Reviews for Magicks of the Arcane
Marty102123 chapter 32 . 4/19
The small brief moments of happiness Harry gets to experience with Fleur in France is so well written. A nice reprieve from the weight of war. Fleur’s depiction and demeanor in this book has been refreshing from how I’ve normally seen her written in other fanfic.
bookivore chapter 3 . 2/8
I choked a bit on the notion that Potter didn’t love anyone enough to go to the ball with them - as if going to your first school dance was about being in love? Interest, attraction, social success, but this isn’t about getting engaged!
MatteusN chapter 4 . 1/16
This fic went from a 8/10 to a 2/10 really quickly and from the other reviews it seems this gets worse. I don't know which one was worse, the dry humping while dancing, the complete oversexualization of Fleur, or the complete 180 of the MC's personality. Not only did Harry go from a hard-working boy trying to get stronger and survive to a complete horny nerd, it seems the whole story turned into some cheap sex thing.
scarfb0i chapter 19 . 12/13/2023
i like the fact that they didnt go to all the locations

sometimes road trip arcs really drag out the pacing of the story, and this is really tight, so thats good
Vl4k chapter 40 . 12/12/2023
I almost ditched this story in the beginning but I'm glad I stuck to it, it really improved considerably!
gryphindoros chapter 3 . 12/8/2023
bruh I'd hit the cunt with a blasting curse
Fuck Names chapter 11 . 12/3/2023
Unexpected.
DarkSwanQueen777 chapter 4 . 12/2/2023
i wish there was a declaimer for stuff i dont want to read like smut. as if Harry being powerful equals lustful teen
perlcat45 chapter 40 . 11/23/2023
You, sir, are a master storyteller. I loved your story.
hpmick13 chapter 6 . 9/24/2023
This story has some amusing parts and this version of Dumbledore is my favourite by far of those I've read of in Fanfiction.

However the story is littered with spelling and grammar errors, every time I see lied instead of lay I cringe.

Then there's the uncomfortable and out of place sexual things which keep cropping up, uncomfortable because they are still children.

Then we have the ridiculous, like serving alcohol to children at a school function.

Or a man warding a scroll he wrote, burying it and obliviating himself to hide the knowledge, when he could have just DESTROYED the scroll.

Setting a room on fire and not noticing until he has to flood the place to listen to a clue, these are just badly thought out scenarios and detract from what could have been a great story.

It's making it a struggle to continue reading.
hpmick13 chapter 4 . 9/24/2023
I had to stop reading during this chapter because of the stupidity

Harry is under an invisibility cloak with silenced feet, but he's hiding in shadows and worried about reflections, what bloody reflections, it's an INVISIBILITY cloak, there are no reflections or need to hide in shadows

The he is panicked because Filch is coming, who couldn't see him, smell him or hear him smh
Legacy24 chapter 17 . 9/21/2023
You truly made a Dumbledore i fricking love. Ive never been so taken by him in any fics I have read and there have been a lot. Thank you for such a charming story
Guest chapter 9 . 9/12/2023
Gosh it’s such a great idea to pour your heart out to a guy who cares more about you using respectful titles to an overgrown bully than the students he actually has a duty to care about.
CapnGoose chapter 40 . 9/7/2023
A masterpiece a absolute masterpiece. I loved every second of it.
maiqsmail chapter 19 . 9/2/2023
Very nice summer adventure, although when I heard France in the end of that supposed list, I expected some Fleur time. But what I got was even better, it's so great to see the world outside regular Britain.
2,335 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »