Reviews for Magicks of the Arcane
trueAnimeking chapter 40 . 11h
brilliant!
SneakyDevil chapter 40 . 2/18
I finally got around to reading this once again. It was just as fantastic as I remembered. Thank you for the hard work and time you've dedicated to this story.
Yifto chapter 5 . 2/7
This is one is one of if not the best fics on this site. For me it's up there with Jbern's: "Dance in jungle bungle" or something. And has my favourite Dumbledore. I have come back to read it again brackish it's so awesome
lazy-kaa chapter 2 . 1/21
Well, to artificail brake with HG... For the idea of the storry it is fine, but it feels really unnatural. She just was right beside of HP for threee books for nothing. That is, in fact, he is dropping her off in your storry. Well, good luck.
lazy-kaa chapter 1 . 1/21
Yes, for the idea it is fine to cick HG aside, but in whole HP world it is difficult to imagen.
infinite eternity chapter 38 . 1/16
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIii-
ronjon chapter 16 . 1/11
I don't know if you check back on your completed stories for reviews by people who are just now reading your stories, but! This is not really a review. Just wanted to say I am really enjoying a powerful Harry and a fairly responsible Dumbledore for a change. Two things I will point out: first, the organization is the ICW, International Confederation of Wizards (I think) and the word LIVE VS LIFE. They refer to a living state but LIFE is more a state of being as in "get a life" or "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it". LIVE is more of a verb or adjective. It's a Live show vs taped. It's ALIVE! Let us live in peace! Now you are thoroughly confused, my job is done!
if Hedwig and Harry share some kinda magical bond that lets the mfeel eachother or atleast Hedwig feel teh emotions or something of Harry then she wouldnt have felt the need to come for me since you clearly todl us of how he was not afraid but was nejoying himself. Ehhhhhhhh
As a person that has always been of reason and logic rather than emotion, Harry is a very weak and emotional person it really makes sense that he and Dumbledore are so close. opposites clash but sames stay together.
infinite eternity chapter 26 . 1/8
Wow. I love how each one of your time/scene changes is so skillfully introduced, and how I can feel the emotions and motivations behind each character. Even the most minor characters are multi-faceted and I can almost imagine how they came to be, their personality... And this chapter made me angry at Riddle too, even though, like you said, he's fictional.
It's just... wow. I've read stories with better grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. than yours, but only a few of those managed to do that and convey to the reader the pure emotion and put me in the shoes of those characters. So yeah. Keep on writing masterpieces!
infinite eternity chapter 25 . 1/8
YAYYYYYYYYY RON
people are great
this is great
your writing is great
everything's great
except eggplants (ew)
Thanasi chapter 40 . 1/6
So I finally got over my dislike of the pervyness of the first half of the story to really enjoy the second half. It was far more interesting than i expected but im not sure how i feel about the ending. Harry having consequences to his time magic is very neat, though im not sure if he actually aged or only appeared to age. I am equally unsure if i like how voldemort used his horcrux. That is very well... unlike voldemort. How exactly did voldemort know where to find the remains... why would the first battlemage find voldemort and dumbledore who apparently arent really at the same level as the 5th lvl mages make him interested? There is a lot of questions that arent really answered. TBH i dont like the idea of him being a story teller as a hobby but i do like him being one as the aftermath. You dont really tell us what happened to magical britain after... i mean with the amount of ppl dead and did the hogwarts students survive? Is the magical world a better place in teh end? Im not sure i enjoyed the whole moody/harry fights that happened because harry at this point would just slap mad eye down. Its hard to see you militarizing the order but they still arent super effective in comparison. What happened to Tim and his girl that he wanted to go with? I mean the amount of questions i have now is way higher than the amount of questions i had while the story was happening. Does albus ever awaken? Or is he stuck in time? Will he age as he sleeps? If so isnt there a limited amount of time for harry to save him? I just feel like you left so much open.
Dark Golo chapter 40 . 1/5
Cut
Cztelnik chapter 20 . 1/2
Short chapters aren't too bad although they restrict the immersion capacity but they are no less intense. Harry's battles are wonderfully detailed ") The infatuation Vance has with Snape adds to the realistic aspect of the story, canon wasn't despite war and violence. Sirius has a real role, his amusement at Harry's realization that not going to Hogwarts doesn't mean not studying or taking his Newts is natural and the cursed umbrella stand finally makes is explained. Lovely imagery for a line of trickster shadow emperors.
Cztelnik chapter 19 . 1/2
The cave inferi are interesting as is Dumbledore's logical admonition to Harry regarding dark magic. It is interesting that Parkinson Lord removed the family grimoire from the vault, it must have been after Dumbledoreble last saw it, perhaps the head didn't approve of Voldemort and saw the direction his heir planned to take the intrigue!
1,924 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »