever read.
At first I was slightly apprehensive because of the marauder (sans peter) and lily bashing who are my favourite characters. Then it just became so clear that it's someone who's jealous of them and finding faults.
Really, really good.
Faye Ross chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
This is the best Marauder one-shot I have ever read. I really like your metaphors. Maybe you should do more stories like this. I mean, it's awesome and just wonderfully written.
Joelle8 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Fabulous. Just... wow.
Naie Black chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Fuck you
This made me cry
You're awesome
And I hate you
I have way too many feelings about this
ellesra chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
This was really good. I think you really put some personality into the characters, as you would have to do for this kind of fic to be any good. Yes, I like the way you wrote this. Inspiring.

I think I will go try to write something of my own, now.
Ellesra
Fiat Noctum chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
This is just perfection.

Perfectly written, the metaphor is so on spot. The both sides of them, James the hero and the arrogant prat, Sirius so sure of himself, so happy and so utterly fake, Remus trying so hard, so gullible and on the edge, Peter so boring, isn't he? He had to do something about it. Lily surprised me with hers and I quite like what you did there with her. She's numb. It was a new point of view that I rather enjoyed.

And Regulus. Oh, Regulus. Gotta love the acrobat.

Also love what you did in the end. The bitterness of a tragic story we all know how it ends. With death and anger and betrayal and pain. Perhaps, one day.
ilovemoony73 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Flyin' peach nuggets.

This is absolutely MAGNIFICENT.

I love your metaphor sandwich. Delicious;D

But seriously, this is one of if not the best story/oneshot about the Marauders & Lily that I've read. It isn't romanticized, like most others. You laid (unsure!grammar) them bare, narrated by (I presume) a completely neutral person who knows everything but has an opinion of nothing.

James was probably the most dynamically set, because you see him as the shining hero that Harry believes him to be, then you reveal him to be more than that- he's also the guy that bullied Severus for years.

I think my favorite circus-performer metaphor was Remus', because most of the time people just make it seem like the guy suffers one night a month and other than that he's fine. You showed that he walks a thin line almost every day of his life. (Well...tightrope...duh.)

And, lastly, I LOVED that the narrator was talking to Regulus. It almost sounds as if he could be talking to himself, when he gets an opportunity to become a Death Eater and whatnot; he has to decided whether he wants to be like his brother and James and Remus (the fake and the pompous and the hard-worker) or like Peter (the one who took the easy way out).