Reviews for Magicks of the Arcane
kalloni chapter 19 . 5/5/2023
I am a bit confused why Fudge would install someone at Hogwarts in this story. In canon it was because he wanted leverage to discredit and oust Dumbledore, but in this story as this chapter says, the order is playing it safe so Fudge has no real reason to mistrust Dumbledore.
kalloni chapter 5 . 5/2/2023
The tone of the last couple chapters feels weird compared to the first few. I'm guessing these haven't gotten the rewrite process but idk. It seemed interesting with Harry feeling isolated and diving into esoteric magic while renouncing his fickle friends
Then the Yule ball comes and suddenly he's an insatiable pervert. I'll stick with it cause I've seen other people mention the writing evolves.

Also one little nitpick from the start of this chapter. He finds a carving in an oak tree presumably from centuries ago, but trees grow. If it was centuries old, the carving wouldn't be anywhere near the ground.
grizzlymytizzly chapter 25 . 4/27/2023
You FUCKING BASTARD! Why why why why! WHY LYDIA AND TIM YOU FUCK!
Verdauga chapter 15 . 3/30/2023
;]
Verdauga chapter 1 . 3/29/2023
This looks Noice.
nanaeleanor chapter 40 . 3/17/2023
I enjoyed the epic story very much. The level of intensity was maintained over a long period. The battle scenes were super exciting. Thanks for writing.
nanaeleanor chapter 30 . 3/15/2023
Hells bells! That was exciting!
Ltbutterfly287 chapter 3 . 2/28/2023
Personally I would have preferred Daphne over Fleur, more opportunity to make someone unique.
god eater chapter 4 . 1/22/2023
see this was why i was so weary the first time around with this one. it's so weird for you to write 14 year olds having sex, but it's even weirder to describe the bodies of underage girls! at least be discrete about it and say that hormones got in the way but it just feels rotten all the way
BohemianVoldemort chapter 5 . 12/20/2022
Really not comfortable with the way fourteen year olds (and other minors, really) are being sexulaized and their bodies intimately and vulgarly detailed.

Similarly, I hope this etiquette elitism dies down because it really sends a poor message.

Finally, and in contrast, your world building and your lore is fantastic, and your writing capability is above average.
codeninja676 chapter 17 . 12/11/2022
I'm not sure I like having made the Potter's essentially middle class wealthy instead of the Absurdly rich we hear about in canon. If only because it just adds yet another layer of shit into the crapcake that has been poor Harry's life financial anxiety is no joke. The Potter's are ancient beyond measure and I find it hard to believe they completely wasted almost every bit of money in wars when their wealth is described in both books and movies as enough for Harry to live multiple lifetimes with no money issues.
2,337 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »